• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Get ready to be spooked

iWhdmEt.png

Damnations - I'mma miss the halloween sale this year since I am out of the states...

Unless its possible to buy games while in a different region on your steam account and still be able to play them when getting back home? Anyone know?

Damnations - I'mma miss the halloween sale this year since I am out of the states...

Unless its possible to buy games while in a different region on your steam account and still be able to play them when getting back home? Anyone know?

You could probably just buy it on the website, as long as you're paying with a US credit/debit card/Paypal.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
oh? It's the one game everyone seems to be fawning over right now, no?

Most people seem to enjoy it, but there's some who don't care for the quirky writing and characters. There's a demo up on the devs' website which is outdated, but still somewhat representative of what to expect. Check it out and see if it'll work for you!

I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment any further, but I hope to get to it soon!

Jazz573

Also, there's another VN getting an English version on Steam. So, Libra of the Vampire Princess (Greenlight link), is a new VN from Onomatope, which I should add hasn't actually released in Japan yet. The localization is being handled by MiKandi Japan, and they also intend on running a Kickstarter. The game is 18+, but obviously the Steam version won't be. Since MiKandi sells adult apps, I would say the 18+ version coming to the west is highly likely. VNDB Page (SFW)

Also, there's another VN getting an English version on Steam. So, Libra of the Vampire Princess (Greenlight link), is a new VN from Onomatope, which I should add hasn't actually released in Japan yet. The localization is being handled by MiKandi Japan, and they also intend on running a Kickstarter. The game is 18+, but obviously the Steam version won't be. Since MiKandi sells adult apps, I would say the 18+ version coming to the west is highly likely. VNDB Page (SFW)

Loli boobs?

BasilZero

You could probably just buy it on the website, as long as you're paying with a US credit/debit card/Paypal.

Oh if I can still play the games when I get back after buying them from here - that will be fine :eek:.

I dont have any other way to pay for games other than my US Credentials lol.

Jawmuncher

Tried the Undertale demo, was interesting i'll give it that. Might grab it later on to see more of it. Though probably when a guide is out. Didn't want to kill anyone and got stuck on talking to the ghost.

Sch1sm

Tried the Undertale demo, was interesting i'll give it that. Might grab it later on to see more of it. Though probably when a guide is out. Didn't want to kill anyone and got stuck on talking to the ghost.

I managed 10 minutes before exiting the game. I don't think it's my type. Think I'll play some more today before deciding whether or not I'll refund and pick up Contradiction instead.

We can talk about how The Player is better than Blindspot. And the awfulness that is TWD is starting soon. And Quantico is lol.

ive never seen any of those besides TWD which i stopped watching mid season 3 because i was just like man fuck this show, its trash. its a shame too cause season one is really good imo. Currently started watching Scream and Scream Queens (saw the pilot for both yesterday), they're both really good so far, Scream having the more interesting pilot though :) Also started season 2 of the strain, what a snore the the season premiere was, so bad that i feel like just dropping that show.

ezodagrom

Something like that

This is how it looks everything maxed:
Was wondering how come most of the reviews are positive (though there's not many reviews), but I guess those that would have given negative reviews that tried the game would have already refunded (and from what I saw being mentioned around, refunding a game removes the review, not completely sure about this but wouldn't be surprised).

I have enough in my Steam Wallet to cover it so I may pick up Sniper Elite III since it's $9.99 and that's the lowest it's been so far...still got a couple days to make up my mind

Something like that

Glad that I stopped buying their ports after Toukiden (even though that game was probably one of their best efforts)

I'll never understand why some companies do that kind of stuff (Konami does the same with PES) and build hybrid PC versions.

Tizoc

Wow, finally, a good TECMO KOEI port.

And how is Sword Coast Legends listed on popular new release?
Valve, please.

Only the character models are PS4 quality from what I've read.

I tried th game a little and holy heck....I can't get it to run at 60 FPS ith graphics settings at max o_O Now granted I play on a laptop but the FPS is at the 30 FPS range and the game runs slow when lots of enemies are in view.
Gonna set the FPS limiter to 30 FPS in game and meddle with more settings to see wha the best options are for me.

PS4 models, PS3 textures, particles, effects, and such, according to the Steam community.

Something like that

Doesn't look to bad, tbh.
You know, more positives than the negatives. It's still not a bad port imho.

I have enough in my Steam Wallet to cover it so I may pick up Sniper Elite III since it's $9.99 and that's the lowest it's been so far...still got a couple days to make up my mind

I've been thinking about picking it up as well.

ezodagrom

Doesn't look to bad, tbh.
You know, more positives than the negatives. It's still not a bad port imho.
Taking into consideration that it's yet again mostly a PS3 port for the same price as the superior PS4 version, I'd say it's pretty bad (not a bad "port", but a bad practice and one that shouldn't be supported).
And imo the textures look pretty awful.

EDIT: Oh, and people have mentioned that they use PS4 version screenshots as advertisement in the Steam page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom