• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing The Sims 3 recently and I really like it, and I'm interested in buying the expansion packs, but there's over 20 of them, and each one of them is 20 bucks on steam!!
Do these expansion packs ever get on sale?

AsfaeksBR

Is the Black Mesa page up?

And I thought they said the retail game would contain the whole game, and then after they would go and complete the free version to those who don't want to pay.

Haunted

Remixing her own mother's memory is pretty bad.
Well, you change the memory into something that Nilin actually believes to be a better outcome.

The thing with the patient though.. that was just plain fucked up.

I mean, if you're fundamentally opposed to the whole idea of altering memories, then yeah, that's not gonna happen. :p But with the basic premise accepted, the later ones are defnitely less shitty than the very first one they start you out with. :D

unround

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (unround, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home -- MB-F3774F043B0EF1B6 - Taken by Driw3r. 5 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-F89B03162D6B3EEC - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.

t1411223433z1.png

Oh shit! It looks like Dragon Ball Xenoverse is also coming to Steam!!
Trailer for those who haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkGxBHJs88
This one is being developed by Dimps (Street Fighter IV, DBZ Budokai 1-3, etc).
Always nice to see the trend of non-PC exclusives dying out continuing. Is that a fighting game or an action-adventure through the Dragonball story?
---
Uploaded a youtube video testing out the head tracking and custom camera in Sleeping Dogs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lwx9lm2Sq0
Download Sleeping dog camera and trackir files here
Recent quote of my experience setting up the free head tracking:
That's very cool. Any advantages to TrackIR 5? And can you make a video please of how much your head moves actually?
---
In my experience getting rid of old GPUs is about who you know and not what you know. For example if a card overclocks well or has an insanity high or low ASIC quality there's a couple of forums I stick my head in that some people will snap up. Sometimes it depends on the community too. You could eBay or Craigslist it but the B/S/T thread here would be a good shout or any other online communities you visit with members trading sections that you feel you can trust (obviously the more PC or preferably hardware or tech focused ones). If all else fails I sometimes try to coerce one of my mates they need an upgrade which has some varying success more often if they want a second card like what I'm trying to shift.
Which would those other trustworthy forums be where you can buy/sell used GPUs? Maybe with new cards out I'll snag a 770 for cheap.
---
I'm actually expecting them to offer Japanese voice works as downloadable DLC, ala Tomb Raider.
That's a pretty scummy way though. Selling voice packs.
---
The pinned we want Japanese audio thread in the steam discussions has reached quite a lot of comments. There is a lot of demand for it. I wonder if Squeenix caves in and does a patch. Probably unlikely but it would be nice of them to give people the option.
swROZE0.gif

---
Yv0r6P.gif

Super cool of Kojima! Still Cats > Dogs
---
Seems like they live streamed a gameplay demo for FFXV, supposedly looks pretty good and seems snappier than the trailer
Wow, after so much silence SE seemingly opened the media-floodgates. So much info in the last time. Nice, gonna watch. Great find!
---
I didn't start "collecting" until the close of the 2012 Summer Sale and the 2013 Summer Sale is the only time I've had a fair amount of money to splurge, so sadly I've missed my fair share of stuff.
I see you don't play much actually. Do you sometimes stroll through your Library and get sad that most doesn't get played? After collecting one more title do you forget about it immediately or do you look at it in your client from time to time?

I never met a "real" collector, so excuse me when I am being rude. You really have so many games, almost all tbh. When I saw your profile at first I got super excited but when I scrolled through your games list I realized that most of them don't appeal to me at all. But even the minority of titles which do, are more than I could ever purchase in my life, so haha.
I can't find the correct term, it's something between jealousy and excitement.

But I am happy for you that not one but two AssCreeds are coming soon, so finally you'll have fun with your games again.

yeah it's not even debatable, nilin just seems like a messed up girl lol
She's still a cool character, can't believe the all the "publishers don't like female protagonists" talk before its launch.

Well, you change the memory into something that Nilin actually believes to be a better outcome.

The thing with the patient though.. that was just plain fucked up.

I mean, if you're fundamentally opposed to the whole idea of altering memories, then yeah, that's not gonna happen. :p But with the basic premise accepted, the later ones are defnitely less shitty than the very first one they start you out with. :D
The first time she did it, she did it to survive, it's that or her throat slit.

Making her mother feel guilty about a life-turning event that wasn't even her mother's fault is more messed up IMO.
Super cool of Kojima! Still Cats > Dogs
No.

So, no hype for Ancient Space? Seems like a good entry for an often PC-exclusive, game-starved genre (the RTS) so the more stuff we get, the better.

Wish Gearbox could blaze it and put up Homeworld 1+2 once and for all. Who cares about Borderlands, give me Homeworld and the new Homeworld title.

With the loyalty 23% off voucher plus the 10% discount you can get it for $13.86. If that's not cue enough to support RTS, I don't know what it is.

Don't make me bring all the kawaii stuff to scare/convince you! :p

Ruruja

Turns out I already own it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Space Hack -- MB-D9F0922EF557851C - Taken by CrunchyFrog

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see you don't play much actually. Do you sometimes stroll through your Library and get sad that most doesn't get played? After collecting one more title do you forget about it immediately or do you look at it in your client from time to time?

For the most part I don't buy games to play them, so I don't care that the vast majority are collecting digital dust.

I can't find the correct term, it's something between jealousy and excitement.

Jealoucitement?

But I am happy for you that not one but two AssCreeds are coming soon, so finally you'll have fun with your games again.

Haha, I'm not too keen on Rogue, to be honest: I didn't care much for AssCreed 3's setting, and to add insult to injury the game is set in the winter (going off the beaten track in 3's frontier during the winter was a pain because of just how much snow slows you down). Needless to say, though, I'll certainly play it, but my heart is firmly set on Unity.

The pinned we want Japanese audio thread in the steam discussions has reached quite a lot of comments. There is a lot of demand for it. I wonder if Squeenix caves in and does a patch. Probably unlikely but it would be nice of them to give people the option.

You guys who ask for Japanese audio, can you tell the difference between good and bad Japanese voice acting? When I hear English voice acting, I can immediately tell whether it's a bad voice actor, a good actor with bad direction (putting the wrong inflection in sentences,) or a good actor with good direction. When I hear Japanese voice acting, I don't have a clue whether they're good or not, because I don't have the knowledge of the language. So when you're asking for Japanese, is it because you know the language and recognize they're good? Or is it just a way of saying "I've heard the English and it sucks?"

For the most part I don't buy games to play them, so I don't care that the vast majority are collecting digital dust.
More power to Enco :p

Are you then fascinated by the medium game alone or is it an OCD-type of thing; I must own everything I start. Nothing will be left half-cooked!?
Even if it may sound creepy, I am interested in your psych in that regard -_-
I only ever saw videos of Console game collectors and while some were very reserved, most were so very excited when talking about their games.
I enjoy when you fall out of character sometimes (^_^) but for the most part you are so very on-topic and collected.

Ok, on second thought this is super personal. So I'd understand not getting answers. ;)

Uzzy

Making her mother feel guilty about a life-turning event that wasn't even her mother's fault is more messed up IMO.

More Remember Me spoilers!

There's a lot of problems with the Olga remix, even ignoring the morality of it. For starters, David's still alive, so Olga should quickly realise that and figure out something's up with her memory, turning her against Nilin again. That said, it's highly likely that Olga's responsible for the attack/explosions at a hospital facility, so it's quite possible that Olga killed David in her attempt to kill Dr Quaid.

How wonderfully dark.

Haunted

I think I must've misremembered something (ha!).

I read up on the third remix just now and yeah, it's still fucked up. :lol

More Remember Me spoilers!

There's a lot of problems with the Olga remix, even ignoring the morality of it. For starters, David's still alive, so Olga should quickly realise that and figure out something's up with her memory, turning her against Nilin again.
I remember remarking on that exact plot hole.

That said, it's highly likely that Olga's responsible for the attack/explosions at a hospital facility, so it's quite possible that Olga killed David in her attempt to kill Dr Quaid.

How wonderfully dark.
:eek:

That's even worse!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait... ranch sauce on a pizza?

I can't handle this. I'm out.

You guys are crazy, I dip my pizza into ranch dressing.

Wake up somewhat hungover, scroll through this thread, see pizza and burgers.

My stomach is confused.

Same here man.

Shadowcrypt is balls fucking hard.

Hardest game I played this year? Probably. Brings back the Ninja Gaiden feeling that even regular enemies are capable of killing you from full health.

In a similar vein, the hardest game I've played all year was Shadowgate. You don't have a health bar: if you do something wrong, you die.
And there are a lot of ways to die

Last night I started in on Final Fantasy IV on Steam. The game is generally pretty cool. The last time I played through FF4 was when The Complete Collection came out on the PSP so back in 2011. This is the first time I'll be playing the 3D version all the way through (I started it on my tablet but gave up on the terrible touch controls). The controls in this one seem nice, but as many have mentioned already the game suffers from horrible 15FPS battle animations. Knowing that this is a port of a DS game I can ignore that because the game is still fucking fantastic after all these years.

Terra_Ex

So, no hype for Ancient Space? Seems like a good entry for an often PC-exclusive, game-starved genre (the RTS) so the more stuff we get, the better.

Wish Gearbox could blaze it and put up Homeworld 1+2 once and for all. Who cares about Borderlands, give me Homeworld and the new Homeworld title.

With the loyalty 23% off voucher plus the 10% discount you can get it for $13.86. If that's not cue enough to support RTS, I don't know what it is.

Don't make me bring all the kawaii stuff to scare/convince you! :p

I'm interested in it but I already have enough space themed strategy games demanding my attention (GalCiv 2/3, Sins, Endless Space) while waiting on a Distant Worlds sale and these games just suck up an ungodly amount of time... I'm going to watch some videos on it later and if I like what I see I'll get it. I'm liking that there's a focus on a campaign with a story as that's where Sins falls down. Are there any elements of base-building or similar or is it primarily unit-focused?

Momentary

Banned
Man, the amount of bombs dropped in the last month or so for PC is just amazing. Dragon Ball, Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear, Ryse, Outland. What else has happened?

Anyway.. I'm confident that we'll get more bombs dropped on us before December. I'm wanting those bombs to be Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear announcements... Maybe some stuff from Sega that I've almost given up on.

yuraya

I would advise people not to get too emotionally attached to it. The probability of that dog/wolf eating a bullet before the end of the game is high. The theme of the game is revenge and they said the game is going to be very taboo. Everyone seems to always be in some sort of pain and agony in all the trailers. Kojima is most definitely going to break peoples hearts with DD.

Shadownet

Banned
They could do (Green) Arrow to keep in the same comfort zone
I want a Teen Titans game

Teen Titans... Damn you just know exactly what to say to make me like you don't ya? I would love a Teen Titans game from RockSteady!
--------

With all these Square Enix games coming to Steam. Maybe we'll finally get Kingdom Hearts 1+2 HD port? :O

Sendou

I'm having a bit hard time getting into Super Time Force Ultra. I don't even remember when there was a game I wanted to love as much as this. The presentation is just outstanding. However I'm having hard time coping with the gameplay mechanic. Constantly fighting against the clock and overall chaos of it all gets to me. I'm really struggling right now. Thinking maybe I'll take a break and play something else meanwhile.

Disney doesn't believe in steep discounts, heck, all the blurays published by Disney hardly dipped below 20 bucks in any given time.

zkylon

zkylewd
And the whole morality of fundamentally altering someone's personality is never brought up. It's one of my main problems with the game.
that's pretty troubling

i'm not against anti heroes (max payne 1&2, spec ops the line, the witcher, i love you all!) but this game so far seems awfully unaware of how rotten it is

She's still a cool character, can't believe the all the "publishers don't like female protagonists" talk before its launch.
she certainly looks pretty cool but seems to have a pretty bland personality, at least so far

so yeah "character" wise, not sold yet

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But Disney like making money...right? If they port Kingdom Hearts to Steam. It would be the best selling game for a month.

gotta keep the hopes alive!

The problem is that Disney doesn't see PC DD as an important market because it makes ridiculous amounts of money elsewhere (namely licensing, television/film endeavours and general merchandising). This is why Amazon is literally the one and only PC DD retailer that offers digital versions of Disney games -- it was something Tony actively pursued. Squeenix would have to really twist Disney's arm for it to sign off on PC ports of the Kingdoms Hearts games.

I really wonder what happens when the two storefronts are available on Steam and how all those "free Steam Keys for ppl who vote for our game on GL" devs will act.

Shadownet

Banned
Yes, but it's a PS2 title, so much work is needed. FFXIII was born on PC, so releasing a PC version was easier.

I'll settle for Kingdom Hearts 3 on Steam then? ;D

Disney doesn't believe in steep discounts, heck, all the blurays published by Disney hardly dipped below 20 bucks in any given time.

I don't think its Disney but the Incredible Blu-Ray were still like frickin $30 last time I went into a Target and saw it.

madjoki

I really wonder what happens when the two storefronts are available on Steam and how all those "free Steam Keys for ppl who vote for our game on GL" devs will act.

I don't think there will be two storefronts, but one with discover function based on curators you follow.

Shadownet

Banned
The problem is that Disney doesn't see PC DD as an important market because it makes ridiculous amounts of money elsewhere (namely licensing, television/film endeavours and general merchandising). This is why Amazon is literally the one and only PC DD retailer that offers digital versions of Disney games -- it was something Tony actively pursued. Squeenix would have to really twist Disney's arm for it to sign off on PC ports of the Kingdoms Hearts games.

All I can say is :(

You make a lot of sense. Can't argue with that. Its a longshot.
-----
You know I can't believe with how popular the Last Airbender is that The Legend of Korra will be the first game we get from the series.

I don't think there will be two storefronts, but one with discover function based on curators you follow.

Wasnt it hinted at that there will be two storefronts? One like the normal one and one for like Greenlight-games, but already released with Steam-API, Trading-cards, Achievements etc. and if the games on ones on the second one get popular they are moved to the normal storefront?

Grief.exe

How involved is Disney in the development of Kingdom Hearts?

Frozen was like $12 the second week it came out (or it may have been more, but it was well below $20)
Rare occurrence.
I don't think its Disney but the Incredible Blu-Ray were still like frickin $30 last time I went into a Target and saw it.
Disney publish Pixar's movies. MCU movies are also expensive.

she certainly looks pretty cool but seems to have a pretty bland personality, at least so far

so yeah "character" wise, not sold yet
I like her voice acting a lot, and she hardly remembers anything from her life for half of the game, watching her trying to rediscover who she once was, was pretty interesting.

Geralt lost his memory also, but he didn't seem to mind it too much.

And there's this
idL2pmTIIhvHS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom