• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man did you guys missed it when Remember Me was like $2-4 like 2 weeks ago? Everyone should have gotten it.

I have an excuse. I wasn't really paying attention to PC games then. Now I see the prices and I'm like "I remember paying $60 for that before". Granted the games aren't "new" but still...my wallet weeps.

Khronico

Well, I managed to finish off Sniper Elite 3 today. Here's my poorly written review:

Having played all the games in the series, I'd have to say the ratings are as follows: 3>1>2.

1 was incredible for the time and a unique playing experience with many huge levels to experiment in. On the highest difficulties it was a demanding experience that rewarded patience, good planning, and accuracy.

2 was a step down from 1 in the level design department, having far too many close quarter battles in claustrophobic small levels. It's still a great 7/10 game, but it has issues.

3 is where they really hit the sweet spot, combining technical improvements over the last two games and fantastic level design. Although the amount of levels may seem sparse, each level is it's own massive sniper sandbox, allowing many numerous different approaches to each objective. The campaign took me 9 hours to beat on Sniper Elite difficulty and I only really did 50%ish of the secondary objectives, not to mention all the little collectibles scattered about each mission. In short, I highly recommend you check out Sniper Elite 3.

Awesome game, and in my current top 2 of games released this year (#1 being DS2).
I have only played 2 games this year that actually came out in 2014

Edit: Managing to pull of a headshot through the scope of another sniper was one of the most satisfying video game things I did this year

Parsnip

Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 6.7. This version was specifically designed to work with the new Steam storefront. It also adds several features which were previously only available in the Chrome version of the extension, such as the ability to disable highlighting and the ability to set up to nine countries for the regional price comparison feature.

The extension should update itself automatically as long as you have version 6.0 or higher already installed. If not, you can download it directly from http://firefox.enhancedsteam.com

As always, please let me know if you run into any issues!

Thanks!

BasilZero

I finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 2 days ago - ironically short compared to the previous game o_O. Still great though and enjoyed it.

I started on Toki Tori 2+....but its just not the same.......lol.

well now that my bro finally got his pc and I didn't have to work today I finally got a chance to play RE6. It was pretty lol worthy. Right from the get go you have like no control of the character. no matter direction what you press Leon just kept going forward. After the tutorial mission we decided to start Jake's story since we both vaguely remember people saying he was the worst so we thought we should get that one out the way asap. The guns are pretty useless, enemies just eat the shots. I prefer using the melee, it was more effective and it was hilarious watching Jake use wrestling moves on the monsters. Also at one point one of the monsters turned to a moth thing and we're both like WOAH WTF ITS A MOTH MONSTER NOW!! Ha, my first impressions of the game are pretty good. Those shadow textures are doodoo though. Also, I have no idea whats going on in the story.

PS. is there like a video on youtube that explains the depths of the combat system? I always hear people say it has a deep combat system but after my first 80 minutes I'm not seeing it.

Combat system has more depth than most TPS. It actually gives you options instead of sticking you behind a cover the whole time.

And guns are useful, not just for killing enemies but also for stunning them. If you played RE4 and 5 you already know what to do, and it will save you some ammo. Also, remember to use quickshots. They are very useful since they aim at the closest enemy and slightly stun him. They use the stamina bar though.

Grief.exe

Just got the Gigabyte 970 and I am very impressed with the fan noise.

I jacked up the fan speed to 90% and it is barely audible, completely negligible if I have headphones on!

The Asus and MSI versions are also perfectly viable, the EVGA has some issues.

Miguel81

I jacked up the fan speed to 90% and it is barely audible, completely negligible if I have headphones on!

That new card smell. Team Green has stepped up somethin' fierce.

legacyzero

Banned
People exaggerate,it's a fine game.

By video game standards? Or Final Fantasy standards?

The game is HORRIBLY linear. The characters are terrible. It takes a perfectly good plot, and wrecks it, using the awful characters and confusing crap. The battle system is terrible. There's no complexity in items, menus, customization, etc.

The ONLY two things it has going for it, are visuals and soundtrack. The rest is a stain on the franchise.

Well, the big one is that we really have no idea on the quality of the port. I suggest you wait until it actually releases, rather than gamble on the quality just to save $1.50.

This is also a good point.

I hope that Square remembers some of the recent games they've helped to put out with extensive PC options.

AsfaeksBR

What's the problem with the EVGA one?

iosefe

Wait for sales?

honestly, it's gonna get a decent ish discount. the other games hit what, 33% off? since it's it's first winter, i expect no more than 25%. if it gets more, i will personally livestream the first few hours and give commentary. or i'll just eat a crow

full disclosure,
i liked 13 for what it was, but i lost my way when it opened up as i took a break at chap 11. big mistake, couldn't properly get back into it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Axass, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Axass, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-6244B742EF6C4358 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 3 entrants total.

t1411617289z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Coldsun, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-847A9130E4B28733 - Taken by GaussTek. 51 entrants total.

t1411620289z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom