• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

LOL Galgun is a 40 dollar game (and probably higher on console)? I'd have expected like 20 dollars at most. That fanbase getting fleeced.

Anime tax brah.

This is the price of freedom. If anyone tries that in real life, they go to jail.

dHkzu3v.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
King's Quest episode 4 is out

Gonna have to play chapter 3 and 4 now. Chapter two was pretty underwhelming especially after chapter 1 was so great. Also, they need to update their website it still says chapter 3 is "coming soon".

Phawx

Leak panned out. Clickteam Fusion bundle

Edit: Anyone know if the $15 tier is even worth it? I don't care about exporting to iOS.

Zeeman

Anyone have thoughts on the ABC Murders or Elegy for a Dead World? I'm intrigued by both.

Also, damn, I want the Yawhg, but $7 tier is too high.

Hmm, since ClickTeam 3 is coming out I was definitely expecting every module to be in this bundle. Certainly thought the Android one would be in at least, and was really hoping for the developer upgrade too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Road to Ballhalla -- MB-0D87A4B82CCF1CF6 - Taken by Saty. 12 entrants total.

t1475000835z1.png

Teppic

No developer version in Fusion bundle. Disappointing. The games with source code does look pretty bad. I just wanted a good platformer. Will get, but don't know what tier.

Nzyme32

If Yakuza really isn't coming, I guess that makes it the... Fourth game I want on PS4? Fifth if obvious port candidates like KoFXIV count?

I still don't know if I'm up for buying a console and paying for yearly online for a handful of games that still might stumble onto Steam late anyway (except Bloodborne and Persona 5).

The only PS4 games that I have any interest in:

Last Guardian
Bloodborne
Last of Us 2
God of War (although I'd need more info to be sure of that)
Yakuza (slight interest in the series but no idea if I want it or not)
Ni No Kuni (slight interest in the series but no idea if I want it or not)

The only Xbox games that I have any interest in:
... Halo Wars (maybe... it's a strategy game)

None of that is worth my money on either console and I'm sure I can either borrow a friends console for those or wait 10 years and find one on ebay if I really had to. But the constant issues of sub prices, no guaranteed perpetuity, small library, proprietary peripherals, poor online infrastructure and services, lack of customisability and upgradability, all rule them out

Nintendo on the other hand:

Zelda
Mario
Metroid
Fzero
Splatoon
Pikmin
DK
Smash
Mario Kart

Lots of series that I have loved for a long time - but super woeful implementations for digital purchasing / online, no guaranteed perpetuity, small library, proprietary peripherals, lack of competition and services, lack of customisability and upgradability, all rule it out again. Still not worth it. Again, easy to borrow or simply wait. Currently I have an LG disc drive that plays my old Gamecube and Wii games / allows me to rip them and use an Emulator rather than the machines that are now a dusty or broken mess

iiicon

That's an amazing update. The game actually felt incredibly smooth and response at 30 FPS, but this even better. Get it you guys, it is well worth the asking price.

I'd lost it in the shuffle of games back in the spring, but I think this is where I jump in. Good way to spend some time before the Sunless Sea DLC next month.

Wow! I did not expect this. I stopped playing the game pretty early because Dark Souls 3 came out and it fell into the endless pit of my backlog. Will definitely need to come back to it now.

Yup. I think this year more than any other has had a steady stream of interesting games nearly every week, so it's great when devs continue to support their games like this. Encourages people to catch up on what they missed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The only PS4 games that I have any interest in:

The only Xbox games that I have any interest in:

Nintendo on the other hand:

Comment on the issue, to me, consoles that interest men will typically have experiences not found on PC. The good and bad side to both MS and Sony aping the same style of gaming is, I particularly have no desire to play the majority of their titles. Last of Us is a replaceable experience, same with God of War since many genres now encompass those ideas

The one thing Nintendo always had going for it to me is, there is very little like a Nintendo title. The closest I've felt to Mario Kart has been Rocket League and Blur. There are no 3D platforms with the sort of polish that went into Galaxy. The Metroid Prime series, Smash, etc. These are all very unique experiences or at least the sort of polish and detail that goes into the title makes it a hard experience to replace.

So when I see the next new hotness on Xbone or PS4. They typically leave a sort of bland taste in my mouth. They come out, look good, but typically the mechanics are underdeveloped and not worth the cost of admission.

It's why, depending on what the NX is, it could be a great solution to Nintendo's and the Japanese industry's problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom