• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Ubisoft has announced games for the NX already

Ubisoft has no honor. Besides there may be an event type of thing happening. If Nintendo hosts an event to reveal the NX they might want to get some people on stage to announce support. It could be for some of these types of games like Yakuza. Others as well. They would want some surprises.

Grief.exe

Yeah, one day. Atlus PR guy is clear it won't be now when PS4 releases - which should be abundantly obvious anyway, but I do expect it eventually. I'd almost think it is more likely that a different Yakuza game would show up first rather than the prequel anyway.

The wording on some of these statements could lead to that possibility. Sony may have a 6 month exclusive window, or Sega wishes to start with Yakuza 1/2 release.

Sega's official PR release is essentially 'no current plans,' which we all know means nothing.

“All that is confirmed and all that players should expect is a PlayStation 4 release. There is no PC version in production.”

Nzyme32

The wording on some of these statements could lead to that possibility. Sony may have a 6 month exclusive window, or Sega wishes to start with Yakuza 1/2 release.

Sega's official PR release is essentially 'no current plans,' which we all know means nothing.

“All that is confirmed and all that players should expect is a PlayStation 4 release. There is no PC version in production.”

On the PS Blog, someone commented about getting an eventual PC version because of the box - in response Sega's John Hardin:

Hey. So, I know that box tag seems a bit ambiguous as to its meaning, but a PC version is not in the cards. The PS4 version is the only version that will exist in the west. (Other point: it was released on the PS3 in Japan, but the PS3 version will not release in the west.)

Tizoc

Going forward, now is the best time for Japanese devs to release their games on Steam, be it new or old classics.

One of the earliest games released on Steam from a JP dev is Last Remnant, the game's been on sale multiple times in the past-
http://steamspy.com/app/23310
Over 800K owners in 7 years' time

Now let's look at V. Chronicles
http://steamspy.com/app/294860
Over 800K owners in 2 years' time

So what's the cause of this? my theory is it is connected to 2 things
1- Gaming laptops and PCs have become more attractable to the average gamer. With MOBAs being quite popular for quite some time now, some people could have upgraded to better models as some traditional laptops may not run some MOBA games with respectable performance.

2- More open mindedness towards JP games. I've prob. misworded this but JP games have become more appealing nowadays which helped with their increased influx as of late.

We've seen Bamco releasing various of their titles on Steam as well, especially day and date as PS4, such as God Eater 2/God Eater Duology.

That's not even bringing up Capcom, Idea Factory and Ghostlight's efforts, and hell Cave, a dev whose Shoot'em-ups many thought would be stuck on the 360 and iOS only. DanganRonpa is on its way to doing pretty well on Steam too.

JP games on Steam are on the rise and now is the best time for ports of ps360 era and before to be available on the platform.

2017 is already rife with many good games releasing on all platforms and ports of JP and older games on Steam and consoles if possible, would be that special ingredient that makes that dish divine.

Tizoc

My mind is failing to comprehend this
Odds of getting 60 fps games on PS4 Pro

VC is also a good game while Last Remnant is not.

I really really should get to finishing Last Remnant already lol. I have it all set up and such I just need to finish playing it.
It is among my FIRST Steam purchases; I bought the PC DVD, redeemed the code on Steam and hadn't touched it in quite some time.
I do agree that the intro cutscene is bizarre: How in the blue hell do see a scarred woman on the battlefield and mistake her for your sister?
Japan pls.

COD: Infinite Warfare Trailers Story & Multiplayer
image_call_of_duty_infinite_warfare-33139-3583_0005.jpg
image_call_of_duty_infinite_warfare-33139-3583_0004.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
My mind is failing to comprehend this
Odds of getting 60 fps games on PS4 Pro

I really really should get to finishing Last Remnant already lol. I have it all set up and such I just need to finish playing it.
It is among my FIRST Steam purchases; I bought the PC DVD, redeemed the code on Steam and hadn't touched it in quite some time.
I do agree that the intro cutscene is bizarre: How in the blue hell do see a scarred woman on the battlefield and mistake her for your sister?
Japan pls.

Rush Sykes is the dumbest lead in a JRPG, which has quite a field of contenders. He does moronic shit throughout the story and it makes you question why anyone puts up with him.

Nzyme32

So, this got released today... aren't there better movies to release instead of this?

"This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Sudden realisation that the UK will forever be a shit-tier region for video content - and that the above content is the point of realisation

zXVcHnS.gif

Ozium

anyone hear anything about this game? looks interesting... have seen zero mentions of it in this thread or anywhere else

Tizoc

Yakuza 0 is a game about Grief.exe's struggle.
The struggle to be an Open minded optimistic PC Gamer in a world that chooses and stubbornly insists on its pre-designed guidlines and view points.
The game's combat is a realization of Grief.exe's suppressed views towards all those who make fun or downplay his pro-PC views and PC gaming in general.
Observe
xstkxtevuwpewiukgmba.gif

Grief.exe

So FH3 is really damn good. Like really damn good.

FH3?

The struggle to be an Open minded optimistic PC Gamer in a world that chooses and stubbornly insists on its pre-designed guidlines and view points.
The game's combat is a realization of Grief.exe's suppressed views towards all those who make fun or downplay his pro-PC views and PC gaming in general.
Observe
xstkxtevuwpewiukgmba.gif

It's funny BC I'm a huge console gamer, but I want to see games preserved for the future.

rtcn63

Observe
xstkxtevuwpewiukgmba.gif

You ever seen the Korean film series Attack the Gas Station

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's funny, before the speculation about the game being released on PC I intended to buy it on PS4. Now that there's a chance of it coming to PC, I won't make the same mistake I did with Dragon Quest Heroes. If it comes to PC, good, I'll get it as soon as it's up for preorder. If it doesn't, then I guess I won't play it.

After all the love showered upon Sega when they released Valkyria Chronicles on PC one would expect to see more commitment to the platform on their part.

Grief.exe

I'm not trying to convince anybody, just thought the post was relevant to the conversation.

Long time lurker of this thread, no console agenda here.

He's referring to the fact that PR has a spotty history at best at relating accurate information pertaining to ports. Console exclusive nomenclature has 100% historical precedent.

That's why it's difficult to take at face value.

Jawmuncher

Regardless if it ever does happen, it ain't happening day one so we might as well not worry about it.
Nier AUTOMATA seemed to be a special case.

Jameson

He's referring to the fact that PR has a spotty history at best at relating accurate information pertaining to ports. Console exclusive nomenclature has 100% historical precedent.

That's why it's difficult to take at face value.

It's still the same dude that commented on our thread here, and the same dude that said that without a doubt Persona 5 would be released in 2015.

In short, itsnothing.gif

Apologies I didn't realize how spotty the source was, Tizoc comment makes perfect sense to me now.

Ozium

It's 15 minutes away, judging from the pre-order discount expiry time.

yeah it wont be out for another 12 minutes, dev said it was delayed 30 minutes. yesterday he said the discount would expire "30 minutes after the game goes live"

Corpekata

Banned
LOL Galgun is a 40 dollar game (and probably higher on console)? I'd have expected like 20 dollars at most. That fanbase getting fleeced.

Eila

I'm level 3 and don't even have a button to get a key.

Same, the dream is dead. Maybe they fixed it? I couldn't access the website for like the past 15 minutes, until now.
It's just torture leveling up an alienware account. I'm sitting at level 4 myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom