• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Since the question has been answered, I'll give you a small tip that'll save you some trouble in the future:

Go into the settings tab and check "Hide DS4" to remove the dinput controller from being recognized by some games. It'll prevent some games from having double inputs.

Good thing I got mine for 98% off. 💰

You can set the program to automatically check for updates.
Alternatively, just download the latest build from GitHub and replace the files manually.
Up to you.
(Updates are infrequent as it is, so not really much of an issue)

you can click a button in the main program to update
Thank you all. Much appreciated. 👍

xezuru

Should i be getting ~50 CPU usage watching Flash videos in Firefox? I installed my new 1070 today and i'm wondering perhaps the latest GeForce drivers are broked?

You shouldn't, but I don't know what your actual specs are so I'm guessing it's more of a testament of how fucking absolute garbage Flash is, unless it's super invasive and like crashing your shit, I wouldn't call it abnormal.

Saty

You shouldn't, but I don't know what your actual specs are so I'm guessing it's more of a testament of how fucking absolute garbage Flash is, unless it's super invasive and like crashing your shit, I wouldn't call it abnormal.

i5 4690K. Dunno if it was like that before.

Far Cry Primal is actually decently fun if you like exploration and it's really really pretty. Of course, If you like them for machine guns, you're out of luck.

It's not as bad as people made out.

Parsnip

Yikes at the Palmer Luckey stuff.

Uhhh, just a (admittedly strange) question here.
I'm not huge on achievements but at the same time I get sort of a displeasure going back to a game I had abandoned months ago with a bunch of cheevos already unlocked.
Would the infamous SAM allow me to deactivate those already unlocked achievements and earn them back again ? But at the same time, I suppose that while the intent isn't cheating the system, I would be in a ban cross-hair by doing that, no ?

I have done that exact thing once and I'm still here.
As far as I recall, at the time at least, achievements would work and unlock as expected and my profile would actually update unlock dates with the new dates.

It's been a long time though so things may be different now.

JarrodL

So Walking Dead: Michonne automatically launches with my regional language chosen instead of english. To be able to play the game in english, at least in gog version, I'd actually have to change my system locale, which is where it's "helpfully" reading the OS language data from, and reboot my PC. Potentially breaking any number of other applications relying on regional data to be correct.

Really, Telltale?
Chandler-Bing-Really-Reaction-Gif.gif

Hektor

So Walking Dead: Michonne automatically launches with my regional language chosen instead of english. To be able to play the game in english, at least in gog version, I'd actually have to change my system locale, which is where it's "helpfully" reading the OS language data from, and reboot my PC. Potentially breaking any number of other applications relying on regional data to be correct.

Really, Telltale?

Just like in one of my japanese anime games

Really, Telltale?

You could try this.

https://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/

Parsnip

Really, Telltale?

I remember Assassin's Creed 3 doing this on x360, the only way to for me to play the game fully in English was to change the console locale to English. It was even more bizarre because the game had 2 separate language options for subs and dubs, but no option that would change menus, hud etc.

illusionary

Best puzzle game is finally out on Steam:

Yes, Arthea, DROD is better than Picross, Spacechem, Lyne and Letter Quest combined

300 achievements, represent!

Also gj, Volvo.
Game has one pre-release review. Positive at that. What does the new implementation of review scoring show? Negative, 0% of the 1 user reviews are positive.

Absolutely, the DROD games are amazing; it's been too long since I played them.

In fact, that reminds me, I've not installed Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (bought direct from Caravel a few years back) on my new laptoo yet - let me get that rectified now. Sadly, I had a few of the DROD games via Desura so clearly have lost those, but will make a note to get them on Steam where I can when they get discounted.

Corpekata

Banned
Perfect timing with that SFV patch what with the thread about Tekken 7 and "cheating" and how SFV somehow is doing good with that aspect. Then they patch in a rootkit. Lovely.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Perfect timing with that SFV patch what with the thread about Tekken 7 and "cheating" and how SFV somehow is doing good with that aspect. Then they patch in a rootkit. Lovely.

I love how

updated anti-crack solution (note: not DRM)

turns out to actually be worse than DRM

Knurek

Was Capcom even thinking when they implemented this patch? lol

I don't know what Capcom was thinking, but I'm sure I know what Russian organized crime groups are thinking right now.
"200 thousand new potential ransomware victims! Cha-ching!"

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I knew Street Fighter was being partially funded by Sony, but releasing a rootkit on the PC?

What is this 2005?

Uzzy

Was Capcom even thinking when they implemented this patch? lol

That rootkits to protect their precious fight money were a higher priority than, oh I don't know, directinput support or even key rebinding.

I just want to look at Chun-Li's thighs while she's kicking people in the face, but there's so much bullshit around SFV that it's really off putting. Damn good job Capcom.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Killer is Dead -- MB-7723C1AEB123C577 - Taken by Iron Badger

Ozium

I fully expect Shenmue 3 to be DNF levels of disappointment to those who have waited so long. The fact that there are supposed to be like 3 other games after 3 itself doesn't help matters.

just because they won't make a new dino crapsis game doesn't mean you can just go shit on other peoples dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom