• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

I haven't been able to find one.

Short one from Wok (a member here):

hGDOH5U.png

Accoun

So, finished MW2 campaign. It was... OK, I guess. Had a few really good missions (
Gulag, Second Sun
), but was brought down by everything else with Ramirez (including the infamous
Burger Town defense
and the favela missions (although the small marketplace part was cool).
Also, the checkpoint system is wack. There were missions or parts of them that I needed to repeat multiple times before finding out there were checkpoints in places I've already been to before I died - with
the road to the submarine dock in Contingency being the worst offender

By the way: does Ghost have a cult following among the fanbase? Because I thought he had for a long time and now that I've finished the game, I can't see why. I guess it's just that the mask and glasses make him look memorable on pics (because frankly, in game I was too busy shooting and getting shot at to care who is it, as long as it's not one of the enemies). Or maybe that we
saw him dying with us

New Watch_Dogs 2: Welcome to DedSec Trailer focusing on story.
Why oh why oh why did I buy that season pass?
This plus Arkham Knight makes for 2 real stinkers that I've bought.

Why do i keep doing this to myself?
Yet again feels good waiting for complete editions to jump at. Nothing lost.
Anyone want to make a thread on this?

https://bl2142.co/

BF2142 for free with functioning master servers, just released today. EA has publicly declared 2142 abandonware and will let this run.
That's freaking dope as heck! Thanks for posting.
It's also on Steam.

Seems to be grind-heavy from what I read in the reviews.

Parsnip

Got a question about Steam folders.

I'm upgrading my secondary hard drive to a bigger capacity one. I only have Steam games on it. Can I just temporarily move the Steam folder away to another connected drive, swap out the drives, move the folder back, and just carry on?

Yes. With steam closed, just grab the whole library folder, move it elsewhere, install the new drive, and move the folder back. As long as you keep the drive letter the same Steam should just see all the games when you start it up again.

Lain

Was it posted yet? Dead End Junction got released on Steam

Dead End Junction was written and directed by Hidume, the sole member of 773, creator of the acclaimed Cherry Tree High series and fan of old Westerns like The Magnificent Seven and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Their sharp sense of humor is on full display here, though they do an excellent job proving they can write a serious story with this title as well.

Localized by the start-up publisher Culture Select, Dead End Junction is a kinetic novel that captures the aura of the Wild West while addressing social issues that are relevant to contemporary society.

I remember voting for it on greenlight, might grab it later.

Tizoc

Sf5 is my #1 goty woth doom '16 at #2 atm
Inreally enjoy sf5's system and i play it from time to time when i have people over

vg260

I did the same thing you're looking to do a few weeks ago and didn't have to redownload the games.

Had Steam on my ssd and a seperate SteamLibrary on my hdd. Removed the old hdd, add a new hdd (made sure it used the same drive directory letter), reatteched the old hdd externally and copied the entire contents of SteamLibrary to the new drive.

I think you may also have to go in to steam's settings > downloads click "steam library folders" and go to "add library folders" and navigate to the SteamLibrary folder for steam to recognize it once it's been added to the new drive

Yes. With steam closed, just grab the whole library folder, move it elsewhere, install the new drive, and move the folder back. As long as you keep the drive letter the same Steam should just see all the games when you start it up again.

Thanks for the confirmation!

rtcn63

Incendiary bolts
in Bioshock don't fuck around. Grenade-launcher level damage to non-fire enemies. If you're playing with a mouse/aim-assist, it's too OP.

Popstar

I'd imagine most people will say to use NVIDIA Shadowplay (if you have an NVIDIA card) or OBS...usually what I see get mentioned around here
Thanks, I'll take a look at OBS.

EDIT: using OBS and Shadowplay as keywords I searched and man are there a lot of these now. Shadowplay, Raptr, OBS, Dxtory, Fraps, Bandicam, Action, X-Split...

I think it's about time I start tackling some of the Artifex Mundi games in my library. Which one would be good to start with or is there a good order to play them in? I own most of them.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Artifex Mundi

I think I've only played through 3: Abyss, Time Mysteries 3 and Enginmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek. Abyss is basically just Bioshock. I think the Nightmares from the deep are highly thought of.

To be honest, they are all exactly the same, female main character goes somewhere spooky, spooky stuff happens, she solves it by finding the one useful object in piles of elaborately drawn useless ones and the game lasts at least an hour longer than it should.

My fav. HO game isn't from Artifex Mundi, it'sthe Sherlock Holmes one, Hound of the Baskervilles. It does take liberties with the original story though!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dr.Acula

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Runestone Keeper -- MB-4EABA9F815540832 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack -- MB-8EDAA4E9196C4832 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 4 entrants total.

t1474685633z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
People with lots of stuff for sale on the market might find this useful. One of those things that I can't for the life of me understand why Valve hasn't done yet.

derExperte

Watch Dogs 2 looks dull (again).

A mile wide and an inch deep springs to mind.

I got quite the opposite impressions from GB's QL, more goofy and colorful than 1 which I really liked but lacked personality.

I think it's about time I start tackling some of the Artifex Mundi games in my library. Which one would be good to start with or is there a good order to play them in? I own most of them.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Artifex Mundi

Grim Legends 1 is excellent.

Pakkidis

They are all quite good. I've played through most of them. Good games to pass the time without too much stress.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
the music is absolutely fantastic too

Gonna post this again, yes Virginia has absolutely amazing music. Had to do a quick game recording rip of two of my favorite songs in the game that were easier to capture (though the second song might actually more be several songs, but oh well).

Virginia OST - Roadhouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMDUwMB6Oa4
Virginia OST - Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJtntrUmUU

(happy with all the Virginia love on this page.)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I could walk for a little while and end up in Virginia, but, it's getting really tough to not hit the buy button and pay a visit to Weird Virginia instead.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Virginia is basically a 2-3 hour long cutscene where you have control of your character, but no real agency (though there are a few optional and actually tricky puzzles to do in the achievements that involve you sort of reading the achievement descriptions and trying to figure them out, many span over multiple chapters even). There is no choices, the story is linear, and you in the end have to do what the game wants you to do to progress. While it's narrative-based, the game doesn't have a line of dialogue in it, the characters don't even make any sounds at all. No grunts or breathing sounds either.

So why is it being so well received? Simple, it is an engaging experience that makes use of what only very few film directors figured out, let along game developers. The game manages to be touching, emotional, and have deeper characters than most games without a single spoken word, the music is phenomenal (performed by an orchestra), but with fantastic direction for a game as the music sort of moves and changes with your own actions, it does it so well the transitions feel natural and always fit what's going on, even if you take your time to get to the next point and continually lead well into each other and add so much to each scene. And the scenes themselves are engaging, I won't spoil it, but the game has some fantastic art direction, and builds up a multi-layered mystery with great environmental and detail story-telling full of repeating imagery, breath-taking scenes, and pulls from surrealist works of the likes of David Lynch not for mood, but the idea of deeper meanings and various connections you can make as you play of how everything connects and comes together.

It won't strike with everyone, but those who find the appeal of the game of the game may find themselves engrossed in it, and it definitely sticks with you past the ending. Also been reading a lot of people who finished and immediately went back to play through it again, it is a game with a lot to appreciate on a second playthrough, and is interesting to talk about theories, thoughts, and observations with others.

I think I've only played through 3: Abyss, Time Mysteries 3 and Enginmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek. Abyss is basically just Bioshock. I think the Nightmares from the deep are highly thought of.

To be honest, they are all exactly the same, female main character goes somewhere spooky, spooky stuff happens, she solves it by finding the one useful object in piles of elaborately drawn useless ones and the game lasts at least an hour longer than it should.

My fav. HO game isn't from Artifex Mundi, it'sthe Sherlock Holmes one, Hound of the Baskervilles. It does take liberties with the original story though!

Ooo, I didn't know that Sherlock Holmes games was a hidden object game. Will definitely try it out. I should check out the other Sherlock games too since point-and-clicks are right up my alley.

Grim Legends 1 is excellent.

Looks like a nice start. The third game is in tier 3 of that HB, hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom