• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Will the game eventually come out on PC?

Ted Price: We're just focusing on Xbox One.

That's not a denial! So what's next for Insomniac? Sunset Overdrive is out soon. Are you rolling into another project or will you take a break?

Ted Price: Like every developer that has multiple teams, we are always busy. I'm sure you've heard we're working on Ratchet & Clank for the PlayStation 4. We are going to release Outernauts on the Android platform. But short-term we are most excited about seeing fan reaction to Sunset Overdrive on Xbox One. It's a brand new IP on a big platform, one that has a lot of fans we know are interested in something different and fresh. The response so far has been fantastic.
Full interview: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-28-sunset-overdrive-the-ted-price-interview

Tizoc

What's the verdict on Raiden III? iS it playable with a Mouse or PS4 controller? I'm not worried about graphics but if it plays well enough I'll be OK with it.

Lain

For me looking at the Steam Store has become kinda annoying.

Being forced to see curator's opinions from people I don't follow when scrolling through a game's page. Being forced to open another page to see the real releases (why couldn't they allow people to filter stuff out of the full releases list, instead of making that popular new releases [click here to see the actual real full release list]?).
Having to scroll through a lot of stuff I'm not interested about to get to the daily/new releases.
The whole look of the store, with banding/artifacting on that weird blue fetish they now have, and how it doesn't fit too well with the dark blue at the top of the page. But that banding/artifacting, why?
The icons on icons, who thought it was a good way to go about showing something is in your library/on your wishlist? Put the icon near the game's name if you're that much convinced that using an icon is the way to go, not on the game's icon, covering 1/3 of it. Otherwise just do what ES does, make the tile a different color, which is a better/faster/more obvious way to distinguish between owned/on wishlist/not owned items and way less intrusive. At least ES fixes this, but the simple fact that one has to go to ES to fix it depresses me. Why haven't they hired Jshackles already?
Last but not least, the gradients. I'd love for the gradients to go away. Even from ES, to be quite honest.

Dr Dogg

Just testing some of the new DSR (Driver-level downsampling) in Bulletstorm and it works like a charm.

So how about some downsampling-inception tests. Would GeDoSaTo + DSR + a game with and Internal Resolution Scalling option and applying SSAA ontop work? Probally kill your card so I wouldn't recommend it ;)

Saying that Dead Space at 11520x6480 with 4xSGSSAA was about playable at 5-10fps on one 780.

KarmaCow

Payday2 - Hotline Miami DLC in Tuesday! [Warning, maybe loud music]
It seems to be the Hoxton breakout. Somehow.

They're tying it to the lead up to the Free Hoxton DLC but it's not the same. For one it costs $7 when the Free Hoxton DLC should be free. The community announcement also had this pic.
3ZH7xgX.jpg

Looks like you can't kick down doors like in Hotline Miami and need c4 to do it. :( Pretty sure that's a new gun too.

I wasn't expecting this to $7 like Big Bank, hopefully the heist itself substantial enough to warrant it. It doesn't have the usual "only $7 to host it but anyone can play it" qualifier but I imagine it will be the same. Though I doubt it will go on sale for Crimefest on Oct 18, still waiting on that to pick up the Assault Pack.

edit: Oh damn I just realised the new DS2 DLC comes out on the same day and Smash comes out three days later. So little time. :(

liezryou

So how about some downsampling-inception tests. Would GeDoSaTo + DSR + a game with and Internal Resolution Scalling option and applying SSAA ontop work? Probally kill your card so I wouldn't recommend it ;)

Saying that Dead Space at 11520x6480 with 4xSGSSAA was about playable at 5-10fps on one 780.

Would you even notice a visible difference on anything less than a 100 foot monitor/TV :p.

Shit man. Awesome deal for you! Hope you enjoy the upgrade and more of your game library :)

So, good news. I got an Intel Xeon server for all my backups and a new computer for the rest of my family (LOL), as well as a flat-screen monitor.

Bad news: no dual cores left when I got there. Will have to take the plunge and pick up a rig when I get the cash.

Turfster

For me looking at the Steam Store has become kinda annoying.

Being forced to see curator's opinions from people I don't follow when scrolling through a game's page

Oh, I guess the pages I tested just didn't have any curation stuff on them...
And here I was ready to praise Valve for doing something good.

The curation interface is a fucking joke as it's currently set up.
Anyway, quote this post if you want to see my curation page, all 3 of you that care =p

Jawmuncher

They're tying it to the lead up to the Free Hoxton DLC but it's not the same. For one it costs $7 when the Free Hoxton DLC should be free. The community announcement also had this pic.

Looks like you can't kick down doors like in Hotline Miami and need c4 to do it. :( Pretty sure that's a new gun too.

I wasn't expecting this to $7 like Big Bank, hopefully the heist itself substantial enough to warrant it. It doesn't have the usual "only $7 to host it but anyone can play it" qualifier but I imagine it will be the same. Though I doubt it will go on sale for Crimefest on Oct 18, still waiting on that to pick up the Assault Pack.

All I know is the music better be rocking in that level.

Tesseract

Banned
Use adblock. On chrome just click on the adblock icon and hover over the curator area till it becomes highlighted click on it and boom gone.

i usually interface with the store in the client, but i guess the times they are a changing.

Grief.exe

Better question would be, do you even need AA at that level of Downsampling?

Alien, Mordor and Smash.

R.I.P Wallet.

You best not be forgetting Binding of Isaac.

H1PSTER

You best not be forgetting Binding of Isaac.

I think that'll be free on PS+ so I'll get it there and most probably rebuy in the future.

How could I forget such a great game? Especially now I have a chance to get my girlfriend to play it.

Dr Dogg

Would you even notice a visible difference on anything less than a 100 foot monitor/TV :p.

Hahaha well on a serious note there's only so much information you can cram into a limited space. A bigger display isn't going to do too much if there's isn't the canvas to properly display it so while downsampling is great and all that an increase in panel resolution can yield better results.

Depends on the game, depends on the geometry, depends on the textures but at 7680x3240 and with 4xSGSSAA Dead Space 1 & 2 were aliasing free and stable in motion (even lower resolution effects). Without any AA it was still a bit temporally unstable under motion but even something as rudimentary as FXAA works wonders at bonkers resolutions let alone the king that is SGSSAA.

Edit: Still shots but try and spot signs of aliasing here.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119926528&postcount=153

Pachimari

Guys, do any of you play Final Fantasy XI?

How do I activate a registration code to get a PlayOnline account?

I'm super confused by this registration.

Gah, cashing in all my Humble Bundle Keys, looks like I made a fuck up somewhere, it's saying there's been "too many unsuccessful activation attempts", although I only really know of 1 just now, and to try again later. But they don't tell me how long it'll be...

On the bright side, I crossed the 250 game mark at least.

What's the point of making a game if (almost) nobody plays it?
Because it's better than no one playing it because the game doesn't exist. Even if it doesn't come to the PC more and more people will play it over the years as the game goes on sale and the Xbox One continues to expand its audience.

Grief.exe

PS Plus baby

I think that'll be free on PS+ so I'll get it there and most probably rebuy in the future.

Vita would be a good place to play Isaac.

Depends on the game, depends on the geometry, depends on the textures but at 7680x3240 and with 4xSGSSAA Dead Space 1 & 2 were aliasing free and stable in motion (even lower resolution effects). Without any AA it was still a bit temporally unstable under motion but even something as rudimentary as FXAA works wonders at bonkers resolutions let alone the king that is SGSSAA.

Edit: Still shots but try and spot signs of aliasing here.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119926528&postcount=153

That looks real nice.

Lain

Oh, I guess the pages I tested just didn't have any curation stuff on them...
And here I was ready to praise Valve for doing something good.

The curation interface is a fucking joke as it's currently set up.
Anyway, quote this post if you want to see my curation page, all 3 of you that care =p

Your comment on Pyrite Heart, describing it as an enjoyable shoujo romp, made it go up on my list of stuff to get.

Because it's better than no one playing it because the game doesn't exist. Even if it doesn't come to the PC more and more people will play it over the years as the game goes on sale and the Xbox One continues to expand its audience.

I'm just talking philosophically.
If you make a game and sales are abysmal, the likelihood of you getting to make another game in the future goes down by some factor.

If the guy needed money to complete the project, perhaps he should have gone the crowd-funding route instead.

Dr Dogg

That looks real nice.

In Dead Space's case it helps that they are all really easy to run as well as the deferred rendered goodness that is Visceral's engine.

Of course now you have a new toy to play with it's time to revisit the stunners of the past and see if you can't bring them up a level or three.
The Witcher 2 rendered at something stupid with Ubersampling at about 10fps said:

Tizoc

Something quick.
Something easy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ikaruga -- MB-6CC5EE43B51C7123 - Taken by Zeeman. 74 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-9348219693798FEB - Taken by Jadax. 61 entrants total.

t1411935662z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom