• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

AcgYY7R.gif

oh nice,this will make stealing codes from twitter and many site very easy.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
GODDAMN I just marathoned a bunch of videos for D:OS 2's updates that I hadn't seen and they all look amazing.

I am very excited to try Undead in this thing. It looks like it will make playing through the game completely different from how a living character would do it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Very nice. Does it work in Firefox or is it Chrome only?

Currently Chrome only but I'll look into porting as long as Firefox supports Chrome's ContextMenu APIs which I believe it does.

I'm tempted by that Humble Monthly but I only put 5hrs into the 2013 Tomb Raider and I assume the 2nd one is more of the same. Not bad but not really remarkable either.

Eila

Damn, I've been wanting that Momodora game. Hope it eventually gets on a normal Humble Indie Bundle.
Big thanks to the kind member who got me a key.

Aaron D.

I'm tempted by that Humble Monthly but I only put 5hrs into the 2013 Tomb Raider and I assume the 2nd one is more of the same. Not bad but not really remarkable either.

I've heard the opposite, actual.

That RotTR is significantly better than TR. Like a major step up.

Jawmuncher

I'm tempted to only because if it's like when xcom was the game of the month. It might end up being a really good bundle overall.

Really!? MIght be worth a punt then.

I'm tempted to only because if it's like when xcom was the game of the month. It might end up being a really good bundle overall.

That was actually a good bundle, I didn't get it though since I already had Xcom 2.

I didn't really consider the rest bundle. They're usually really hit or miss for me though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

well if you dont I can always hook you up with Rise

I just recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on my PS4 Pro, it's a pretty incredible game, probably one of the best looking games still. It's all around a improvement on Tomb Raider in just about every single way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

Installed and it looks to be working perfectly - thanks again.

Excellent, let me know if you run into any issues (although it's a really basic app and not nearly as complicated as Enhanced Steam). Also, positive reviews on the Chrome Web Store are appreciated as always.

MUnited83

For you.
New extension "ActivateOnSteam" can be found here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/activate-on-steam/pofgpbehpaaadihajegaefaggfenhmpc

The source code is available here if you would prefer side-loading:
https://github.com/jshackles/ActivateOnSteam

Firefox / Edge versions are in the works but might be a few days

Whenever enhanced steam gets the functionality of multiple keys, would it be possible to add a sort of copy-paste queue? Like if i'm going through a bundle, click on a button saying "add to activation queue" and at the end it will direct me to the redeem page with all the keys ready to go?

illusionary

Excellent, let me know if you run into any issues (although it's a really basic app and not nearly as complicated as Enhanced Steam). Also, positive reviews on the Chrome Web Store are appreciated as always.

Thanks for the reminder re reviews - 5 stars duly awarded.

jshackles

Whenever enhanced steam gets the functionality of multiple keys, would it be possible to add a sort of copy-paste queue? Like if i'm going through a bundle, click on a button saying "add to activation queue" and at the end it will direct me to the redeem page with all the keys ready to go?

I'm planning on adding a new url parameter to Enhanced Steam's multi-key entry, although this would be limited to about 50 or so keys being redeemed at once. Which should be fine since I believe Steam's key activation limit is 40 per hour anyway (or 10 bad ones before you get a cooldown).

So yeah I think this sort of thing is possible, and when it is I could extend ActivateOnSteam to support that functionality as well.

I enjoyed both games but I wouldn't say Rise was a major step up. They're both fun games. I'd probably put TR2013 on top, if I really thought about it.

They both have dumb stories but the action is fun and Rise is utterly gorgeous. My jaw was dropped the entire time, especially at 60fps. Worth it for the PC eye candy especially.

If someone did not like TR 2013, I would not recommend Rise. Though TR 3013 had a meh opening few hours so keep that in mind too. I bounced off of it a few times before getting about a third of the way through, liking it far more, and actually beating it.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I just recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on my PS4 Pro, it's a pretty incredible game, probably one of the best looking games still. It's all around a improvement on Tomb Raider in just about every single way.

Is it shorter?

L.O.R.D

dam it, i just noticed my very long talk about naruto storm 1 was almost in the last post of the previous page,oh well
if you want to play naruto storm games,just lock it at 30FPS.

monthly stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-6533210D8462E5D2 - Taken by sadblob. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Worms W.M.D -- MB-EAEDC1377F6D642F - Taken by Boss Doggie. 8 entrants total.
Eterium -- MB-958C801207DFAFE7 - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.
HackyZack -- MB-28D09E23FC72850C - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
Stories Untold -- MB-CD92AAE80EC14661 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 9 entrants total.

t1504323227z1.png

Teggy

16 months off Humble Monthly, I guess I will jump back on for one month at least - I've been wanting to double dip on ROTTR for a while.

Well, I guess that's nice that Life is Strange is getting good reviews. I'm still a bit turned off by scab Chloe and no time puzzles, but I guess I'll pick it up somewhere down the line.

Parsnip

I think I liked TR2013 more than RotTR.
Something about the way they designed the combat encounters in Rise just didn't gel with me at all. Reboot felt like it allowed me to play more freely with the bow, be more sneaky I guess, whereas Rise felt like it forced me into open combat more often.

Maybe Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be more for me, you could assume from the name that it might be more stealthy game.

I also think they are both worse than Legend-Anniversary-Underworld trilogy, but that's neither here or there.

MRORANGE

I think I liked TR2013 more than RotTR.
Something about the way they designed the combat encounters in Rise just didn't gel with me at all. Reboot felt like it allowed me to play more freely with the bow, be more sneaky I guess, whereas Rise felt like it forced me into open combat more often.

Maybe Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be more for me, you could assume from the name that it might be more stealthy game.

I also think they are both worse than Legend-Anniversary-Underworld trilogy, but that's neither here or there.

agree, I fountd it nearly impossible to do stealth bow missions especially at the end section when you're just running and gunning to checkpoints.

Jawmuncher

If we're talking modern Tomb Raider games (Modern just meaning 360 release and up) i'd probably rank

Rise of the Tomb Raider > Tomb Raider Legend > Underworld = Anniversary > Tomb Raider 2013

After Tomb Raider Legend (despite it being the first of these games). The rest just kinda came and went until TR 2013. Anniversary was a nice nod and I liked seeing the dinosaurs. But as far as remakes go it could've been better. The whole Jacqueline Natla was pretty odd as was a lot of the super natural stuff during that period. I just give legends a pass since it's so fun.

TR 2013 I was not a fan of at all and I was glad that RoTR fixed basically all my qualms with I had. The story got better (Not by much but it was still more serviceable than 2013's. Plus we didn't have to deal with the whole origin aspect and lara's shitty friends). The gameplay is the main thing i'm there for in the new TR and RotTR delivered in spades. I will say it might actually be in part to the lack of stealth being needing. The option was still there. But the game seemed tailored to a panther approach (Sneak to set things up then bust in and kill). Which is a lot of fun to me. Especially with the knife kills. The knife kills are so good in RoTTR.

LikelyDefensiveBillygoat.gif

I need more of this sort of thing. Being Female Rambo was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom