• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

just watched the eurogamer recap on the metal gear franchise and my head is full of fuck.

will watch the gametrailers one later.

is the story really this convoluted?

now that's wrong attitude, it is supposed to be, the more confusing the better, in case of MGS that is.

now that's wrong attitude, it is supposed to be, the more confusing the better, in case of MGS that is.

Indeed.

That prologue yo!

uyr2kUk.gif

FloatOn

like I said before I really liked metal gear solid on psx and I tried to like mgs2 but after the boss on roller blades I bailed out because weirdness.

I should get my key and start on ground zeroes at the very least by this weekend. look forward to impressions from a total mgs n00b

Tizoc

just watched the eurogamer recap on the metal gear franchise and my head is full of fuck.

will watch the gametrailers one later.

is the story really this convoluted?

It's convoluted if you consider the events of MGS4 as well.

MGS2 is just the bad guys
trying to control the world via information control

legacyzero

Banned
happy born day

That's because it's wishful thinking, while reality is other one

I had to

yah, I noticed my mistake, I was checking chocobo, not a bundle

I'm really loving MGS, just...doesn't seem like a MGS game yet. Other than the prologue, not too much fuckery yet.

Happy day of birth.

Happy existence day!

happy birthday! mine is in like 3 days as well
Thanks ya'll!

Arthea

like I said before I really liked metal gear solid on psx and I tried to like mgs2 but after the boss on roller blades I bailed out because weirdness.

I should get my key and start on ground zeroes at the very least by this weekend. look forward to impressions from a total mgs n00b

IDK, there is no such thing as too weird, if you wanna know deepness of weird we can get down to, you should try Higurashi, now that's weird, and not convoluted even.

Tizoc

Its a shame that he created the franchise and made it what it is today and he has no rights to it. Laws should change, creators should be the one that own their babies, not souless money hungry companies :(

That didn't work really well for comics back in the 90s :V
Besides Kojima isn't really THE ONE PERSON WHO MADE ALL THE MGS GAMES.
Even if he is the brain child it wouldn't be what it is without the help of others such as Shinkawa.

Volimar

So bummed at the XCOM 2 delay. Guess I'll just get plenty of time with Fallout 4. Restarted The Long War. Knowing what I know now, I don't try to take on missions out of my league. Slow and steady.

Lomax

The Ubi bundle has sold 38,000 copies at an average of $8 each. It seems to be doing pretty well.

For a weekly bundle that would be doing okay. For a main bundle, that's about as bad as I can remember for a first day. Things like the EA bundles sold more than that in the first hour.

Messiah

Thought the MGSV prologue is tedious and unnecessarily bloated.

dunno why people love it so much

Yeah I really liked the first half of the prologue, but then it dragged on too long and it wasn't even a good tutorial for people who don't really know how the controls and mechanics work.

zkylon

zkylewd
Someday Obsidian will make an Fallout with the Pillars Of Eternity.

Someday.

;___;
i hope so

but first i hope they add real mod support to eternity so i can mod them fucking spiders out -__-

Wow, that looks amazing.

i still think the old fallout games look pretty good to this day, obviously very compressed and low-res and crap, but that era aged really well for me, at least visually

14323_4bb60866a851f.jpg

(that's using a bit of a resolution mod)

like look at this beauty!

Lomax

I guess by revenue the Clancy bundle is actually doing pretty well. I wonder if uPlay makes 300k in sales a day via the client. I kinda doubt it.

Lately I've been trying to gather up my digital purchases from old online stores. Seeing if any keys will activate on steam. Problem is, I'm not sure I remember them all. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting one.

I've researched:
Amazon digital library
Impulse / Gamestop
Direct2drive
Games for Windows Live Marketplace. (which oddly enough worked really well on windows 10 and I was able to download, restore, and play games I purchased which I never could do the past year while I was running Windows 8. Of course none of the keys activate on steam)
Uplay (haha)
EA downloader / EA - Market Place / Origin
Onlive / Gametap / GoG(listing them just for completion. I know nothing I own on those would activate on steam)

Maybe I've got them all but I'm still thinking there was another one. I am thinking it had a stand alone app but digital river was the store drm. Any ideas what this other service was?

Jawmuncher

I feel like games such as fallout 1 and 2 look pretty ugly. Not for their era but because of their art style. Then again I guess if have to get a post apocalyptic wasteland across that's one way to do it.

Lomax

I feel like games such as fallout 1 and 2 look pretty ugly. Not for their era but because of their art style. Then again I guess if have to get a post apocalyptic wasteland across that's one way to do it.

My best memories of the Fallout 1&2 graphics was the death animations. Otherwise I think it was pretty unremarkable. I remember thinking the Baldur's Gate games looked great in screenshots but I was much less impressed with them in motion. And they hyped the first one especially heavily on the graphics.

r3n4ud

I don't get the suicide thing in STASIS. It's just unnecessarily gross and the fact you get achievements for it just makes it more weird.

The game itself is all right though: great visuals, fantastic sound (even the voice acting is great, although some of it is amateur hour). I was a bit disappointed when I realized there were
monsters
(something you realize 1-2 hours in), thought it would be
a more grounded story about human trafficking
(something you realize in like the first 30 minutes), kinda like a certain lesser-known Hideo Kojima game.

Thanks for the impressions!

Was going to pick it up at nuuvem, but it's no longer available :(

zkylon

zkylewd
what dont u like about fallout artstyle -___-

I wonder what happened with Stasis on Nuuvem. Price dropped by 11 Brazilian real hours before release after being up for nearly a week and then removed all together shortly after launch.

They did refund me the difference of the price drop though.

i hope so

but first i hope they add real mod support to eternity so i can mod them fucking spiders out -__-

i still think the old fallout games look pretty good to this day, obviously very compressed and low-res and crap, but that era aged really well for me, at least visually

14323_4bb60866a851f.jpg

(that's using a bit of a resolution mod)

like look at this beauty!

I think that many parts of Fallout 1 & 2 look really great and have gotten old very gracefully.

MaxiLive

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Edge -- MB-BF92E30236AFA7EE - Taken by Madn. 5 entrants total.
You Are Not A Banana -- MB-02191DD94D189CC9 - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-63CC11E945F65D5C - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 3 entrants total.

t1441216531z1.png

Some spares!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom