• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well I'm getting 80fps on average with everything maxed out ... not bad :p I wonder how much lower it'll get when they add those ultra textures

Miguel81

Smokey got 3 Titan Blacks.

Lnx5NwP.jpg

Benchmark does seem oddly undemanding though. There are gameplay scenes I've seen in previews with dozens of orcs and far more going on compared to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
creepy ass antichrist hellspawn Zeliard is getting 59fps fully maxed with ultra textures on his 970 aparently, which does NOT have 6gb vram

welp, now what? I dont know what to believe anymore, my beliefs are shattered, I guess there's only one thing to do...

eat taffy

The game is completely vendor-agnostic.

I love it when you talk dirty

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
creepy ass antichrist hellspawn Zeliard is getting 59fps fully maxed with ultra textures on his 970 aparently, which does NOT have 6gb vram

welp, now what? I dont know what to believe anymore, my beliefs are shattered, I guess there's only one thing to do...

I believe the ultra texture pack isn't out yet .... and the "ultra" setting still just loads the "high" version of textures

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I believe the ultra texture pack isn't out yet .... and the "ultra" settings still just loads the "high" version of textures

its out, you can force the download, its like 3.7gb. for not knowing that, you will call me "young master" from now on, even if im like twice your age

right click DLC on the game in the library, make sure HD pack is checked, someone posted a picture of how to do it in the performance thread, let me dig it up

ibqhsoeHOoNw8U.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I believe the ultra texture pack isn't out yet .... and the "ultra" settings still just loads the "high" version of textures

The pack is not yet on the store, but it has released and has a FoD sub, so you can get it by just clicking the install link.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - HD Content Remove Complimentary

Then it's just a matter of going to the game's properties window and enabling the DLC.

moredoorhdfbifu.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You did the right thing, DF deserve no money after their Spacebase DF9 scam.

what is truly worse in life, taking money for a mediocre half-finished game, or stringing along fans hopes for 10 years for what will certainly end up being a mediocre half-finished game?

Miguel81

As expected, I didn't see any 8320/8350 benchmarks. Unless, I missed one. Such a shame that I have too many games on my plate, as I would purchase this one to test my modest rig.

what is truly worse in life, taking money for a mediocre half-finished game, or stringing along fans hopes for 10 years for what will certainly end up being a mediocre half-finished game?

DF promised a lot of features and they haven't fullfilled them

My problem is not about the game being good, bad, or mediocre, it's about people paying for something and not even getting half of what was promised.

ironmang

Posted this on the PC thread. Thought it was worth asking here too:

Have kind of a strange request for a specific keyboard and figured this was the best place to ask. Right now my desk is pretty damn small and the space for mousepad+keyboard is very limited. I've had a small mousepad for awhile but I'm looking to upgrade it to a QcK Heavy and as such I need a smaller keyboard. I want both the standard sized keys with a number pad beside it but either no arrow keys or have them above the rest (height of the keyboard doesn't matter, width is the part that's limited).

Figure this might be too odd of a request but it couldn't hurt to ask. Easier to purchase a keyboard than a new desk.

edit: I could get one without the number pad and buy a usb one. this one from amazon is the best I've found so far. Open to suggestions though.

Smash88

Banned
Just want to clarify something, and lactose_intolerant brought up a good point. This game uses ~4.8GB of VRAM (Shadow of Mordor), the closest card that have those cabilities are custom video cards or GTX Titans. I see why they recommended a 6GB card. Will it cause you to lose major frames or experience chugging because of a 800MB VRam usage (if you have a GTX 970/980), no. You will be fine. But I see why they recommended it.

But those with anything less than a 4GB VRAM card (if you want to play with Ultra textures), will experience chugging, so be forewarned.

SoM runs pretty good at Ultra, but the rain in the beginning knocked it to like 40-50 with everything up.

This game's gonna look great in a few years when we can all max it with 100fps :D

Unfortunately my play was cut short, since I am waiting for Playfire rewards to (hopefully) go live tomorrow morning.

ironmang

Mokoi

Banned
If it's a video you can just delete it and be one step closer to an intro-logoless utopia.

Do you not like the Nvidia! intro video in your games? How could you dislike that fine video. It's the only intro video I actually enjoy seeing play. Perhaps you just have bad taste Marco. Although it would be great if you could check off an option that would let you skip intros without having to use workarounds to it like changing the launch options or deleting the vid.

MetalDeer

Hmm.. does Steam Overlay not work in The Banner Saga for anyone else? The game's really pretty, and I'd like to take screenshots. I know there's other ways to take screenshots, but remembering to launch Fraps or something sounds like a hassle.

It's a really great game so far, though. I Love the artstyle and the music. Still trying to get a hang of the combat and moral system, though; This playthrough is not looking too good.

Shadownet

Banned
IS playfire rewards only for EU? I went on the website and the currency is in pound. What can you redeem the money for?

Also this game is amazing. The combat and gameplay is like AC + Batman.

Finally you feel like a badass, playing as Talion is like playing with the speed of an elf, the strength of a dwarf and the tenacity of a human.

GOTY contender. I'm calling it.

KarmaCow

IS playfire rewards only for EU? I went on the website and the currency is in pound. What can you redeem the money for?

It's at least also available in NA, the currency was converted to USD in my GMG account and I'm in Canada. You can use the credit on anything AFAIK, but credit can't be used with a coupon which kills a lot of the deals.

Ozium

so much hype for shadows of mordor.. the hype and interest in the game will crash within a week or two...

civ beyond earth will deliver hundreds of hours of enjoyment and be played for years to come--no hype.

neogaf.gif

Do you not like the Nvidia! intro video in your games? How could you dislike that fine video. It's the only intro video I actually enjoy seeing play. Perhaps you just have bad taste Marco. Although it would be great if you could check off an option that would let you skip intros without having to use workarounds to it like changing the launch options or deleting the vid.
I can look at it, it's the audio that drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom