• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gaf.
Well GAF, I finally did it. I've finally paid off my car. Pic is completely thread-relevant; it's my car.
Time to party! get back to work
Sweet stickers! What are good sites for nerd/game merchandise/toys like that?
---
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 6.7 which has been re-written to accommodate the new Steam store layout. With this update, a majority of the previous functionality Enhanced Steam users have come to know and love has been restored. Here is the official changelog:
  • Added: lots of stuff, basically it supports the new store
  • Updated: almost every existing function to account for the new store
  • Removed: A few things that are no longer required due to the new store
I've tried to bug-test this as thoroughly as time has allowed, but I thought it would be important to get this into people's hands as soon as possible. If you encounter a bug, please let me know.
Version 6.7 for Mozilla Firefox should be ready some time tomorrow unless any major bugs are encountered.
Thank you everyone for your patience!
You're doing real outstanding work mister. Keep going on!
---
Have you guys seen this game "Noct"? I've seen the devs pimp it out on imgur a few times now.
]http://i.imgur.com/Li1uAUw.gif
Looks pretty interesting (sorry zkylon)
b6x7fO5.gif

http://i.imgur.com/fs1imBF.gif
http://i.imgur.com/syd04Wz.gif
Here's the greenlight page for it:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298978414
The animations really make it shine. In that gif I got the impression at first that I am a drone/aerial strike team though. That would have been even better but it still looks sublime. Great find.
---
CastleMiner Z can look downright awesome.
Not a fully realized vision, though.
There are so many games on Steam being/looking like Minecraft that it's really hard to distinguish between each other and the good unique games from the blatant cash grabs.
---
OT:
I don't think I ever watched an anime where things went from "oh well this is pretty funny" to "WTF that escalated quickly!" until now.
Well, which are you talking about? >_>
---
Anyone need Receiver for free? Hit me here or PM.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Steam question: Everytime I fire up Steam it defaults to Family View. Is there a toggle somewhere where it won't do that shit? Entering my PIN everytime I want to go to the Store is a minor inconvenience I'd like to eliminate!

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5149-EOPC-9918
First, log into the account.
Select the Family View icon.
Enter your Family View PIN to exit Family View.
Open the Steam Settings menu.
Go to the "Family" tab on the left side of the window that opens.
Click “Family View” to start the Family View wizard again.
Step through the Family View options wizard to select new content and features for Family Mode. You’ll also be asked to select a PIN, which you’re welcome to change or leave the same.

Kagemusha

DROD: JOURNEY TO ROOTED HOLD is one sale away from unlocking on ShinyLOOT 7 on Groupees. DRM Free. 3 Drod games for $1 Not Steam redeemable but worth playing.

onionfrog

Finished Sonic CD for the first time tonight.
It was pretty fun, but I'm not really sure if I'd rank it higher than Sonic 2 or 3. The overall level design didn't seem quite as good as those two.
The music was really great though.

Gonna start Final Fantasy 7 next, which I've also never played.

legacyzero

Banned
There are so many games on Steam being/looking like Minecraft that it's really hard to distinguish between each other and the good unique games from the blatant cash grabs.

This one has a good foundation. But sadly, yeah, I'm thinking cash-grab. The Dev isn't even working with it anymore, it seems.

Axass

Giving something back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Axass, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-6244B742EF6C4358 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 3 entrants total.

t1411617289z1.png

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Anyone else getting a bunch of booster packs recently? I've got 2 in the last 24 hours after months of nothing. My profile level or whatever it's called is only 14.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So okay I've been busy...

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to 6.7.1. This update fixes a few issues that were discovered in yesterday's update. Here is the full changelog:

• Added WSGF 4k grading to applicable games
  • Added tooltips on review scores to subsequent results on continuous scrolling feature
  • Fixed a bug where homepage carousel items didn't load correctly before being cachced
  • Fixed a bug that caused search results not to display Early Access banners
  • Updated 3rd Party DRM warning to more closely resemble the original design
  • Fixed a bug that caused regional price comparisons on sub pages to be incorrectly positioned
  • Fixed a bug that caused some SteamDB links to point to incorrect URLs
  • Fixed a bug that caused bundle savings to be incorrectly calculated
  • Updated Indonesian currency formatting
The extension should update itself automatically within the next hour. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues!

I'm looking forward to eventually playing games again... ;)

Miguel81

Good thing that that Formula Fusion game was announced for PC(Steam??) as well as consoles. The Wipeout game on PS3 was/is insane, and I'll be looking forward to this.

Miguel81

Regional pricing for Japan goes like this "Not available in this region". Is this a common thing in Japan, as in not having access to a lot of Steam games.

Guys, is the PC version of Remember Me worth it? Think I might buy it from GMG since it's so cheap.

I should really finish some games first though.

Nabs

Frozen Synapse is so far down the top sellers list. I know it's sold a bunch already, but I wonder if the crappy Daily Deal placement has anything to do with it. I'd like if they replaced the two "Recommended for you" games with the two daily deals (48hrs/24hrs).

DukeBobby

Guys, is the PC version of Remember Me worth it? Think I might buy it from GMG since it's so cheap.

Yeah, it's worth it at that price. The visuals and soundtrack are fantastic.

Don't expect the gameplay to blow your mind, though.

jblank83

Frozen Synapse is so far down the top sellers list. I know it's sold a bunch already, but I wonder if the crappy Daily Deal placement has anything to do with it. I'd like if they replaced the two "Recommended for you" games with the two daily deals (48hrs/24hrs).

The new layout sucks.

Yep, for 6 dollars it's definitely worth it. No issues with the PC release (and the game is beautiful, so you better experience it on PC rather than console)

Regional pricing for Japan goes like this "Not available in this region". Is this a common thing in Japan, as in not having access to a lot of Steam games.
Probably for PC ports of Japanese published games. They're really anal about region locking for dumb reasons.

well now that my bro finally got his pc and I didn't have to work today I finally got a chance to play RE6. It was pretty lol worthy. Right from the get go you have like no control of the character. no matter direction what you press Leon just kept going forward. After the tutorial mission we decided to start Jake's story since we both vaguely remember people saying he was the worst so we thought we should get that one out the way asap. The guns are pretty useless, enemies just eat the shots. I prefer using the melee, it was more effective and it was hilarious watching Jake use wrestling moves on the monsters. Also at one point one of the monsters turned to a moth thing and we're both like WOAH WTF ITS A MOTH MONSTER NOW!! Ha, my first impressions of the game are pretty good. Those shadow textures are doodoo though. Also, I have no idea whats going on in the story.

PS. is there like a video on youtube that explains the depths of the combat system? I always hear people say it has a deep combat system but after my first 80 minutes I'm not seeing it.

Jawmuncher

well now that my bro finally got his pc and I didn't have to work today I finally got a chance to play RE6. It was pretty lol worthy. Right from the get go you have like no control of the character. no matter direction what you press Leon just kept going forward. After the tutorial mission we decided to start Jake's story since we both vaguely remember people saying he was the worst so we thought we should get that one out the way asap. The guns are pretty useless, enemies just eat the shots. I prefer using the melee, it was more effective and it was hilarious watching Jake use wrestling moves on the monsters. Also at one point one of the monsters turned to a moth thing and we're both like WOAH WTF ITS A MOTH MONSTER NOW!! Ha, my first impressions of the game are pretty good. Those shadow textures are doodoo though. Also, I have no idea whats going on in the story.

PS. is there like a video on youtube that explains the depths of the combat system? I always hear people say it has a deep combat system but after my first 80 minutes I'm not seeing it.

Everything you need
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

-------------

Devs who gave us soundtracks with no album art are the worst.
Capcom and 2K both have did it with RE6 and Civ

Coldsun

Banned
Since I've seen a few people post about if they should buy it or not, meh, here's a copy :D

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-847A9130E4B28733 - Taken by GaussTek. 51 entrants total.

t1411620289z1.png

Lomax

I'd imagine it's less the placement and more all the other information and sales people are being presented with right now. And quite frankly the game has been on sale a million times not to mention bundled a lot and I'm pretty amazed they still haven't lowered the base price by now. 80% off seems like a good discount, but $5 is still pretty pricey and at this point a second copy just isn't that much of a draw, I think they'd sell it a lot better now at $2.50 for just one copy if that option existed. Just seeing $5 on the main page may keep people from even looking and realizing it's the price for two copies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
i mean i guess its safe to say visually yea. but its the gameplay thats garbage, even on ps360 the game's setting is great(same cant' be said about character design tho)

I guess Sony dodged a bullet abandoning publishing it. It had a LA Noire type deal going on and they dropped it which caused Capcom to take it up and make it multi-plat.

Man did you guys missed it when Remember Me was like $2-4 like 2 weeks ago? Everyone should have gotten it.

I don't like wasting money on things I'm confident I'll never play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom