• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Why does my badges page only show my fairly recent purchases?

Many of the games were I've got my drops for and sold the cards off are not on my badges page anymore, why?
I'm still entitled to booster packs to them, so Steam hasn't forgotten them somehow.

Lego games on sale for 5 each. Worth it?

I'm just worried that when Steam introduces Canadian currency the price will be more.

I've only played Marvel and LOTR but I preferred LOTR. It just feels more epic, thanks to it being very faithful to the movies. You can't go wrong with either of them but I'd recommend LOTR unless you hate the franchise.

JustinBB7

How is Lego Marvel? I played Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman, which were alright, but I didn't like the collectothon in those games. Had to collect more stuff than in Assassin's Creed 4..

ViviOggi

Because it's an incredibly obvious visual reference to cumshots?

Huh

75BA85F4ACDCA715F795C62D078710AA764CB862

Tizoc

I want to give Homemarque my money for Outland already.

Nothin' beats Crispy Sweet n' Sour Chicken bah gawd...also Beef Bulgogi
02-kofoo-beef-bulgogi-bob.jpg

yuraya

The pinned we want Japanese audio thread in the steam discussions has reached quite a lot of comments. There is a lot of demand for it. I wonder if Squeenix caves in and does a patch. Probably unlikely but it would be nice of them to give people the option.

Tizoc

The pinned we want Japanese audio thread in the steam discussions has reached quite a lot of comments. There is a lot of demand for it. I wonder if Squeenix caves in and does a patch. Probably unlikely but it would be nice of them to give people the option.

It's strange that anyone in Asia (not just Japan, I mean the freakin' continent if I understand it right) can get it but those that aren't can't get it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm actually expecting them to offer Japanese voice works as downloadable DLC, ala Tomb Raider.

Ruruja

Aaah how good this makes me feel.

I also have the "You already own Project CARS" which is interesting as I'm only a Junior Member on it and we're only meant to get a €10 discount on the final game. So I guess either they changed it when they added the game on Steam a while back, or they're going to remove my version from my client when the game releases, is such a thing even possible JaseC?

C4rter

Steam Code for Rochard from German PC Gaming Magazine GameStar.
Code is maybe Region Locked.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rochard -- MB-DD6BEBD4E81C82CA - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.

t1411213473z1.png

wazoo

I've been looking at GTX 970 reviews and benchmarks for the last couple hours and I'm getting really excited to get one, gonna have to wait maybe another month or two but it's going to be incredible going from a 7850.

I would like to upgrade my 7850 but my mini PC asks that I found a similar small card.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Four hours of pizza talk? This is exactly the sort of thing that caused this thread to reach boiling point just two months ago. My memory is generally terrible but even I remember that. ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
also receiver is pretty fucking difficult

i think it's a pretty interesting game although tapes talk sounds like random meta nonsense but damn if it's hard to get something done in this game

would be much easier if i had a decent framerate, it's pretty hard to aim with slowdowns

Four hours of pizza talk? This is exactly the sort of thing that caused this thread to reach boiling point just two months ago.
not you saoirse

Teppic

Taking out the garbage.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-293EBE7FDF715DE8 - Taken by cardinalmind
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #3 -- MB-E77C5ED13174916E - Taken by Pranay_
Receiver #2 -- MB-E7B0C8E3646CB92C - Taken by Purkake4
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #2 -- MB-7F7E78B1A1367430 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Receiver -- MB-3E478F371F439AAA - Taken by Purkake4

Tizoc

Four hours of pizza talk? This is exactly the sort of thing that caused this thread to reach boiling point just two months ago. My memory is generally terrible but even I remember that. ;)

Oh please if we were talking about Ronan you'd be OK with it.

JaseC

jeesus... you must have every game steam has to offer. right?
I wish I could do that...

I didn't start "collecting" until the close of the 2012 Summer Sale and the 2013 Summer Sale is the only time I've had a fair amount of money to splurge, so sadly I've missed my fair share of stuff.

Oh please if we were talking about Ronan you'd be OK with it.

I generally ignore the Saoirse talk unless I'm present when it happens and can weave it into an otherwise on-topic post, but even when somebody brings her up it never lasts for more than a handful of posts. I make no pretensions that everything I post can be considered on-topic but there's a distinction to make between occasional off-topic banter and something that continues for pages. But if you want to believe that I'm just a biased, self-centred stick in the mud, well, there's nothing I can do about that, so be my guest.

milena87

I started Wasteland 2 this morning... I haven't done much yet, as most of my time was spent creating my group, but I'm really liking it so far :)

Can't wait to receive my Collector's Edition as well :D

Careful what you wish for, they might release it as paid DLC.

Really it might be because of licensing issues with either of those songs that are exclusive to each release or some draconian contracts that some Japanese VAs have :(

Also Hawaiian pizza 4 lyfe. I love anchovies on my pizza too. Never had them together though, hmmm.

Might as well post in here incase anyone hasn't heard.
Bundlestars are giving away steam keys for Space Hack, a sci-fi Diablo type apparently.

http://www.bundlestars.com/#giveaway

Just a heads up, Facebook is required for this.

Madridy

I woke up to the new thread title, a disappointing game from UFG and this:

This is what a fucking GOAT pizza looks like:

sorry for the colors, but in that moment I didn't give a damn about taking a nice photo as I was literally drooling all over the phone

1) mother dough
2) tomato sauce
3) extra virgin olive oil
4) mozzarella (or buffalo mozzarella)
5) basil
6) ???
7) PROFIT

I should clarify that I'm one of the only Italians who actually doesn't loath US pizza, but really, GOAT pizza is the simplest pizza. It all depends on the ingredients quality and even more on the pizza chef skills.

A certified Napolitana Pizza joint recently opened in my country, and god damn if this isn't the best pizza I've tasted...

The Chef apparently studied in Naples for few years and even brought with him a wood oven for his restaurant. and now another competing joint opened, also certified.

I'll probably try it out tomorrow!

Purkake4

Banned
Sorry, managed to grab two Receivers

ModBot said:
Instructions for Purkake4:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Receiver -- MB-F11FDF0B85D4CF64 - Taken by Asharakk

JaseC

If the code is region locked it would have been the best to go for garbage dump..

It's not.

Edit: Black Mesa's app has been receiving frequent updates over the past month or so. I wonder if it's nearing release.

Anteater

Well I think I'm done with Vergil's DLC. Things become punching bags once you upgraded all your abilities, it's more difficult to pay attention to enemy attacks than actually keep up with the style since it's hard to make out the sound and visual cues with things consistently being juggled in the air with a lot of graphic/sound effects, it's massively easier to get SSS in combos than Dante given how fast your attacks are, just sorta have to spam the moves.

I think the balance is a bit uneven because of how easy it is to juggle enemies and keeping them in a stun state, until they eventually glow yellow and it's just the matter of knowing what abilities to use to effectively keep them stunned.

Overall Vergil is a more powerful and a much easier character to use but not as well thought out as Dante (since they also share some enemy encounters). I had fun with it, but the combo system is getting into musou tier. New enemies are ok, didn't like fighting the imprisoner, witch is still annoying.

Edit: I'll give it a 6/4/7/7 out of 59

Anteater

It's not.

Edit: Black Mesa's app has been receiving frequent updates over the past month or so. I wonder if it's nearing release.

Is it the Black Mesa that they made several months ago (or was it last year), or is this the new game they said they're working on with Valve? (Well new engine, not new game)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Making my way through To The Moon. Gameplay is stale but the story is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom