• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any word on what framerates are supported by the new Legend of Korra game? It's made by Platinum right? So it should at least be 60fps, I assume.

BruteUA

Issue resolved: Account was "deleted" by request--I believe it was actually that all the posts were hidden and the account was renamed.

... and apparently I was the one who processed the request, so goes to show how reliable my memory is.

Got to stop using your own product, man.

Can anyone link Modbot to a new thread?
How does it work with the nolurker rules and specifying the previous thread to check for 5 posts as well?

Grief.exe

Do we have any word on what framerates are supported by the new Legend of Korra game? It's made by Platinum right? So it should at least be 60fps, I assume.

First Platinum game to go above 60 FPS and 1080p?

Can anyone link Modbot to a new thread?
How does it work with the nolurker rules and specifying the previous thread to check for 5 posts as well?

If you are doing an individual post you can do that. Check the instructions.

Deitus

zkylon

zkylewd
It seems to be a known issue, yeah.

also it's time for another shameless announcement from chubigans really sorry y'all

3CdK5KQ.png

ok cy'all laters

ooo nice

i loved the chef battles in suikoden 2

hopefully it'll have similar vibes

derExperte

huh, weird thing to ask but did the user W!CKED get nuked or something? I can't see his posts anymore but I still see his posts being quoted, I don't think he's on my ignore list.

I had him on ignore and suddenly his name changed to user436554754 or something. Very weird, I guess he asked for complete deletion after ruining any chance ever being taken seriously again in that one thread.

edit: Didn't see Stump's explanation.

Miker

Were specular highlights ever added into RE4, or do I need to install some fix?

I can confirm they were in a beta patch, which I tried out myself, and I assume that patch got rolled out to the public. I actually haven't tried it in a while. So, yes? I think.

derExperte

A fresh DR3 update. http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/613937306589454361/

Change log
Fixed a problem which was causing the game to crash after booting for many NVidia Optimus players
Fixed an issue which was causing some NVidia Optimus systems to enumerate video devices incorrectly
Made a change which improves performance and stability for some users

The patch has been tested against the new GeForce 344.11 WHQL drivers. We recommended that you update to the latest driver as it contains fixes that address other stability issues.

Not much but improved performance is always good.

Were specular highlights ever added into RE4, or do I need to install some fix?

Yes, introduced with patch 1.06. Should be installed by default if you download the game.

Of course there sure as hell must be some specular highlights mods out there, if you're not happy with the ones Capcom did. There was a usermade mod that did it before the patch. But that thread got removed from the community hub.

DukeBobby

Started playing Valiant Hearts.

I've only been playing for 30 minutes, but I love it so far.

I'm going to be in tears by the end, aren't I?

Neverfade

Steam question: Everytime I fire up Steam it defaults to Family View. Is there a toggle somewhere where it won't do that shit? Entering my PIN everytime I want to go to the Store is a minor inconvenience I'd like to eliminate!

Flunkie

Banned
Just play NEO Scavenger instead!
i don't know anything about WL2 i just want more people to play neo scavenger please don't hate me

I just discovered the demo of this, and, Lordy, I wish I had bought the bundle that NEO Scavenger was in a long time ago. I looked, and I actually had - it's actually in Be Mine 5, but only the standalone and Desura versions. They never added a Steam version. So I need a Steam copy to play it, obviously. Gah, I want to buy it NOW!

Annubis

I just discovered the demo of this, and, Lordy, I wish I had bought the bundle that NEO Scavenger was in a long time ago. I looked, and I actually had - it's actually in Be Mine 5, but only the standalone and Desura versions. They never added a Steam version. So I need a Steam copy to play it, obviously. Gah, I want to buy it NOW!

I can guarantee it was in a bundle because I have it in Steam and I would have never bought it.

Ozium

I own NEO Scavenger but haven't played much beyond tinkering with it.. When I played it was pretty early on.. how much has it progressed/how close to full release?

Also hoping that the new CSD game features local and online multiplayer kitchen battles... would main salads

Started playing Valiant Hearts.

I've only been playing for 30 minutes, but I love it so far.

I'm going to be in tears by the end, aren't I?

Yes.

It's one of the best games I've played this year. I think that one of the most important things about the way it hits you is that it's set on the First World War, and we are more sensitized to that war than we are to the later global conflicts.

Kahoona

I can't believe Valve put out the music player this half baked. Even if it's in beta, I shouldn't have to download the game to get a soundtrack I purchase.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 6.7. This version was specifically designed to work with the new Steam storefront. It also adds several features which were previously only available in the Chrome version of the extension, such as the ability to disable highlighting and the ability to set up to nine countries for the regional price comparison feature.

The extension should update itself automatically as long as you have version 6.0 or higher already installed. If not, you can download it directly from http://firefox.enhancedsteam.com

As always, please let me know if you run into any issues!

Nzyme32

I can't believe Valve put out the music player this half baked. Even if it's in beta, I shouldn't have to download the game to get a soundtrack I purchase.

Yeah, really seems a bizarre state to release it in. It hasn't even received compatibility for other formats as was suggested a long time back. Even for Valve, this seems odd. Still, I use it all the time at the moment but there is plenty I'd like to see change and be added

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Going to post a link to the Battle Chef Brigade Kickstarter project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trinket/battle-chef-brigade

It needs more attention.

7bd49e208f170f201800643ed172d8c4_large.gif

Quick Kickstarter sanity check:
- The team seems appropriated sized and composed of people who are industry veterans who have shipped several games including Disney Guilty Party, which I've personally played and it was well put together (although all three seem more like junior roles than senior roles based on their resumés)
- The timeframe seems reasonable and it's unlikely the game would slip significantly from the time period they picked
- The game looks great and it seems like they have at least a vertical slice type level of progress so far -- they've self-funded for the last year.
- The amount they're asking for is clearly far below the actual budget. They compensate for this by disclosing that they have significant savings paying the bills + they have passive income from their previous iOS games coming in. I have minor concerns that if the game just barely made the target they might need additional funding later. More transparency in this would be good. None of the money asked for is going to internal salaries; it's all going to external contractors. On the other hand, none of their allocated budget mentions costs of fulfilling awards and their taxes amount seems low.
- They've got over 25% of their goal in the first day; I think it's likely they will make it, but not guaranteed nor would a major overfund be guaranteed.

But overall I would rate this low to medium risk for anyone considering pledging but not sure.

GaussTek

Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 6.7. This version was specifically designed to work with the new Steam storefront. It also adds several features which were previously only available in the Chrome version of the extension, such as the ability to disable highlighting and the ability to set up to nine countries for the regional price comparison feature.

The extension should update itself automatically as long as you have version 6.0 or higher already installed. If not, you can download it directly from http://firefox.enhancedsteam.com

Amazing, thanks a lot!

Annubis

I own NEO Scavenger but haven't played much beyond tinkering with it.. When I played it was pretty early on.. how much has it progressed/how close to full release?

EDIT: Actually, there's been some updates.

Still, I don't think the game got much better overall.

Thanks man, you're awesome!

Thanks for the update man :)

Has anyone found a good color for wishlist items in Enhanced Steam? The default blue color doesn't seem ideal anymore for obvious reasons :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom