• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat that Humble Bundle tells you now which games you already own:

Glqag0H.png

Shameful reminder that my Greasemonkey extension does that too when participating in ModBot raffles ^^:

banner.png

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

Monooboe

Am I missing something, but wasn't it possible to add to your humble bundle purchase that you already made? I put 1 dollar on the jumbo7 bundle but want to add now to get over BTA.

EDIT: Oh wow, I am blind haha, it says right there in big letters how to increase.XD

Nillansan

So I was wondering, how is the X1 controller support on PC now? My old 360 is worn down and in need of replacement.

It's awesome on Windows 7 at least, I read that people are experiencing problems on Windows 10 (that applies to the Xbox One Wireless Dongle as well).

mp1990

Banned
Hyper Light Drifter's sale coincides with a new update that delivers 60 FPS, a boss rush mode, and new achievements. Pretty cool.

Back at release, I remember the most prominent issue of the reviewers with the game was the 30fps and little reaction time the game gave you caused by that, so those are some very welcome news.

Comment on the issue, to me, consoles that interest men will typically have experiences not found on PC. The good and bad side to both MS and Sony aping the same style of gaming is, I particularly have no desire to play the majority of their titles. Last of Us is a replaceable experience, same with God of War since many genres now encompass those ideas

The one thing Nintendo always had going for it to me is, there is very little like a Nintendo title. The closest I've felt to Mario Kart has been Rocket League and Blur. There are no 3D platforms with the sort of polish that went into Galaxy. The Metroid Prime series, Smash, etc. These are all very unique experiences or at least the sort of polish and detail that goes into the title makes it a hard experience to replace.

So when I see the next new hotness on Xbone or PS4. They typically leave a sort of bland taste in my mouth. They come out, look good, but typically the mechanics are underdeveloped and not worth the cost of admission.

It's why, depending on what the NX is, it could be a great solution to Nintendo's and the Japanese industry's problems.

I've been trying to convey that for months now, but never managed to put into words, so thank you lol. Most of the few worthwhile PS4 exclusives feel replaceable, I can't think of a single one that is unique enough that warrants buying a console only for them. Nintendo, as many problems as they may have, still manages to bring those experiences more often than not, even when they're not in their prime, so I still feel inclined to support their hardware (that said, I wish I was more optimistic towards the NX).

On a completely unrelated note: what's taking Capcom so long to release the original Ace Attorney trilogy on Steam, I need a valid reason to replay the games ><

Oh shit. Tales of Symphonia got a small update:
Hello Tales of Symphonia fans! A new update is live and features a handful of key fixes. Please see the full list below and thank you again for your support of Tales of Symphonia!

- Increased resolution options up to 4K
- MSAA support
- Improved character and object outlines
- Frame rate smoothing
- Post sharpening and gamma improvements
- Improved mipmap implementation

Cheers,
-Bandai Namco Community Team"

Valve has apparently removed the store page button from games' community hub pages. I still don't understand why they removed the option to go to a game's store page when you right click its grid in your library.

Clustertruck is pretty good, but it also makes me clench up my entire body when I try to make a jump. It's ridiculous. I'd probably get better results if I could relax more. And sadly nobody on my friends-list plays it yet, so I can only compare with the global (outrageous) scores.

derExperte

All those updates upping resolutions and framerates laughing in the face of every 'shut up and be happy with what you got' luddite. Nice.

Yeah, I'm W10 and was wondering what its current state is. Maybe I'll just use my DS 4.

One of the last big updates fixed pretty much all issues the X1 pad had under W10. Except maybe Telltale games, they always had their own issues.

Parsnip

So I was wondering, how is the X1 controller support on PC now? My old 360 is worn down and in need of replacement.
On Win10 with AU and latest cumulative updates, it's good. It was really spotty with most Unity engine games for over a year, but they finally fixed that shit.

I don't know how the drivers are on Win7 and 8 though.

Well aren't you slow today :p

Better late than never.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

This has reignited the NX exclusivity rumour. I still consider it to be highly improbable as Bayonetta 2 received a lukewarm reception at best and the original was (and is) ostensibly more popular than BG&E, plus Nintendo isn't a charity, however this time around I think some are missing the obvious: if Nintendo were funding BG&E2, then Ancel thanking Ubisoft would be strange. Confirming Nintendo's involvement ahead of time would be a grave error, of course, but if the NX exclusivity rumour were on point, then it'd make far more sense to simply not mention Ubi at all as it's not the one "making this possible".

Erekiddo

So, I had a beta copy of Earthlock: Festival of Magic and it seemingly auto updated itself to the full version this morning.

I received an e-mail today that my Kickstarter key was ready. When I try to redeem, it says I already own the game.

Did.. I inadvertently end up with an extra key?

So, I had a beta copy of Earthlock: Festival of Magic and it seemingly auto updated itself to the full version this morning.

I received an e-mail today that my Kickstarter key was ready. When I try to redeem, it says I already own the game.

Did.. I inadvertently end up with an extra key?
No shit : If you’ve eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth

derExperte

Settle down, junior.

I was going to gift the key via raffle, but didn't want the my beta copy expiring/revoked, or whatnot.

Is it a different key than that for the beta? You could ask them what's going on. Or wait a week to be sure.

It's generally very good on Win10 these, with only the occasional indie title (I believe using a certain Unity engine) that can't handle the "two inputs per analog trigger" thing which make them totally unusable in those games. Some developers patch in a fix very fast, others (i'm looking at you, Blacksea Oddysey) don't care and haven't bothered.

But with that said, I think that's been.. 2? 3? of my games so far. 99% of them work fine.

Every Unity game should work now if your W10 is up to date.

It's generally very good on Win10 these, with only the occasional indie title (I believe using a certain Unity engine) that can't handle the "two inputs per analog trigger" thing which make them totally unusable in those games. Some developers patch in a fix very fast, others (i'm looking at you, Blacksea Oddysey) don't care and haven't bothered.

But with that said, I think that's been.. 2? 3? of my games so far. 99% of them work fine.

Also, after a 45 gig download and a 7 gig day 1 patch, Forza Horizon 3 better justify itself pretty damned fast (albeit I loved 1 and 2). Thank goodness my provider doesn't have hard caps yet.

Parsnip

This has reignited the NX exclusivity rumour. I still consider it to be highly improbable as Bayonetta 2 received a lukewarm reception and the original was ostensibly more popular than BG&E, plus Nintendo isn't a charity, however this time around I think people are missing the obvious: if Nintendo were funding BG&E2, it wouldn't make much sense for Ancel to be thanking Ubisoft. Confirming Nintendo's involvement ahead of time would be a grave error, of course, but if the NX exclusivity rumour were on point, then it'd make more sense to simply not mention Ubi at all as it's not the one "making this possible".

The rumor never seemed likely to me, today's Ubisoft just doesn't seem like a company that would be big on exclusive games.

Unless NX experience is something entirely different and difficult to replicate on other systems. And considering Zelda is coming to WiiU and NX, it seems unlikely that NX is something extremely different.

Plus I don't want to buy a new system. :p

Chili con carne!

ArjanN

This has reignited the NX exclusivity rumour. I still consider it to be highly improbable as Bayonetta 2 received a lukewarm reception at best and the original was (and is) ostensibly more popular than BG&E, plus Nintendo isn't a charity, however this time around I think some are missing the obvious: if Nintendo were funding BG&E2, then Ancel thanking Ubisoft would be strange. Confirming Nintendo's involvement ahead of time would be a grave error, of course, but if the NX exclusivity rumour were on point, then it'd make far more sense to simply not mention Ubi at all as it's not the one "making this possible".

Honestly that NX rumor always just seemed like wishful thinking from Nintendo fans.

Knurek

Also, after a 45 gig download and a 7 gig day 1 patch, Forza Horizon 3 better justify itself pretty damned fast (albeit I loved 1 and 2). Thank goodness my provider doesn't have hard caps yet.

You forgot about the 50 GB of temporary files on your boot (ie SSD) drive that you can't delete.

Grief.exe

Wbacon only has two games showing on his profile, which generally means he is playing a hidden game.

More ports confirmed. It could also be something the company is actively working on that has already been announced RE2, RE7, etc

l3udsG1.png

Wbacon only has two games showing on his profile, which generally means he is playing a hidden game.

More ports confirmed. It could also be something the company is actively working on that has already been announced RE2, RE7, etc

l3udsG1.png

Okami port confirmed
:"(

Actually, he seems to have a shiton of games. 535.

Currently enjoying...
Steam: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Dead Rising, and probably few unannounced games
:")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom