• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

At this point, I'm fairly convinced some of you don't even know what a pizza is.

On subject, I just spent my entire gaming time budget tonight split between trying to organize my Steam library (failed) and creating two characters in Wasteland 2 before needing to quit out.

I swear, between reading forums, researching sale/bundle games, and general goofery, I don't even know why I actually buy games since I never actually get to sit down to play them.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hawaiian pizza is the worst, along with seafood and that mayo atrocity mentioned by jshackles D:

People are still excited over Dragon Ball Z games?
Rather the fact that it probably opens the gates for more japanese games... the things I'd do for a Tales of Steam collection...

You have no idea the things I would do to get Gundam EXVSFB on steam. If such a thing were to happen I could say my life would be complete.
It'd be awesome... but MaxiBoost would be more awesome
because that one is likely PS4 and then I wouldn't need to buy one :D

I would help. Rise of Incarnates just made me want it more.

And yeah, I'm excited for a DBZ game.
Rise of Incarnates has apparently been quite simplified compared with the Gundam VS games which is a damn shame. Scamco should stop toying around and release the game that everyone actually wants.

I would do unspeakable things for VS. unspeakable But, i guess we'll have to make do with rise of the incarnates....for now.
As said above I'm not particularly liking what they are doing with RoI, so I guess I'll just keep playing the PS3 version (which to be fair to Scamco it does run at a solid 60fps)

THREAD TITLE!!!

i hope XIII doesn't have crashing issues when it crashes onto steam
It makes sense because the game is going to bomb really hard too
due to Squeenix's likely pretty insane expectations as always

arma222oorr.jpg

missioncaccomplishedf3oqv.gif
"Jason"?
I feel like I've been living a lie D:

Wait a week and you might find it cheaper on b/s/t ^_^.
:D
It's Squeenix, bomba bin prices are guaranteed eventually.

Unlike Xelios, I have no principles. ;)
Man, it'd be so easy to make a sex jo--
How the title isn't Ride the Lightning.
And done :p

Isn't GFWL supposed to be gone for some games soon?
Seems like I missed this!
Which ones are prone to be cured from that wretched virus?

AHA-Lambda

I know many will look at me with disgust for this, but my favourite pizza is a donner kebab pizza.

Yeah, I'm so Scottish :/

Copons

On a totally unrelated note, yesterday night I beat the first level of Volgarr the Viking, and then I slept like only true heroes sleep: fine.

Shadownet

Banned
Hawaiian pizza is the worst, along with seafood and that mayo atrocity mentioned by jshackles D:

You dislike Hawaiian pizza and seafood? I don't think we can be friends.

Rather the fact that it probably opens the gates for more japanese games... the things I'd do for a Tales of Steam collection...

Okay we can be friends..
a man who like Tales games can't be a bad man.

Seems like I missed this!
Which ones are prone to be cured from that wretched virus?

I can't remember but I think Dead Rising 2 was one of the ones getting rid of them. According to the last Steam thread.

Zeknurn

I know many will look at me with disgust for this, but my favourite pizza is a donner kebab pizza.

Yeah, I'm so Scottish :/

Kebab pizza is one of the most popular, if not the most popular pizza in Sweden. For good reason because it's a great combination that you can never go wrong with.

One of my favourite pizzas is one with rucola, cherry-tomatoes, prosciutto, parmesan and pesto on it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You dislike Hawaiian pizza and seafood? I don't think we can be friends.
:(
I do have a very strong distaste for seafood though, and really can't help it.
But I do love pineapple!
which has no business being on a pizza

Okay we can be friends..
a man who like Tales games can't be a bad man.
:D
mind that I like them for their glorious gameplay (ToGf Battle System of the Forever), not for their garbage storytelling

I can't remember but I think Dead Rising 2 was one of the ones getting rid of them. According to the last Steam thread.
Nice, never got far in DR2, so having that shit removed would be a nice incentive to finally make some progress.

why not both?

604954-code_geass__pizza__cc_400.jpg
LOL is that CC?
Guess she's eating Pizza Hut.

Shadownet

Banned
mind that I like them for their glorious gameplay (ToGf Battle System of the Forever), not for their garbage storytelling

Its generic but I thought Tales of Symphonia and Vesperia has very nice stories.

Graces F was just terrible though.

Edit: the man above me shall me my comrade from now on.

Dr Dogg

Well seeing my internet was out for the better half of yesterday I decided to rewire my whole home network last night and have a look at In Home Streaming's improvements (little did I know that one PC has to be online for it to work so was a bloody waste of time). Anyway when I got back up and running this morning tried out a range of DX9, DX10 and DX11 title with and without hardware encoding and various decoding options and I don't know if it's improvements at Valve's end or ditching some poorly managed UTP Cat 5e cables for STP Cat6 but I've finally pushed past the 50mbit/s bitrate wall and was getting upto 84mbit/s. I mean granted that's still only 8% of the theoretically throughput my network has but the end result is quite a bit clearer now.

Might have a play around with some crazier resolutions and try some out client and host configs. One thing I'm sure we'd all like from In Home Streaming is a portable client.

I woke up to the new thread title, a disappointing game from UFG and this:

WTFCANTUNSEE

This is what a fucking GOAT pizza looks like:

Hold up, don't you live in Rome? There used to be this amazing bakery at the back of the market square by the Domo (ironically next to a fast food restaurant called Burghy) that did the most amazing pizza. Granted this was about 20 years ago so who knows if it's still there. Saying that surrounding the Campo in Siena there was about 30 more more bakeries either on full display or hidden down side streets all with the most gorgeous smells come out of them.

Any yeah Steamy stuff.

Shadownet

Banned
So after Batman Arkham Knight. Which superhero should RockSteady do next?

IMO if they wanna do something similar in term of gameplay. Spiderman would be awesome. Or TMNT.

But I really would like RockSteady to do a character with even more detective gameplay. Idk.. Maybe Daredevil?

abracadaver

IMO if they wanna do something similar in term of gameplay. Spiderman would be awesome. Or TMNT.

But I really would like RockSteady to do a character with even more detective gameplay. Idk.. Maybe Daredevil?

Punisher

X05

DR2, DR2: Off the record and RE5
Aha, thanks!
Guess I should get LP Colonies, LP2 and SFxT soon-ish...

Yes, it's CC from Code Geass :D
Then she's definitely eating something from Pizza Hut XD

I can't trust people who dislike Hawaiian pizza
What you can't really trust, is people that pretend to like Hawaiian pizza.

Its generic but I thought Tales of Symphonia and Vesperia has very nice stories.

Graces F was just terrible though.

Edit: the man above me shall me my comrade from now on.
Yeah, Graces story was just the worst, I almost didn't make it through the childhood arc.
I also remember not liking Legendia's much as well, but I played that one a long-ass time ago. I still haven't played Vesperia (was waiting on PS3 version but clearly that ship has sailed) nor ToX/ToX2 (PS3 broke :( )

They could do (Green) Arrow to keep in the same comfort zone
I want a Teen Titans game

Ronik

Iron Fist would be amazing, but realistically, Rocksteady will only do DC characters. So... Superman would be an obvious choice, but I can imagine that Wonder Woman game from Rocksteady would be really cool.

AHA-Lambda

Sounds delicious to me and I haven't even had doner kebab. :(

I so want to try this.

Donner Kebab Pizza is damn good.

Kebab pizza is one of the most popular, if not the most popular pizza in Sweden. For good reason because it's a great combination that you can never go wrong with.

One of my favourite pizzas is one with rucola, cherry-tomatoes, prosciutto, parmesan and pesto on it.

Did not expect that reaction xD
Vindication!

Googling what a donner kebab pizza has made me more confused than before, it's a bunch of pictures of pizzas with other meals thrown on top?

Sounds about right to me :p

why not both?

604954-code_geass__pizza__cc_400.jpg

I loved that show! ^_^

Dr Dogg

Anyone know a good, relatively fast way to sell a Radeon HD 7950?

In my experience getting rid of old GPUs is about who you know and not what you know. For example if a card overclocks well or has an insanity high or low ASIC quality there's a couple of forums I stick my head in that some people will snap up. Sometimes it depends on the community too. You could eBay or Craigslist it but the B/S/T thread here would be a good shout or any other online communities you visit with members trading sections that you feel you can trust (obviously the more PC or preferably hardware or tech focused ones). If all else fails I sometimes try to coerce one of my mates they need an upgrade which has some varying success more often if they want a second card like what I'm trying to shift.

DocSeuss

In my experience getting rid of old GPUs is about who you know and not what you know. For example if a card overclocks well or has an insanity high or low ASIC quality there's a couple of forums I stick my head in that some people will snap up. Sometimes it depends on the community too. You could eBay or Craigslist it but the B/S/T thread here would be a good shout or any other online communities you visit with members trading sections that you feel you can trust (obviously the more PC or preferably hardware or tech focused ones). If all else fails I sometimes try to coerce one of my mates they need an upgrade which has some varying success more often if they want a second card like what I'm trying to shift.

Will try.

Copons

Hold up, don't you live in Rome? There used to be this amazing bakery at the back of the market square by the Domo (ironically next to a fast food restaurant called Burghy) that did the most amazing pizza. Granted this was about 20 years ago so who knows if it's still there. Saying that surrounding the Campo in Siena there was about 30 more more bakeries either on full display or hidden down side streets all with the most gorgeous smells come out of them.

Any yeah Steamy stuff.

Yeah, I can see your memories are 20 years faded away. :p

There is no actual duomo in Rome (and even the cathedral isn't called cathedral), BUT I can guess you're talking about the Pantheon, because of its shape and because I can remember a Burghy just outside it (the entire Burghy chain closed in mid 90s, mostly absorbed by McDonald's).
And also, "Campo in Siena" is frying my brain, because I don't know if you're talking about "Piazza del Campo" in Siena, or "Piazza di Siena" in Rome (which was actually build to look like Piazza del Campo in Siena, but it's in the middle of the park Villa Borghese, so there are no bakeries around).

Anyway, in the city centre there are lots of pizzerias and bakeries, but with a handful of exceptions they're mostly tourist traps (and the exceptions are absurdly expensive anyway). Also, actual Roman pizza is an entirely different thing than Neaples pizza, and I don't like it at all. Luckily, there are plenty of Neapolitan pizzerias (most of them far enough from the centre) that manage to spare me the 2 hours trip to Neaples any time I'm craving. :D

I can't remember how was the pizza quality in the 90s though, as 20 years ago I was 10 (I'd say it was worst, as recently there is a huge hipster-ish fine food craze going on, but I don't really know).

To follow up my previous post:

I beat Volgarr's first level yesterday after a couple of hours of tries, with an almost perfect run.
Today I've kinda easily beat the first half of the second level, but then the second half is fucking scary
water levels? OMFG? that shit is sadistic!
The game is great so far, though.
I thought it would have been frustrating like La-Mulana (which I instantly hated), instead whenever I do something wrong in Volgarr, it's clear it was entirely my fault because even though the game is very hard, it's also completely predictable.

Also, it really is true this game makes you feel like the definitive badass. Like, when I beat the first level I thought I was skilled enough to speedrun through Ghosts'n Goblins.

I didn't try it, but anyway I doubt I really am. :D

Chariot

Secret Six GTA V style, with the ability of switching freely between the Six. Noz exactly heroes but awesome.

I would also love to see a Detective Riddler game. In the comics the Riddler briefly went to the good side, working as private detective, annoying Batman to no end, because he could mentally hold pace with him and he couldn't just beat him up because he was a good guy now.

All of you who like pineapple on pizza should be sent to a Syberian gulag so you can spend the rest of your lives pondering your bad taste.

aku:jiki

Hmm, I might have to retract my recommendation of Iron Fisticle. It's a bit short and easy and the grind to unlock everything isn't going to be entertaining enough for sustained play beyond beating the game. I only have about 2 hours logged and I feel like I'll beat it on my next run. I haven't done coop yet, but it apparently makes it even easier by resurrecting dead players a room or two later...

What's there is fantastic, there's just too little of it.

I like this picture.

Dot knows why.
Because it's an incredibly obvious visual reference to cumshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom