• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I think it looks great and I'm pretty sure the battles will be fun and deep, at least in the optional/endgame content, but I hate all the characters already and just can't get hyped for it. I can't imagine going through 40-50 hours of a game playing as a japanese boyband.

this sounds horrible:

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

this sounds horrible:

Oh I know, but that's the direction FF has been going in for a while now. You can see elements of that in FFXII and FFXIII already. The main stroy will probably be a "press A for Awesome" thing, but I expect good and deep optional side and endgame content, which FF XII and XIII also had. Also if I understand it correctly the game will have a gambit.like system, and that is promising.

I just can't see myself going through the game to get to it.

Tizoc

Not possible.

FF13 is so bad it's a game that the best those who champion it can defend it with is that it "gets better" after 20 hours of play.
I personally like the 'combat setting' before Ch. 11.

The positives I can give for FF13 are
Combat system
Graphics
Music is OK

Other than that, it leaves sooooooooooooooooooo much to be desired, cuz all it is is battles, battles, battles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RavenValor95, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Speedrunners -- MB-F24EA0818627BF32 - Taken by NingenJanai

Been a while since I did a giveaway so I hope I remembered how to do this, anyway, I got given a steam key for SpeedRunners by the publisher and they offered me a revenue share where every time I sold a copy of SpeedRunners I got a 30% comission, I thought that was a bit messed up, so I'm not doing it and instead giving away the steam key they gave me.

"kind of satisfies" is exactly what I want out of a game.

There are a few of quotes in that interview which are just insane to me. Froma game design and also early marketing standpoint.

"In Japan, more and more gamers lean towards games that can be played very casually,"
Making an AAAA game focused on the japanese market and casual gamers.. okay.

I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons.
Why should that ever matter in game design? You're not making a game for yourself. Go watch a movie.

I remain highly skeptical of what FF XV will be in the end
when it comes out in 2018

Been a while since I did a giveaway so I hope I remembered how to do this, anyway, I got given a steam key for SpeedRunners by the publisher and they offered me a revenue share where every time I sold a copy of SpeedRunners I got a 30% comission, I thought that was a bit messed up, so I'm not doing it and instead giving away the steam key they gave me.

Wooo ! amazing, thanks a lot !

Can't wait to get humiliated by Dunder.

-Deimos

Dammit NingenJanai!!!!!
image.php

That mocking avatar...

Maybe some of you want these.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-317276663D2699EB - Taken by Teppic
The Bridge -- MB-DB6C244B92806A4D - Taken by Sharkiller

I think many want the old days of FF to come back which is not realistic. Even more since it's such a long-standing franchise, for some the glory days are 2D SNES while for others it's FF7.
Those days are over and you have to search fo replacements to get those "fixes".

For someone like me who has never played any FF, FFXV "looks" interesting so far. Yes, even the gameplay. Even the most simplistic gameplay can be pulled off for having an enjoyable time.

FFXV is clearly not intended to be a FFVII/X/XII. So far I understood. It should be judged upon its own and not its heritage. Imo it's better to keep judgement off until playing the game or demo at least.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
OT Post:

Lays cappuccino tastes like a cappuccino powder but on regular fatty Lays. Wouldn't recommend.

I got curious while buying gas for my car.

Tellaerin

OT Post:

Lays cappuccino tastes like a cappuccino powder but on regular fatty Lays. Wouldn't recommend.

I got curious while buying gas for my car.

The wasabi and ginger ones are really good, IMO. Hope those become a regular flavor. The cappuccino ones are just... odd. :s

I can't take credit, I stole it from this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131312900#post131312900

Another gem from that thread, that is somewhat related to the current discussion here:

(drive-thru image)

Heh, that's beautiful. Now I'm going to be disappointed if the game doesn't have a scene where the group stops for fast food.

Knurek

I keep worrying that my preorder key for FFXIII is still not available on Nuuvem. What if they region lock the game before release? I need some Sahz in my life...

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, gu-uyz.
These are supposed to be in-game visuals for FFXV. More here.
SE needs to follow Konami with going PC. They wouldn't wanna leave PC money laying around after all, right? Squares about the moniez, right? Japan's going full Steam, right? Right?

dex3108

I woke up this morning and where is my The Vanishing of Ethan carter pre-load GAF? :D What couple hours before release means? I want it now! :D

Milamber

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, gu-uyz.

SE needs to follow Konami with going PC. They wouldn't wanna leave PC money laying around after all, right? Squares about the moniez, right? Japan's going full Steam, right? Right?

We'll get FFXV, after 5 years, when Squeenix starts needing money again.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, gu-uyz.

If that footage isn't running on a PC then I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm sure it will come to PC, all these FF games coming to Steam now have to count for something.

Anteater

If that footage isn't running on PC than I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm sure it will come to PC, all these FF games coming to Steam now have to count for something.

There were screenshots that look like it's in sub HD resolution, so it's not like it had perfect image quality.

We'll get FFXV, after 5 years, when Squeenix starts needing money again.
No! I feel it. We are at the edge of a Japanese avalanche towards PC. It's no coincidence FFXIII and FFIV we're just recently released/revealed. It's a sign. SE want's PC. SE needs PC.
Anyday now Dragon's Dogma will get an HD facelift and a subsequent PC release. I feel it.

If only Kagari and Aena would post here more often. There's a distinct JP-focused-Mod lack in the Stam thread. Until now. With many JP-games coming on PC, I can't await to read Kagari's and Aena's posts here. Especially Kagari. She's got info amass.

Anyway, I should sleep. 10am, damn. Goodnight/morning people.

Arthea

No! I feel it. We are at the edge of a Japanese avalanche towards PC. It's no coincidence FFXIII and FFIV we're just recently released/revealed. It's a sign. SE want's PC. SE needs PC.
Anyday now Dragon's Dogma will get an HD facelift and a subsequent PC release. I feel it.

If only Kagari and Aena would post here more often. There's a distinct JP-focused-Mod lack in the Stam thread. Until now. With many JP-games coming on PC, I can't await to read Kagari's and Aena's posts here. Especially Kagari. She's got info amass.

I couldn't resist (><)

I never knew SE stopped needing money

They don't need money on our terms, in case you haven't noticed

Milamber

I never knew SE stopped needing money

Not enough need, really. I think to them as a main publisher/developer of FF's, the PC is just an afterthought. Once they start noticing their past titles not making any money on the main consoles, they do HD's and re-release it on any available platform just to milk it for a while longer.

DS, 3DS, Vita and iOS sales must have dried up so they started to go for the PC sales. I believe we are the bottom of the barrel for them.

Knurek

If only Kagari and Aena would post here more often. There's a distinct JP-focused-Mod lack in the Stam thread.

Aeana will start posting here as soon as Squeenix runs out of Android Final Fantasies to port and starts doing Dragon Quests instead (please, Horii-sama, let it happen soon).

Arthea

Aeana will start posting here as soon as Squeenix runs out of Android Final Fantasies to port and starts doing Dragon Quests instead (please, Horii-sama, let it happen soon).

I have my doubts they'll ever do that, but I'd welcome DQ remakes on steam, not so sure I want a MMO, though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

We have Zelli-Chan

Milamber

Just look at their re-release timings for FF's...
NES, SNES, PS1, PS2 FF's re-released to GBA, DS, 3DS, PS3 digital, PSP and Vita which are then re-released to iOS, Android and then finally PC.

Not all follow this but most of them. There is a high chance for the DQ's to come to PC then.

Arthea

Just look at their re-release timings for FF's...
NES, SNES, PS1, PS2 FF's re-released to GBA, DS, 3DS, PS3 digital, PSP and Vita which are then re-released to iOS, Android and then finally PC.

Not all follow this but most of them. There is a high chance for the DQ's to come to PC then.

you have a point, but they might think that DQ isn't popular enough to pull this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom