• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

So, an EVA skin for Quiet?

MGSV-MGS3-Female-Costumes-DLC.jpg
?

Edit: Agh, I'm too slow.

RDR on PC please be true!
My mistake I tend to lump them together. Yes Obsidian did make New Vegas. That still doesn't change how I feel about the Fallout or The Elders Scrolls games though. Writing was better in New Vegas though but eh. Those games do nothing for me regardless.
Blah blah blah, too much talking, go play Witcher 3.

Given the Torment game definitely isn't going to be delayed I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes a contender.

:3

Anyone interested in CRPGs needs to look into Age of Decadence though. Early access has been great and it's finally coming out in October after many, many years.

ExoSoul

Banned
RDR on PC is probably just EA being too lazy and using the same list for consoles and not bothering to make a new one with the real offer for PC.

Grief.exe

Bloodborne would be GOTY if it was on PC; Witcher 3's a fine replacement though. MGS won't even be on my list since I haven't started it and everything about the unfinished, lackluster story. PoE's also up there.

MGSV is all about the gameplay.

RDR on PC is probably just EA being too lazy and using the same list for consoles and not bothering to make a new one with the real offer for PC.

Most likely.

zkylon

zkylewd
Konami got you covered (in contrast to Quiet's body).
kojima sometimes you make it really hard to like you

My mistake I tend to lump them together. Yes Obsidian did make New Vegas. That still doesn't change how I feel about the Fallout or The Elders Scrolls games though. Writing was better in New Vegas though but eh. Those games do nothing for me regardless.
don't lump fallout and elder scrolls together -___-

if anything there are more isometric games as there are first person

Is there a way to get steam to reset your time played for the last two weeks? All of this idling has made me look like a no life basement dweller ;-;

Not even the universal praise for its story could change your mind?
Oh so I gotta like The Last of Us now too?

But no "universal praise" does not mean shit to me, if I am not interested in the game.

don't lump fallout and elder scrolls together -___-

if anything there are more isometric games as there are first person

I don't. Only the ones that are in first person. I don't like them and that's that.

Red Dead Redemption? On PC? EA? Goes back a page. Oh. A subscription service is almost as bad as a streaming service. They're just trying to strip you of ownership of their product, which they technically sort of have with digital distribution, under the guise of offering a convenience. If EA is the one trying to champion the idea, no thanks. They haven't quite got the whole digital distribution thing quite figured out.

The Last of Us is a grand game though.

The Age of Decadence is feature complete even though it doesn't release for two weeks. There's a demo if you aren't familiar with the game. Could really surprise you like it did me! Can finish the entire game without ever entering into a fight or you could play it as a traditional game in the genre. As a merchant I conspired to have my enemies murdered by street urchins and tricked generals into starting wars.

Pakkidis

Red Dead Redemption? On PC? EA? Goes back a page. Oh. A subscription service is almost as bad as a streaming service. They're just trying to strip you of ownership of their product, which they technically sort of have with digital distribution, under the guise of offering a convenience. If EA is the one trying to champion the idea, no thanks. They haven't quite got the whole digital distribution thing quite figured out.

So glad I'm not the only one. A lot of people here seem to love this idea as long as the "price is right" without so much as a second thought about loosing ownership of a product.

Anastasia

I'm sure most people enjoyed the gameplay well enough. But after unfinished, fragmented, poorly paced mess of a story failed most people's expectations, I doubt many would view it as the GOTY.

There are parts of the story that I like and think are very well done actually, but yeah the ending and just various things could have been done a lot better. But the core of MGSV is so good that I don't mind the weaker story so much. I would still put it as my GOTY. I think. (Either that or LiS.)

Oh so I gotta like The Last of Us now too?

You should Leaf, cuz it's one of the best games ever~

Of course not. This is SteamGAF. You're not obligated to like any console exclusives. :)
lol.
The Last of Us is a grand game though.
That's fine.

You should Leaf, cuz it's one of the best games ever~
But I don't care about it though :<.

Ub1YPL9.png

microsoft's own site -___-
Welp. That sucks.

Leaf, you truly are the last of them.
Guess so.

I don't get it.
They need the driver for Windows 10.

zkylon

zkylewd
trying to reinstall drivers and see if it helps some random disconnects im getting

but whelp

For realz bro, it's finally happened. And FFXV is a real game and the Last Guardian is coming out next year. The impossible has become possible!
and ff7 remake and maybe a re2 full remake

whatever the fuck we've done to deserve this

Hektor

and ff7 remake and maybe a re2 full remake

For realz bro, it's finally happened. And FFXV is a real game and the Last Guardian is coming out next year. The impossible has become possible!

No love for Nier 2? ;_;

The Age of Decadence is feature complete even though it doesn't release for two weeks. There's a demo if you aren't familiar with the game. Could really surprise you like it did me! Can finish the entire game without ever entering into a fight or you could play it as a traditional game in the genre. As a merchant I conspired to have my enemies murdered by street urchins and tricked generals into starting wars.

Any information on how long this game is?

zkylon

zkylewd
No love for Nier 2? ;_;
nier 2 is like my favorite new announcement, but that was kind of like outta nowhere, not like rumors finally coming true

also i forgot to say persona 5 might be actually be releasing next year

ahhh the world is gonna be a good place

No love for Nier 2? ;_;

Any information on how long this game is?
There's almost no information on Nier 2 wheras XV and The Last Guardian and confirmed to release next year.

And it's hard to say how long The Age of Decadence is given how different it is from most crpgs. It took me 4 hours to reach the end in early access(the last city has since been added) but the game is split into multiple factions(Merchants, Assassin's, Military, Royalty, and maybe one more) that have completely different quests. And even within each faction there is a lot of branching that can lead to completely different outcomes in each city. In my playthrough I convinced a group of priests in the second city that I was the rebirth of the messiah so in the last(incomplete) city the crazed religious ruler was more trusting of me as he'd heard rumors.

It's also worth noting that in my playthrough I was a merchant who avoided all battles so that length is solely through talking to people. If you do get into fights or play as a member of the military factions i'd imagine you'd have a much longer average playthrough given you're entering into battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom