• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Also Tomb Raider: Dagger of Xian is great and absolutely gorgeous and Raid: WWII is bad and quite ugly.
Love to try it out, but getting a 403 error from the download link. Probably because the server is under too high a load, but that wouldn't directly lead to an access violation, so something weird must be going on there.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Every time I look at Tomb Raider reboot, I remember how I wish it didn't bother at all with human enemies and was just an open world open-ish island, exploring tombs and ship wreckage to to find materials to build camp and eventually a way to escape.

Megasoum

Banned
Is the Steam version of GTA5 still uses the Rockstar Social Club launcher crap? Similar to how Ubisoft games work for example.

Does Rise of Tomb Raider have good puzzles compared with TR2013? I was disappointed by the non-existence of puzzles in the 2013 reboot.

BasilZero

If you're in the US, Gamestop.com has Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, Song of the Deep and Watch Dogs for less than a dollar each. 2-day Shipping is free with the code FREESHIPPING

https://slickdeals.net/f/10521804-b...on-age-inquisition-for-pc-0-97-cents-gamestop

You know whats ironic, I cant even buy anything from Gamestop online, its like they dont want me to buy anything.

I can add a item and when I click on checkout to pay for the items, BAM.

Tried it on Firefox and Chrome on PC and tried it on my safari browser and chrome on my iPhone >_>.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-9F4C01860FB80050 - Taken by kevin1025. 2 entrants total.

t1504330153z1.png

Amzin

Does Rise of Tomb Raider have good puzzles compared with TR2013? I was disappointed by the non-existence of puzzles in the 2013 reboot.

Nooopeeee. They upgraded it from 20 second puzzles to 1 minute puzzles. They're still terrible.

To offer a second opinion, I actually quite liked the Tombs in Rise, although I would have appreciated more. They were still optional and varied quite a bit I thought, some were very short and some were more convoluted and took me some time. I don't think any of them took me less than a few (5-10?) minutes, if we're going to avoid hyperbole :p

Gonna try asking the Steam thread night crew instead:
So, admittedly something of a weird question to a PC crowd, but is there any way I can disable anti-aliasing on a game from a driver level? Quake Champions forces some anti-aliasing in its video settings regardless of quality, and so I'm looking to disable that through the Nvidia control panel or through Nvidia Profile Inspector, but either way it seems my options for forcing anti-aliasing requires some form of anti-aliasing, with no option to outright disable it. Anything I can do there?

NeoRaider

Great launch for Life is Strange: Before the Storm on Steam!
100k copies sold after 2 days and overwhelmingly positive (96%) reviews. Amazing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Great launch for Life is Strange: Before the Storm on Steam!
100k copies sold after 2 days and overwhelmingly positive (96%) reviews. Amazing.

I know some peeps that are frothing right now

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Father_Brain, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-ABF5E5A42D13A87F - Taken by fernandes. 34 entrants total.
Banner Saga 2 -- MB-5F4E9289115DB51D - Taken by Orgen. 53 entrants total.
Eterium -- MB-8D6C75F1C7FE5B9E - Taken by Eila. 10 entrants total.
HackyZack -- MB-C90149994E4717D1 - Taken by Madn. 11 entrants total.
Stories Untold -- MB-F8E5BDBF05D8A715 - Taken by someguyinahat. 41 entrants total.

t1504375858z1.png

Monooboe

Started playing Torment and wow at first it pretty hard to get into it, since it's so "magical" that I have no way to anchor to the world, feel completely lost, but I guess it what my character also feels so.

Also have to say, gaming on Mac is a lot better than I expected, small thing like "alt-tab;ing" is super smooth, a simple gesture on the trackpad I instantaneously switch between the game and the desktop.

Tizoc

Once both games hit 100K I'll make a thread about them.
I get the issues regarding Denuvo, and have seen posts of people having issues with it, so I would rather they weren't in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I get the issues regarding Denuvo, and have seen posts of people having issues with it, so I would rather they weren't in the game.

Make a thread to say...what?

dex3108

Well they are both at 97K ± 10K so you can say that they are already at 100K. :D

Monooboe

Ooooooh, it's "No Truce for the Furies" and not "Furries" haha, always thought you guys were talking about some anime game so never looked into, but it does look awesome haha.

Ooooooh, it's "No Truce for the Furies" and not "Furries" haha, always thought you guys were talking about some anime game so never looked into, but it does look awesome haha.

I can't stop reading it as Furries! The OT is very funny, but the game looks amazing.

dex3108

More interesting thing about sonic and LiS that i pointed out in thread i made on Gaming side is that LiS is nto getting negative reviews bombed at all because there wasn't any big news articles about Denuvo for it. People are not even noticing that it has Denuvo. But Sonic is getting tons of negative reviews because Denuvo was mentioned around big news articles.

NeoRaider

More interesting thing about sonic and LiS that i pointed out in thread i made on Gaming side is that LiS is nto getting negative reviews bombed at all because there wasn't any big news articles about Denuvo for it. People are not even noticing that it has Denuvo. But Sonic is getting tons of negative reviews because Denuvo was mentioned around big news articles.

Probably because Sonic was delayed so they can implement Denuvo and they never mentioned it before the release.

LiS developers were open about it and announced it on their site and Steam.

wazoo

Probably because Sonic was delayed so they can implement Denuvo and they never mentioned it before the release.

LiS developers were open about it and announced it on their site and Steam.

Or LIS and Sonic fans are different users with different reactivity and behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom