• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh actual Steam question...shocking, I know

Can you install just 1 game on a seperate drive, say a ssd, and the rest on your main drive?

I know steam lets you choose drives now but Im not sure if its on a per game basis

Volimar

I feel really uncomfortable having so many poors who know nothing in this thread. Not sure how others feel but I really think it would be better if there was a minimum hardware requirement to post in this thread. Nothing too crazy by PC standards, perhaps a single GTX Titan Z?

I'm a know nothing.

It's not my fault. People try to explain things to me, but...

cZdUuqY.gif

Turfster

Can you install just 1 game on a seperate drive, say a ssd, and the rest on your main drive?

I know steam lets you choose drives now but Im not sure if its on a per game basis

Yes.
You can choose a new drive when starting any download.

Steam > Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders. Allows you to have multiple library spaces, and every time you download a game, it'll ask you which one. Dunno which it will default to, mine defaults to my harddrive rather than SSD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes.
You can choose a new drive when starting any download.

ok cool, I want to install 1 game and 1 game only on that ssd.
Yes, its that game
. How big is windows again? like 80gigs?

xBladeM6x

I feel really uncomfortable having so many poors who know nothing in this thread. Not sure how others feel but I really think it would be better if there was a minimum hardware requirement to post in this thread. Nothing too crazy by PC standards, perhaps a single GTX Titan Z?

Fuck are you on about. That standard is ridiculously low. Requirement to post in this thread should be at least Dual Quadro K6000.

Rudakus

These middle class posters are the worst thinking they are doing it right... they don't even know bout the secret forum here on Gaf let alone the GTX 50 bajillion... Jeesh ;P

You laugh, but until February of next year I'll be rocking a rig equivalent to a PS3/360. The Witcher 2's art direction and the sweet chance to see Dark Souls in 60fps pushed me over the edge- along with Civ BE.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So what's good that's on sale this week? Was thinking about picking up Pool Nation for a buck.

but unavalable.

i'm sad because i lose my files, and can't retrieve it.
If it's anything like other freeware games that disappeared, like Psi Ops or Command and Conquer, it's probably still available on some old fileplanet equivalent out there if you get googling.

though I have no idea if they still work

Li Kao

This easy. You don't need an SLI bridge but you need your main GPU in the top PCIe slot and then put the GPU you want to run PhysX off of in any other PCIe slot on you board (preferable spaced out so both cards can breath a little). And then select that card to do PhysX in Nvidia Control Panel like so.

Mmh, but didn't you say that in some games this whole second card for physx could produce slowdowns ? And will the second card always pump up energy or will it take juice just when needed ?
Just trying to evaluate the interest of it all for me.

Kifimbo

Little gem:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Offspring Fling -- MB-585A1212D0EF85F8 - Taken by gaiadyne

Rhaknar

Mmh, but didn't you say that in some games this whole second card for physx could produce slowdowns ? And will the second card always pump up energy or will it take juice just when needed ?
Just trying to evaluate the interest of it all for me.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand now im worried :/

Turfster

they are not available anymore in their site
but you can download them from steam
If you got one of the subs that included them, yes.
Not all subs include them, though. See above.
It's a bit of a crapshoot to find one these days.
The fact that the gamersgate pack now has them is a change from the last time it went on sale there, for example.

GaussTek

Damn, I don't remember where I bought the GTA package last year, but I didn't get GTA 1 and 2 (and, don't want to spend $8 just for those two) =(

Kiru

How long will the GTA sale last? Really want to get all games before the keys get replaced with ones without 1&2. Still going to offer 4 keys to anyone who can get me the pack. :/

L.O.R.D

If you got one of the subs that included them, yes.
Not all subs include them, though. See above.
It's a bit of a crapshoot to find one these days.
The fact that the gamersgate pack now has them is a change from the last time it went on sale there, for example.

so , the sub in steam and from gamesgate never mention 1 and 2
but they are included anyway

Shadownet

Banned
Smash Bros 3DS the better game
Not really, you better off waiting for the Wii U version.
http://kotaku.com/what-i-love-and-hate-about-super-smash-bros-3ds-so-far-1634539701

To be clear, the Korra game doesn't come out until October 21st. Shadownet was talking about the new season of the show starting on Friday.

I'm on complete media blackout on everything relating to Season 4. I want to wait to see whats new in Season 4. The final season. This week is going to be so awesome with Persona 4 Ultimax, Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments, Shadow of Mordor, Korra Season 4, and I guess Super Smash Brothers.. for the 3DS.
HA!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jørdan;132208487 said:
No carousel? Fuck. Yes. Would it be possible to add the weeklong deals pane to the hit list please.

tMQmLfx.png

That's the one in the picture that's labeled as "Spotlight". It hides/shows the Weeklong Deals, Midweek Madness, and Weekend Deals.

Deitus

Yeah, having played the 3DS demo, I feel like waiting for the Wii U version is the way to go. Of course I'll have to buy a Wii U first, but details.

I'm on complete media blackout on everything relating to Season 4. I want to wait to see whats new in Season 4. The final season. This week is going to be so awesome with Persona 4 Ultimax, Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments, Shadow of Mordor, Korra Season 4, and I guess Super Smash Brothers.. for the 3DS.
HA!

It is a crazy week. I'm only picking up P4A Ultimax and Shadow of Mordor (and of course watching Korra), but that already feels like a lot.

Shadownet

Banned
It is a crazy week. I'm only picking up P4A Ultimax and Shadow of Mordor (and of course watching Korra), but that already feels like a lot.

Deitus we should have a Legend of Korra Party. We can watch the episode together and talk about it on Steam :D
----
Also can someone give me a summary of the Mordor Performance Review Thread? We don't technically need a 6GB GPU to run it on High or Max do we? Whats going on here?
I have a GTX 760 Twin Frozr (2GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom