• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

Everytime someone tell me they have a story about an uncle. It's never a good thing.

I hear the game has a touching story. ;)

Seen people discussing Remember Me. I would recommend it. I really enjoyed it. Great style, graphics and atmosphere. Gameplay is not too great unfortunately. Cool game glad I checked it out.

Another good deal on GMG is Teleglitch for $3.24. Fun and challenging roguelike. Really dig the sound design and retro style graphics.

Yeah, really seems a bizarre state to release it in. It hasn't even received compatibility for other formats as was suggested a long time back. Even for Valve, this seems odd. Still, I use it all the time at the moment but there is plenty I'd like to see change and be added

I'm not even surprised anymore.

topyy

pets are fucking expensive

new computers are fucking expensive

im broke motherfuckers im broke!

pets?
xYCsolY.gif

My earlier complains about Steam Music were unfounded. The program works with my keyboard's music shortcuts... but only when Steam is selected. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Smile for the camera, shnookums.

Yes, just like that! Such a good girl.

have you ever heard of bookmarks
This is my browsing habit.
  • open browser
  • see dozens of tabs I still have to read
  • open Gaf
  • open Gaming
  • middle-Click the sh** out of every thread which sounds interesting
  • open Steam Thread
  • middle-Click the sh** out of every post which sounds interesting
  • ~ several hours later ~
  • haven't finished todays new posts & threads
  • get sleepy
  • bookmark every open window/tab
  • ~ the next day ~
  • rinse and repeat

Teeth

This is my browsing habit.
  • open browser
  • see dozens of tabs I still have to read
  • open Gaf
  • open Gaming
  • middle-Click the sh** out of every thread which sounds interesting
  • open Steam Thread
  • middle-Click the sh** out of every post which sounds interesting
  • ~ several hours later ~
  • haven't finished todays new posts & threads
  • get sleepy
  • bookmark every open window/tab
  • ~ the next day ~
  • rinse and repeat

You should setup your browser to launch all the tabs that were open on your previous session. Then you wouldn't have to bookmark stuff, just close the window and when you reopen it, they'll all be there.

You should setup your browser to launch all the tabs that were open on your previous session. Then you wouldn't have to bookmark stuff, just close the window and when you reopen it, they'll all be there.
<_<
>_>
I do but my OCD makes me bookmark anyway.

Is anyone still excited for FF15?

It's going to be worse than 13.

I think it looks great and I'm pretty sure the battles will be fun and deep, at least in the optional/endgame content, but I hate all the characters already and just can't get hyped for it. I can't imagine going through 40-50 hours of a game playing as a japanese boyband.

Teeth

<_<
>_>
I do but my OCD makes me bookmark anyway.

How big is your bookmark folder? It must be enormous. Unless you are deleting them...then you are seriously wasting your time bookmarking them (that's a whole lotta clicks).

Also, why do you open posts in new tabs when they look interesting? Are you going to forget to read them while you are reading them? I don't understand.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Unless it crashes or the cloud fails to update.

Teeth

Unless it crashes or the cloud fails to update.

What? They're saved locally. If you're using your bookmarks through the cloud then that isn't going to save you in that situation either.

As for crashing, I've had my browser crash a bunch and it's launched perfectly with all the tabs. Actually, it did that before i set it to remember my last session. The crash recovery would prompt a window on the next open session showing a checklist of the open windows before the crash, so i could select which windows i wanted to open, to prevent problematic tabs from creating a crash loop.

How big is your bookmark folder? It must be enormous. Unless you are deleting them...then you are seriously wasting your time bookmarking them (that's a whole lotta clicks).

Also, why do you open posts in new tabs when they look interesting? Are you going to forget to read them while you are reading them? I don't understand.
I migrated to Chrome a couple months ago, so not many bookmarks here. Several hundred.
On Firefox there are several thousand. I'll go back to FF though. Scrollable tabs + Session manager > Chrome-speed
You'd be surprised how many interesting stuff is on the net
which will never benefit me in any way at all

From time to time I take my time to wad through old bookmarks. But the pile keeps on growing.

I open posts in new tabs to reply or when they have important information, links etc.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I had some additional Steam Keys, thought I'd spread them around..
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RVinP, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-777F4BE1599DBB7B
X: Beyond the Frontier, X-Tension, X2: The Threat, and X3: Reunion -- MB-9A4326D7037E0D8C - Taken by autoduelist. 6 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-D56877A96C3276FB
Brutal Legend -- MB-751CF0F31FB746EF - Taken by hepburn3d. 3 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-87B07328D9852119
Sanctum 2 -- MB-6DAD06C81F560801 - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-B143A8095857B6FF - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-5EF997B0E349EC46
Eets Munchies -- MB-52C5D72A03FE09E3 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-797DDD1B1CFCBEA2
FEZ -- MB-76A0CD96FD0ECAE2
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-8914829609BB44AA

t1411638950z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not possible.

FF13 is so bad it's a game that the best those who champion it can defend it with is that it "gets better" after 20 hours of play.

So it's like Dark Souls?

So it's like Dark Souls?

If you can't see how awesome DS is then it may just not be for you, I don't see how it gets better after 20 hours. Maybe after 2 if it doesn't click with you immediately.

in FFXIII, there is almost no enjoyable content until you get to the open area about 20 hours in, and then it sucks again after you're done with it. It's just two completely different games stitched together.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If you can't see how awesome DS is then it may just not be for you, I don't see how it gets better after 20 hours. Maybe after 2 if it doesn't click with you immediately.

in FFXIII, there is almost no enjoyable content until you get to the open area about 20 hours in, and then it sucks again after you're done with it. It's just two completely different games stitched together.

It was a joke. But Dark Souls did get better after 20 hours! Dat ANOR LONDO

Zeliard

So it's like Dark Souls?

I'll just pretend you didn't say that.

I thought they kept saying that it has 'the best fight system out of all mainline games'.

Combat's the least terrible thing about it, though it wasn't nearly enough to keep my interest going, and for my money nothing in the FF series has yet to best the Materia system.

Everything else about it is honestly awful. Intolerable characters, jargon-filled and hokey storyline, comically linear level design, seemingly endless drip-feeding of mind-numbing tutorials. Just such a trudge. I had to put the PS3 version away after 7 chapters because I honestly couldn't stand playing the game anymore. The only other RPG I've ever done that with is Dragon Age 2, which I gave up in Act 2 because it was anti-fun.

Teeth

It took me about 8 hours to warm up to Dark Souls. I hated it, but was intrigued. Now it's my favourite game of the last 15 years. I should note...the game didn't change, I did.

I thought FF13 was decent most of the way through. I guess maybe it's because I suck at games, but I never though FF13 was on autopilot; most of the bosses were a decent challenge and there was no grinding to make it easier. The levels were entirely linear, but I mostly just looked at it like a micro-RTS version of something like Shining Force or Mystaria: the walking around part was just there to give a sense of the world, the main point was just going fight to fight.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
What? They're saved locally. If you're using your bookmarks through the cloud then that isn't going to save you in that situation either.

As for crashing, I've had my browser crash a bunch and it's launched perfectly with all the tabs. Actually, it did that before i set it to remember my last session. The crash recovery would prompt a window on the next open session showing a checklist of the open windows before the crash, so i could select which windows i wanted to open, to prevent problematic tabs from creating a crash loop.

Not always. I mean, I use your method, but it ain't 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom