• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Life is Strange: Before the Storm had amazing launch. 16K concurrent users and already at 80+K sold copies. Also 92% positive reviews on Steam.

Ullus

Could one of you try and download Left 4 Dead 2?
Been trying to download it for an hour now but it keeps stopping. Other games works just fine.

Edit: Also got a Dawn of War III code if anyone wants it.

NeoRaider

I finished Hellblade today and i also watched that 25 min. documentary.
Overall i think that it was an amazing experience. Few parts of the game were... too much for me, i literally had to pause the game. But it's still one of the best games i ever played.

Good monthly but I think I need to stop buying games outside of Humble Bundles. Had Banner Saga 2 and Momodora sitting unplayed forever and now they pop up. Tomb Raider is a hot game I am definitely interested in.

So apparently Bloodgate (http://store.steampowered.com/app/464470) a match-3 puzzle game (not even bad imho), tagged as early access, has closed its servers yesterday.
It's a single player game with a multiplayer aspect, but the devs decided for a "online only" design.
So basically now nobody can play the game anymore and steam of course will not refund

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Somehow I already got Etherium :/

make sure you actually do own it, Humble says I do, but I actually dont, just checked steam.

edit: wait wtf, when I redeem it it says I DO own it, but the store page has no play button and its not on my games list... whut :eek:

edit: humble monthly game is actually called Eterium lol

dot

Are there any games on Steam like Everybody's Golf or even a good mini-golf game like the old Zany Golf?

Winning Putt
Golf With Your Friends
Golf It!
Infinite Mini Golf

Whoa, this looks cool!

1. It's still in EA, which has me wary, but the price is good. Fire Pro Wrestling is still EA too and that's great, so maybe I should be less picky?

2. How is the single-player on it? I don't really care about multiplayer.

but multiplayer is the best part...

Mivey

What the hell is this? ^_^
I always sort my cats using merge sort, personally. Sure, cat sorting using quick sort does give better results for a lot of cases, but I find it easier to implement and usually it's less stressful for the animals involved.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eterium -- MB-363D0EE87E268B3D - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.
Stories Untold -- MB-1866EDB0B23BF4C7 - Taken by Vuze. 16 entrants total.

t1504295556z1.png

Wok

So now that monthly has come and gone, what else interesting is there around the corner to look forward to?

It is hard to say, because a lot of the games which I am looking forward to have been radio silent regarding their release date. Miegakure, The Iconoclasts, Gorogoa, No Truce with the Furies, Into the Breach, The Council of Crows, etc.

However, there are still a few which look good and have a release date:
  • Cook Serve Delicious 2
  • Cuphead
  • a discount for Songbringer
  • that Dota 2 patch with 2 new heroes, one of whom is a French mousquetaire,
  • and a lot of other games, I'm sure.

gabbo

JawMuncher alert

Here is a Kickstarter for a creationist-looking game, in which the player crafts fossils of dinosaurs.

How long till we get stuff like this on Steam ?
What makes it look creationist? On mobile cant view videos right now if its a trailer thing

Monooboe

a discount for Songbringer

Ah yes that I really want! Seems quite good but hard to buy anything at full price nowadays.

When new client comes fun part will be reading reactions to it XD

Haha yeah, but I do hope it turns out good that no one really has anything too bad to say about it.:D

Your Steam Controller arriving

Of course.:D I've already lined up some games I'm going to start with the moment it arrives.

More PUBG.

I admit, PUBG is one the games I want to try the most, if it had a Mac port I would buy it asap.

Wok

What makes it look creationist? On mobile cant view videos right now if its a trailer thing

I was mostly joking around.

It is just the fact that the game revolves around crafting dinosaur fossils. It is akin to these stupid conspiracy theories which state that dinosaur bones have been created and buried under ground by modern human beings.

Nabs

Thanks Nabs. I'll have a filthy uPlay key for the thread in a bit.

I'm glad some of you were able to jump on this before things started to sell out. My Song of the Deep just shipped. My BF/DA/WD pack hasn't yet, but I'm not too worried about it.

Wok

People were craving for a Humble Software Bundle. Look at the BTA.

It used to be:

It is now:

This is the first time I see such a thing. The BTA overtook the second tier.

MUnited83

For you.
People were craving for a Humble Software Bundle. Look at the BTA.

It used to be:

It is now:

This is the first time I see such a thing. The BTA overtook the second tier.

Fairly sure a couple of game bundles and comic bundles have done the same before.
That said, the 30$ tier is a ridiculous good deal if you're the kind of person that needs or wants to use the software, so it's not surprising.

bbd23

huh that doesnt look like a terrible monthly!

and tomb raider early unlock seems really sweet...too bad I already own it

gabbo

I was mostly joking around.

It is just the fact that the game revolves around crafting dinosaur fossils. It is akin to these stupid conspiracy theories which state that dinosaur bones have been created and buried under ground by modern human beings.

Given what you said, that's not a bad angle to take on it. Hopefully that faux christian review site will take that idea and run with it

Monooboe

Divinity: Original Sin 2 launching in less than two weeks!

Ah yeah! Though have to wait for a Mac port, while they haven't announced anything, they have hinted quite strongly that it was on it's way. I kickstarted it so it's little frustrating seeing it just sitting there in ones library.:D

Nzyme32

It is hard to say, because a lot of the games which I am looking forward to have been radio silent regarding their release date. Miegakure, The Iconoclasts, Gorogoa, No Truce with the Furies, Into the Breach, The Council of Crows, etc.

However, there are still a few which look good and have a release date:
  • Cook Serve Delicious 2
  • Cuphead
  • a discount for Songbringer
  • that Dota 2 patch with 2 new heroes, one of whom is a French mousquetaire,
  • and a lot of other games, I'm sure.

Hmm, keeping an eye on this list. My list of stuff to look forward too is similar

I don't even bother thinking about what's coming, out of the 20+ games released this year that I really want to play I've only played 4 and finished 1.
It'll take me the rest of my life just to catch up with this year's releases

I don't even bother thinking about what's coming, out of the 20+ games released this year that I really want to play I've only played 4 and finished 1.
It'll take me the rest of my life just to catch up with this year's releases

Ye, I've finished about 10 games to come out this year and still feel like I'm way behind.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

L.O.R.D

just finished NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Storm on steam

header.jpg

last gen,i bought the 360 first,i loved the naruto ubisoft games (rise of a ninja/broken bond) , they have tons of cool things but the graphics wasn't one of them.

they they the anime OST and follow the anime and you can visit places from the anime,it was really good game,the mini games was also fun.

when i watched the first trailer of Ultimate Ninja Storm for PS3, i envied the PS3 because it was exclusive,it looked so cool and the intimate attacks really something else,and the graphics looks very anime style (whatever it's called).

today, i looked to myself and laughed,because this game is not as cool as i heard about it.

the adventure mode is locked in the village and there is only two things you have to do,finish missions and collect stuff from the village after you complete a mission.

there is 3 type of missions
Tree Climbing as fast as possible
Tree hopping as fast as possible
fighting

and from time to time you have to complete side quest in order to get EXP mission in order to play the story missions.

my main problem with the game is the story mission,it missing some important stuff,like the first arc of the anime,WHO THEY DIDN'T INCLUDE ZABUZA'S ARC?

also,the mission start with text briefing,and suddenly you start the battle,what happened? how i reached here?
and what worse,when you complete the mission nothing happen,you just return to the village a naruto is happy and saying "I DID IT" even though many mission doesn't include him,like the battle between TEN TEN and Temari,after you beat Temari,naruto will say "I DID IT"

DIq0CFdXoAAPWCc.jpg

then you continue on the next mission like nothing happened,just a brief text saying TEN TEN lost the battle and now there is new battle etc...

so,if you don't care about the story,this is for you.

another thing i noticed in the steam version,it has 60 FPS option you can switch it n the config file, i highly advice to lock this game at 30FPS,why?

because i there is a problem in the game in 60FPS mode,many time you won't be able to perform the substitute jutsu, which is very important in this game,also i the battles many times the control won't react the way you want because of the same problem.

overall,the battle system is nice and some music is good like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCSaNgPHS

i really want ubisoft to remastered rise of a ninja and broken bond,even if it was exclusive to uplay with crazy hot new DRM,i may buy it if it was good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom