• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
but if Hitman bombs are we really going to see those extra downloadable missions though?

The whole thing seems to be some sort of experiment in releasing half a game and hoping that enough money comes in to justify producing the other half. i find it to be troubling and a sign that SE does not have enough confidence in the product to fully greenlight a whole game.

It's more to do with the fact that IO want to make sure they're making the right decisions in the game. They want to do good on their promise of something more Blood Money-esque. Absolution was hated by the majority of fans, and they don't seem to want to repeat that mistake. They've mentioned getting player feedback a ton from this, so it's more of a mix between early access (minus the bugs, that is) and an episodic model.

KingKong

It's more to do with the fact that IO want to make sure they're making the right decisions in the game. They want to do good on their promise of something more Blood Money-esque. Absolution was hated by the majority of fans, and they don't seem to want to repeat that mistake. They've mentioned getting player feedback a ton from this, so it's more of a mix between early access (minus the bugs, that is) and an episodic model.

you do realize now that they delayed the game they'll be releasing the second half as soon as the next month after the first half right?

Yeah I'm done giving money to Tecmo-Koei for their PC """"efforts"""".

Still looking forward to catching up on my Musou library once I get a PS4 though.

Taking into consideration that it's yet again mostly a PS3 port for the same price as the superior PS4 version, I'd say it's pretty bad (not a bad "port", but a bad practice and one that shouldn't be supported).
And imo the textures look pretty awful.

EDIT: Oh, and people have mentioned that they use PS4 version screenshots as advertisement in the Steam page.

Same price as the PS4 version? Well, THAT'S bad.
I got regional pricing here though so it's quite cheap ($22).

Shadownet

Banned
I mean.. do you guys remember the Evolve $5 price glitch from Indonesia? How do you think I was able to get so many copies for you guys.

Went to the Indonesian group and asked for help. Going outside of SteamGAF ain't all bad.

Annubis

You might remember me saying how much I wanted the latest Dynasty Warrior Empire (well... probably not, but I talked about it for the longest time) but the PS3 graphics on PC just makes me unable to buy it on Steam.
Same as above, I'd rather wait until I end up picking a PS4 and then get that version.

I just can't buy their bad ports.

madjoki

Doesn't look to bad, tbh.
You know, more positives than the negatives. It's still not a bad port imho.

For me main problem isn't graphics, but controls. Game simply doesn't respond to most of inputs (xbox360 controller), making it unplayable. (LT/RT for camera, left stick for movement is all that works) and most of controller options are locked, so nothing you can do.

fertygo

I mean.. do you guys remember the Evolve $5 price glitch from Indonesia? How do you think I was able to get so many copies for you guys.

Went to the Indonesian group and asked for help. Going outside of SteamGAF ain't all bad.

yeah, not really.. you just wasting my time for an hour before finding that GAF thread.

My fault for trying to forsake this place :(

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Getting hit by $105 of overdraft fees for 3measly purchases under $5 that have been pending for a week.

Fuck. I was planning on buying mgsv.

louiedog

I feel like people would probably call for a boycott of Direct 2 Drive over this crappy campaign if there was a chance of people actually buying anything there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like they rolled out an update to the market page that kinda breaks some Enhanced Steam functionality. Sigh.

louiedog

Getting hit by $105 of overdraft fees for 3measly purchases under $5 that have been pending for a week.

Fuck. I was planning on buying mgsv.

Have you tried talking to someone at your bank?

I was in the middle of moving and switching banks when a large auto payment that wasn't supposed to happen just before a few small purchases gave me a series of overdraft fees in a row. I walked into a branch and sat down to talk with a person who wiped out all but one.

Vamphuntr

Any recommendations? I have 35$ in my steam wallet since I got my refund for Sword Coast Legends. Already have Tales of Zestiria preordered. I'm looking at Soma maybe. Anything else?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Have you tried talking to someone at your bank?

I was in the middle of moving and switching banks when a large auto payment that wasn't supposed to happen just before a few small purchases gave me a series of overdraft fees in a row. I walked into a branch and sat down to talk with a person who wiped out all but one.
Doing that as soon as I can. My paycheck is currently shown as pending.

How did I miss this? Any other copy I can buy for the $5 price?

oh? It's the one game everyone seems to be fawning over right now, no?

I'm not knocking the concept itself - I think it's great. It's just that I'm very particular when I run pacifist/sadist runs in my RPGs. If I have to consult a guide to
kill everyone in the gameworld
, it's not for me. Maybe I'll get it when it goes on sale.

Lain

Awesome news: Phenomenally Powerful Princess Pink has been funded!

voKbZkK.png

Vote on Greenlight!

The kickstarter is super close to unlocking it's next stretch goal: 2 more cool dlc skins! It only has 9 more hours to go, though. I hope it makes it!

cDCLMqi.png

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, bus. I would have never voted for it if you didn't bring it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom