• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

fDUbSIJl.png

Rocket League Rust Edition

So in the last Rust update they put in the system to sit in chairs (Exciting I know) but the reason that's cool is because it's a key component for down the road content of player vehicles!

The Devs made it so if you were an admin for your server you could spawn in a car that you could get into and drive around and players/groups on servers were having lots of fun with it.

One of the guys that does videos all the time for rust released a video today where they tried doing a bunch of things and they basically did like ghetto Rocket League in Rust and I thought it was pretty hilarious and wanted to share!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I assume the asset flip purge is the kind of purge that makes unactivated keys unusable?

That happens only when the removal is DMCA-related. Contrary to what seems to be a somewhat common belief, it's generally not copyright infringement to purchase an asset pack and use it in your own commercial product. For instance, here are the relevant Unity and Unreal Engine T&Cs:

Unity said:
Unreal Engine said:

Got hit in the feels real hard when playing Act 2 of Hidrocity Zone. 16 bit Sonic was such a huge part of my early teens. God bless the creators of Sonic Mania.

Then I got hit in the feels again when listening to different versions of Stein's Gate's main theme, I got so invested in the story and that melody is so amazing that it always gives me chills.
God bless videogames.

The Evil Within Nazis Ys not acceptable.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had some Bundle Star spares. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for jshackles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky -- MB-41BE83F5CB2C08AF - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 3 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-E8532F47BB3D5B2D - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-5D758E95F5EE3216 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 1 entrants total.
Shoppe Keep -- MB-41871DC0A0465662 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
SpellForce 2 Anniversary Edition -- MB-9CD346F44163A791 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.

t1506384570z1.png

Lain

When I imagined Steam as having adult games... I was kind of thinking GOOD adult games =/

Just like you take the CoDs along with the DOOMs, you also take Sister Discipline Logs along with the Fashioning Little Miss Lonesomes.

Well, if SakuraGames was competent, I'd add the Oneone1 games to the list (they're nukige but they're fun, what with the whole you can go through them without having to get dirty, at least for Dark Elf) but alas.

Is it weird that I think the Fortnite BR mode looks better than PUBG?

You mean graphically or just overall? Graphically I agree, Fortnites has been in development for a 100 years and a lot of that time has went to making some really nice looking art, game play wise I don't agree, it's still Fortnite at it's core which I didn't really care for.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whoever made that other giveaway should probably go back and read Modbot's instructions which are linked in this thread's OP.

You should probably also know that those keys were probably already got by bots, sorry.

Lain

I'll never understand how this art is so bad when Analogue: A Hate Story and Hate Plus looked so good.

I never got the art is bad complaint for Ladykiller. I can recognize that the style seems to follow a kind of... butch? look but I always thought it looked fine.

MUnited83

For you.
That happens only when the removal is DMCA-related. Contrary to what seems to be a somewhat common belief, it's generally not copyright infringement to purchase an asset pack and use it in your own commercial product. For instance, here are the relevant Unity and Unreal Engine T&Cs:

I could swear there was a couple of games that got the same treatment that weren't DMCA-related but im not 100% sure.

Rizzi

You mean graphically or just overall? Graphically I agree, Fortnites has been in development for a 100 years and a lot of that time has went to making some really nice looking art, game play wise I don't agree, it's still Fortnite at it's core which I didn't really care for.

Both. Also it probably doesn't run like complete garbage which is pretty appealing.

Just played through Momodora. Nice pixel graphics and music. Controls were top notch too. Took 5 hours to 100% the map and get the true ending. A lot shorter than I thought it would be. I still think Guacamelee is still the best metroid vania I've played so far. Hollow Knight and Ori are waiting to be played though.

Also 100% on Isotiles and it only took 1 hour. Feels good to knock out some heavily backlogged games, that's for sure!

I think I'm gonna tackle Elliot Quest next!

Nabs

I hope you're ready for a game that doesn't give you any hints at all. If you are, you're in for a treat. If not, you still have plenty of great games on your plate.

Hollow Knight has to be Steam GOTY....

this shit is so fucking good man.

Hollow Knight is a special game. It has my vote.

Nabs

Oh nononononono
That sounds like the anti-game for me

lol. Don't worry, I would never recommend EQ to you. It's one of the best Metroid-ish games I've played, with some of my favorite in world puzzles. It's for those who enjoy plenty of exploration.

I'd guess PUBG or DOS2.

Unexplored is still my top pick, but I can see DOS2 giving it a run for the money.

Not expecting PUBG. I don't really see a lot of chatter about it in here tbh. The sales of the game are more interesting than the game it seems.

Divinity would be the only game I could see taking it away from HK. Don't think I've read one post say anything bad about it really.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KBN86-K5FH2-0MKJL -- MB-02BBCB373ACEB412
KZ35T-QW7AD-5YBZR -- MB-5D5DDA1B9874402F

t1506394239z1.png

Just played through Momodora. Nice pixel graphics and music. Controls were top notch too. Took 5 hours to 100% the map and get the true ending. A lot shorter than I thought it would be. I still think Guacamelee is still the best metroid vania I've played so far. Hollow Knight and Ori are waiting to be played though.

Also 100% on Isotiles and it only took 1 hour. Feels good to knock out some heavily backlogged games, that's for sure!

I think I'm gonna tackle Elliot Quest next!
Let us know how Elliot Quest goes. I've heard good things, but the art isn't that impressive.

Coldsun

Banned
Sigh, I think PUBG is going to consume the large majority of my time in this upcoming month as well. Shame because October has so many great releases.

So MvC may have bombed. Who could have seen that coming.

I was on amazon I think friday last week looking up some collegebooks and graphing calculators, and part of me wondered how MVC was doing so I went to the top 100 best sellers, didn't see the game anywhere. I thought the chart was broken so I just went to the game page itself, the PS4 version was 112th best selling game and the XB1 version was like 165 or something close to that. The thing is I remembered the PS4 version at least being in the top 50 the day it came out. I didn't expect it to drop that fast. XB1 is now at #398 and the PS4 version is at #161. I do wonder if the game will have good legs or not.

PaulSane

Man, those Blue Reflection news are really sad, i was actually looking forward to playing this game today. I guess it's now in the "try and refund if necessary" territory :\

Nabs

I can't believe Team17 was telling the truth about the rope in WMD. There are probably improvements that could be made, but it's finally not dumbed down for controllers. Good stuff.

qPSv9iT.gif

And thank goodness for Workshop level sharing.

Battlechili

Banned
I never got the art is bad complaint for Ladykiller. I can recognize that the style seems to follow a kind of... butch? look but I always thought it looked fine.
The faces are too large and/or the eyes/mouths are too small in relation to each other.

Anteater

i just hope wbacon give us a heads up if they remove the mvc games on steam

also where's wbacon :(

i need to ask him some questions he's probably afraid to answer

like is okami on steam 60fps? :(? is there at least an ini to unlock it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
errr I've never seen this kind of email before

HSyIp4A.png

Should I be concerned? I didn't click on any links.

When you attempt to activate a duplicate key, you can query the account it's tied to, presumably so you can rule out having activated it on an alternate account. The e-mail isn't related to account security in any way.

Knurek

lol. Don't worry, I would never recommend EQ to you. It's one of the best Metroid-ish games I've played, with some of my favorite in world puzzles. It's for those who enjoy plenty of exploration.

Such a pity that even the new port is crap.
(Especially if you have a high refresh rate monitor)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i literally don't even know how it's possible to mess up modbot like that, that's very interesting to me

Edit: Oh, boring. The user just put the keys where the game names were supposed to be and the game names where the keys were supposed to be. PEBKAC, read the tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom