• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, do any of you play Final Fantasy XI?

How do I activate a registration code to get a PlayOnline account?

I'm super confused by this registration.

It's been a while since I played, but I think all code registration is done through the square enix account website now

xBladeM6x

Something quick.
Something easy.

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

I'm really liking FFIV DS remake, I hope SE will port Chrono Trigger and After Years soon.

Chrono Trigger is on DS as well. They added CG cutscenes and a soundtrack mode too. Which reminds me that I still need to beat it. I got pretty far when I had my DSlite and just ended up dropping it for some reason. Those flash carts sure did fuck up my attention span when it came to ds games

that's objectionable, i don't want totalbiscuit's bullshit on my beautiful teleglitch page.

i never asked for this.

Ok, Adam Jensen, we get it.

While I don't agree with the TB hate, I can tell you that you can use Stylebot to remove that section for now. And I believe that our main man JShackles is working on adding the ability to hide any sections you wish to ES, since the divs are now all properly id tagged.

Tesseract

Banned
Ok, Adam Jensen, we get it.

While I don't agree with the TB hate, I can tell you that you can use Stylebot to remove that section for now. And I believe that our main man JShackles is working on adding the ability to hide any sections you wish to ES, since the divs are now all properly id tagged.

good to hear, thanks

Turfster

Your comment on Pyrite Heart, describing it as an enjoyable shoujo romp, made it go up on my list of stuff to get.

It's rather cliché shoujo and they really need to spend some of the money they're getting from the sales on a real editor, but yeah, I enjoyed my playthrough.

Why didn't anyone tell me that Lost Planet 3 was like a Dead Space/Alien cross-breed sci-fi game thing?

Why did they send this game to die? Only an hour in but really digging it.

Jørdan

i8zMRrM.png

Has the client had a blue header for a while? I've only just noticed, it looks great until your eyes pass down and it stops abruptly leading with the grey for the most part. It would look much nicer if it was fully committed, it's a lovely shade and much preferred to the default grey. Welcoming the attention the client has received of late, a definite improvement and arguably the most important.

MQX

First time using Modbot. And made my first mistake -_-(doesn't show the image of the game/the link to the steam page of the game).

Edit: Nvm ;).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MQX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Receiver#Last chance? -- MB-10A482600D8E266C

t1411927862z1.png

Jørdan

First time using Modbot. And made my first mistake -_-(doesn't show the image of the game/the link to the steam page of the game).

It may be that Modbot was unable to recognize the title 'Receiver#Last chance?', so created the giveaway without the image link.

Edit: Or not :p

MQX

Jørdan;132016535 said:
It may be that Modbot was unable to recognize the title 'Receiver#Last chance?', so created the giveaway without the image link.

Edit: Or not :p

I've noticed that. So I've included the image/link by myself. Have learned something from my mistake ;).

Dr Dogg

I only took a quick look at the first image:

There's a fair few tell tale signs on the floor as well but pretty much every instance is due to shadow resolution not being scaled with rendering resolution. Some alpha effects like the outline of the Kinesis power are the same too.

How you liking Ethan Carter? Besides the visuals of course.

From the ModBot guide thread:
http://i.imgur.com/Xhh4nIS.png[img][/QUOTE]

I wish my Tie Fighter CD wasn't scratched so bad :(

Well it's not like I have an optical drive in anything but a laptop and an iMac anymore.

From the ModBot guide thread:
Xhh4nIS.png

We can tell people to RTFM all we want, but most people still won't.
Why do you think this thread is full of stuff like "is this game worth the sale price?"; apparently most people find it earier to ask in here than to google things (sometimes I'm guilty of this as well).

DocSeuss

woah, the new IL-2 is on Steam. I want itttt.

Unfortunately, I can't afford that special edition. Or the regular edition.

It won't matter--my desktop is gonna be GPU-less for a while. At least now I have a reason to get a GTX 970. Too bad replacing all my tires means that's probably not happening until some time next month.

Ozium

would people be down for a gaf game night of Chivalry? I recently got it on sale and it's pretty hilarious... will probably be sometime next week/end depending on what is popeultar

Jawmuncher

Just did the Ryuu route in pyrite heart.
The other guy has a lot of competition to beat that. I can say though for what this is I like it.

tmarg

Aim for the kneecaps.

I can't wait for Valve to start tweaking some of this stuff based on user feedback. Unfortunately, Valve time being what it is, I may be waiting awhile. :s

I'm not sure we are going to get any major changes soon. The people who were complaining the loudest about the store are now the people profiting by having links to their YouTube channels everywhere.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Hey in the Vanishing game, can you roam around wherever you like or are you mostly on fixed paths? Most videos I see are people following paths but i have seen the occasional wander.

Doesn't need to be a reason to roam, just curious if you can.

Hey in the Vanishing game, can you roam around wherever you like or are you mostly on fixed paths? Most videos I see are people following paths but i have seen the occasional wander.

I believe ~90% of the map is unlocked at the start of the game. There are 2 gated off areas that I can think of.

Kinda -- there's nothing stopping you from just walking to most places -- unless something is out of bounds -- I've seen that happen on steep cliffs, water, etc. but for the most part -- you could walk right by the first and second things if you wanted to and go find something else interesting.

It's very open and there's a distinct lack of instructions or direction.
Because of this, I failed to realize how a core mechanic worked for a bit.
When you investigate something and there's a word repeating with a question -- crank? rock? -- you are supposed to look around until the words converge and then you will be prompted to hold a and will be given a vision of where the missing item is.

One of the best things I can't rave about enough is that there is actually a sprint function. I didn't use it in that webm cause I wasn't aware of it yet. But it really helps for backtracking or getting from point a to b once you have a goal and have already explored.

Turfster

Got Shadow of Mordor thanks to BernardoOne!

My first Steam pre-load ohboy!

Be glad you can pick the drive these days.
The larger games became, the more it became a chore to fiddle around with drives and junctions to actually be able to preload since it used to always just dump it on your steam directory drive ;)

Dang man I want the folks staying in my room to get! I want to play more RE6 with my bro. That game is so bad that its good. Only did the first Jake mission so far

Levyne

Banned
The larger games became, the more it became a chore to fiddle around with drives and junctions to actually be able to preload since it used to always just dump it on your steam directory drive ;)

Yep, for sure. I had to always pre-load to my not-large SSD before.

Yep, for sure. I had to always pre-load to my not-large SSD before.

I just don't understand why anyone would install steam on their SSD if they had another drive they wanted Steam games to be installed to most of the time...

Never had this problem.
Steam and Origin have been installed to my 3TB "Steam" drive since day 1. :p

speaking of pre orders of digital items, I don't see the point of them unless you're going to offer me a discounted price since the whole point of pre orders is to guarantee me a copy, which isn't a problem with digital games.

speaking of pre orders of digital items, I don't see the point of them unless you're going to offer me a discounted price since the whole point of pre orders is to guarantee me a copy, which isn't a problem with digital games.
pre-order incentives on digital games are to ensure that the publisher sells a copy :p

NotSelf

I've been following it for a while, and it sounds pretty great. The whole idea of transferring cultural knowledge to the next generation through games is something that I think needs to be explored more.

Yes I also thought it was great that it's educational curious to see how that actually works out in the game.

Deitus

I just wish they added an easier way to get Steam to move a game from one drive to another.

Sure, you can manually move the directory to the other drive, and then have Steam reinstall, which works decently. But with games getting up to 30+ GB these days, it takes a considerable amount of time for Steam to check all the files are in order, and for some asinine reason you need twice the space the game takes up available on the drive you are moving it to, or it won't work. I would think it would be simple enough to add a feature in Steam client where it simply copy over the files itself, and then deletes the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom