• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better things come to those who wait longer.

Driveclub next week. But it'll probably be worse.
Pffft
iFMdLkS19hffH.gif

2368321-8664735969-i7uOf.gif
I will have both

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Stop taunting us.

Well, I wrote this guide over a year ago that's still (mostly) valid.

It'll show you how to set up the Github for Windows application and use it to sync the latest development channel changes to Enhanced Steam.

I'm happy to help anyone get this set up, I just hope that you'll report any bugs you find. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Forza Horizon 2 is coming out on Steam? sweet

because otherwise why would we be posting various gifs of it here right? right guys?

nofunallowed.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
By the way, this new curation thing is pretty awesome. Really nice bump in sales. I saw a similar thing when Steam Tags were introduced, but it was nowhere near this pronounced.

ricochetguro said:
Who cares when it looks cool :p

Yeah I guess. :p

Well, I wrote this guide over a year ago that's still (mostly) valid.

It'll show you how to set up the Github for Windows application and use it to sync the latest development channel changes to Enhanced Steam.

I'm happy to help anyone get this set up, I just hope that you'll report any bugs you find. ;)

If I use the new dev build on computer A and have chrome sync enabled on machines B and C -- will it carry through?

Zafir

Forza Horizon 2 doesn't unlock till Friday in the UK. >.< I could try and mess around switching my console to a different country I guess. Think I'll be rather busy with Shadow of Mordor, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
End every Forza post with "Wish it was on Steam" to keep it on-topic. That works, right?
You're right. I'm gonna watch Antz on Netflix right now.

It's not on Steam, but since Indie Game: The Movie is being sold there, it may very well be :p

DocSeuss

Welp

I will not have a GPU after today for... a while. My freelance work means I can afford a new GPU, but Amazon has no ETA for its arrival.

derExperte

Is that driveclub in the gif?

I wish. Not that DC looks bad, just a little tame in comparison and it could end up like Destiny with too little content and features coming at a later date (e.g. weather). Can't complain though since I'll only pay 20&#8364;.

I wish. Not that DC looks bad, just a little tame in comparison and it could end up like Destiny with too little content and features coming at a later date (e.g. weather). Can't complain though since I'll only pay 20€.
I wasn't too hot on Drive Club but the latest footage looks pretty unbelievable. Nice to see so many high quality arcade racers lately.

I wish. Not that DC looks bad, just a little tame in comparison and it could end up like Destiny with too little content and features coming at a later date (e.g. weather). Can't complain though since I'll only pay 20€.

I already have Horizon 2 pre-loaded and ready to play and getting DriveClub as a late birthday present

~cue the why not both pic~

Miguel81

new driver problems?

They haven't fixed the GPU scaling issues. It's just an issue because I use VBA-M regularly and it needs GPU scaling for a proper aspect ratio. The OpenGL backend is running super-fast in that, too -- never did that before, even without vsync. Next game to test is Doom 3 BFG.

AMD's support forum is down so I can't post a message there atm. No biggie, 14.4 was fine for the games that I've been playing, but The Evil Within is looming.

Zabi

Banned
Someone has probably already done this but even if someone already has I may as well show another side of it.

I just finished sweeping through Steam queue, that means I finished clicking "Add to Wishlist" or "Not Interested" on the 3000+ games on Steam that were not either in my library or on my wishlist. This has had a interesting effect on my store page. For example, the front image which changes between a few different images is currently only showing one game from my wishlist. Clicking either the left or right arrows just changes to another of the same image. Under "Recommended For You" only one of two particular games ever appears. For some reason, its fine for one but not both of them to be in those two slots. Weird.

qOjshe3.png

Then there is my more recommendations section. As you can see, it has gotten to be really small and what is there is stuff from my wishlist.

edY9ZhY.png

Zafir

Yeah, I only got Driveclub as well because it was relatively cheap. Didn't pay as little as you, but I can tolerate paying £28. Wouldn't have bothered at £40.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If I use the new dev build on computer A and have chrome sync enabled on machines B and C -- will it carry through?

Nope, it's considered a completely separate entry on each PC (it will have a different unique identifier on the extensions page) so the settings won't sync between PCs. But it won't interfere with the settings from your "regular" install.

gah that is not how hood reflections wooooooorrrrrrkkkkkkkk

It's not how driving through bushes works either.

Nope, it's considered a completely separate entry on each PC (it will have a different unique identifier on the extensions page) so the settings won't sync between PCs. But it won't interfere with the settings from your "regular" install.

Balls.
I want it to sync -- I have github set up with python over on my win 8.1 netbook -- but I want it on this laptop, my RHEL 6.5 version -- I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to clone the repo from this machine and install it without having to power on the netbook, clone the dev branch, zip it up in an archive, and throwing it up on google drive or something.

liezryou

Well, if the scam is to take your money and not give you games, then you successfully didn't get scammed.

On the other hand, if the scam is to take your credit card information and abuse it and/or sell your email address to others or otherwise compromise your personal info, then uh oh...

That email thing is a common practice on cd key resalers. If you use paypal they cant' get your CC info.

jshackles

Balls.
I want it to sync -- I have github set up with python over on my win 8.1 netbook -- but I want it on this laptop, my RHEL 6.5 version -- I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to clone the repo from this machine and install it without having to power on the netbook, clone the dev branch, zip it up in an archive, and throwing it up on google drive or something.

Well it's a few extra steps, but you could download the zip directly from Github, extract it, then load it into Chrome. To update it you would simply download the zip again, overwrite the existing files/directory then refresh it in Chrome.

Yeah, I only got Driveclub as well because it was relatively cheap. Didn't pay as little as you, but I can tolerate paying £28. Wouldn't have bothered at £40.

How much is the upgrade from PS+ version to full retail?

Someone has probably already done this but even if someone already has I may as well show another side of it.

Somewhat related, if you make your own curator group, you will automatically be subscribed to it. If you then decide not to follow any other curators? The main store page will show 4 of your curated titles.

It was pretty rad having my section display Yaiba, MGR:R, Killer is Dead, and Dark Souls 2 all the time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom