• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

It's rather easy, if you're not able to find out what the supporter program exactly entails, why it exists and if it's worth it for you, it most likely isn't.

Signed up for a year, thanks. Now do I sell that hat asap before more of the subscriber through it on the market or do I wait x years until that thing becomes truly rare?

And Knytt Underground for one dollar: https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Sell it ASAP, price will crash as soon as it becomes craftable in game (which it will next patch probably).

It was a foolish idea of Swery to sign an exclusivity contract with Microsoft. You don't put all your eggs in one basket, especially in the beginning of a console generation, on the console historically awful in Japan and generally less popular with your target demographic.

And the fact that it's such a niche game, limiting it at all in terms off the amount of people that can play it is crazy, I would like to know why he went with MS, surely there was another publisher out there that would have been interested.

Dascu

Even if he could have completed the game without Microsoft's involvement, his company owns the game, so it's only a matter of time before he can take it elsewhere.

Well, I sure hope so. Partially because I want to play it myself on my PC, but mostly because I don't want to see him go out of business. I'm still salty over Cave pretty much dying after their Japanese Xbox exclusivity when they likely could've done good business on other platforms. Same with Yukio Futatsugi, though at least there's Phantom Dust.

Just to be clear, the Xbone is a fine console. But the decisions of some of these small and niche Japanese developers to go exclusive to that console and its predecessors have pretty much all turned out to be kind of terrible.

derExperte

I wouldn't bother holding on to it. Since hats can't be used up their value eventually peaks and plateaus, only varying with the market itself (e.g. buds have never been worth more than $40 or so and are currently worth about $34). On the flipside, the reason the Dota 2 Genuine F2P Collector's Pack is beginning to creep up in value again is that, since it's a bundle, it has to be unpacked for the items to be used, so eventually it's going to be worth a small fortune.

Good point about it not ever disappearing. And sold already.

Maybe I should invest the money into another F2P CE....

Sell it ASAP, price will crash as soon as it becomes craftable in game (which it will next patch probably).

But would that then be of 'genuine' quality or something else?

Tizoc

Just to be clear, the Xbone is a fine console. But the decisions of some of these small and niche Japanese developers to go exclusive to that console and its predecessors have pretty much all turned out to be kind of terrible.

Wish they'd see the potential of releasing their games on Steam :/ I don't mind slow releases every month, put everything all in one go and you make it difficult for consumers to choose their preferred game.

Parsnip

It was a foolish idea of Swery to sign an exclusivity contract with Microsoft. You don't put all your eggs in one basket, especially in the beginning of a console generation, on the console historically awful in Japan and generally less popular with your target demographic.

Games cost money to make, and Microsoft offered to foot the bill. I wouldn't call that foolish since in the end he got to make his game.

waby

Shadow of Mordor with season pass bought! I really like to commend our Lord Gaben for this ridiculous price adjustment for my country. I saw US price was like $60 for this package and I bought it with $30.

Edit:
I would like to play Gauntlet with some people. Anyone?

fantomena

After thinking about it. Ive got more fn with my 6-7 hours (2 playthroughs) of Ethan Carter Than my couple of hours of the boredom of Destiny.

Sarcasm

Anybody have a key which I can pay you back later or something? I do have a couple things in my inventory that I could trade for it.

liezryou

Good point about it not ever disappearing. And sold already.

Maybe I should invest the money into another F2P CE....

But would that then be of 'genuine' quality or something else?

No it wouldn't be genuine but regardless it would still crash the price down. Most people don't care about the genuine tag, they just care about the looks in game.

fantomena

Putin made me do it. Was gonna buy it on Steam sometime anyway.

9Vso4oh.png

Edit: 40 GB, fuck. Im more glad than ever that I chose to have Steam games installed on a 2 TB hdd.
Edit 2: 33 gb, okay, more like it.

Tizoc

9Vso4oh.png

Edit: 40 GB, fuck. Im more glad than ever that I chose to have Steam games installed on a 2 TB hdd.

How much did Putin presuade you with it?

Parsnip

Ugh, SoM... Any PC reviews with glaring crashes or bugs?

Secret of Mana doesn't have a PC version, yet.

Jokes aside, I wonder if Square will port the mobile version of SoM and FFT to PC, they've got the ball rolling with the other mobile ports already, just keep going.

I'll be passing on SoM for now since funds are tight since I've just paid my tuition.
Since the price in the PH store for the game + season pass is only 1,529.95php (1699.95php regular price) ~ 34 usd (37.84) is not Ubi-levels of extortion, I should be able to join you guys by my next paycheck.

fantomena

Nice though you could've gotten the game+season pass for $31 from a trader I linked to a few posts back ;3

Im note entirely sure if i would have bought it anwyay. Ive given up season passes after my mistakes by buying season passes I never intended to play.

This time I will actually research the content of the season passes when all the content is out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's not correct. RPS simply won't get a PC version to test until then.

Ah, seems you're right. A recent PC Gamer article mentions that there's no review simply because the game was received just a few days ago.

Milamber

I'll be passing on SoM for now since funds are tight since I've just paid my tuition.
Since the price in the PH store for the game + season pass is only 1,529.95php (1699.95php regular price) ~ 34 usd (37.84) is not Ubi-levels of extortion, I should be able to join you guys by my next paycheck.

I have half a mind to reactivate my BPI account and shovel my funds back there to avail of the PH Steam pricing.

Ah, seems you're right. A recent PC Gamer article mentions that there's no review simply because the game was received just a few days ago.

A few days is more than enough to install and rush through it for any CTD's or lock ups.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Full Bore -- MB-375DB0477D4245A1 - Taken by nightstorm
Syder Arcade -- MB-6DAEEE765BF6F2EE - Taken by anastef
The Shivah -- MB-03D31678BDAA3A54 - Taken by Sendou
Brazen Prototype -- MB-2F86F6699DA8BFFD - Taken by Diedac
Brazen Prototype #2 -- MB-FA3929EA9E73A089 - Taken by NingenJanai
Brazen Prototype #3 -- MB-08A5F79CE7C58260 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-A84400B089C34540 - Taken by Milamber
Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-326CF74F02E91944 - Taken by cardinalmind
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-CAB448097DAB000B - Taken by abracadaver
Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-E2866D3F0F965C70 - Taken by Atraveller
Cortex Command -- MB-749F1B7771D4A0EB - Taken by Dusk Golem
Savant - Ascent -- MB-0F74CC18E3B221B8 - Taken by Saty

I have half a mind to reactivate my BPI account and shovel my funds back there to avail of the PH Steam pricing.

Yeah, you should. The store prices are now very competitive, and the retail stores in our country now are dropping their prices from the absurd levels before.

Tizoc

Im note entirely sure if i would have bought it anwyay. Ive given up season passes after my mistakes by buying season passes I never intended to play.

This time I will actually research the content of the season passes when all the content is out.

That's my feeling towards it now, but hey Jase and OCD nudges one to get the game and its cut out content lol.

The_Monk

Morning everyone and happy Sunday!

Can anyone please post how many Profile slots one can have and at which level one get another one? I'm talking about those thing on your profile such Screenshot showcase, achievements showcase, etc.

JaseC

Morning everyone and happy Sunday!

Can anyone please post how many Profile slots one can have and at which level one get another one? I'm talking about those thing on your profile such Screenshot showcase, achievements showcase, etc.

You get your first at level 10 and another one for each level thereafter. There's a limit of 16 because there are only 16 showcase items, although some don't show up by default (e.g. "My Guides" won't appear if you haven't published a guide).

Anteater

urban trial is kind of boring, hate the engine sound too for some reason, lol, had to turn down the sound effects.

it seems like they added the save feature in that abyss odyssey, time to get back to it

Dr Dogg

I'm calling it now, PC SoM will be a terribly unoptimized port on launch.

If by 'unoptomised' you mean folks with 5 year old plus hardware or supposed gaming laptops trying to run this with every setting turned on or up and then get performance issues, then sure. Other than that it's impossible to know unless someone wants to go through and break down the performance cost for each and every selectable effect or setting, over various resolutions and give an analysis of the game and it's scalability then any judgement would be speculation and assumption at best.

I'd love a site to take on GameGPU's lead and test games outside of hardware reviews and give a break down on a staggering amount of hardware combinations. PCGH sometimes do but there needs to be a bit more quality analysis out there. But fuck it we live in a world where some folks think a Digital Foundry 'verdict' is the be all and end all so what's the point.

The_Monk

You get your first at level 10 and another one for each level thereafter. There's a limit of 16 because there are only 16 showcase items, although some don't show up by default (e.g. "My Guides" won't appear if you haven't published a guide).

Thanks for answering! 16 is a lot, is it even possible to fit all those in your profile? So you get +1 at level 10, 20, 30 and so on. Correct?

JaseC

Thanks for answering! 16 is a lot, is it even possible to fit all those in your profile? So you get +1 at level 10, 20, 30 and so on. Correct?

Yeah and yeah.

Hey guys, for reference, is it any TF2 Key or specifically Mann Co. Supply Crate Keys?

Depends on the trader, but all of the other key types are more expensive, so the point is moot, really.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
i don't know what's up with me but I'm inclined to get Mordor on PS4 :/ don't think my 280X can get me Ultra Textures right. haha. anyway who's upgraded to 970?
So let me get this straight. You might not be able to max one setting and that is pushing you to get a console version that is likely a notch below the PC settings across the board?

Grief.exe

9Vso4oh.png

Keep in mind 33GB is the compressed pre-load, which will unpack to 40. There is also an HD Texture pack on top of that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have returned from Europe, and I have a cold!

Anything interesting happen in the last month?

-coughIknowI'maskingalot-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom