• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

In answer to my own question from earlier: the Alien: Isolation review embargo seemingly lifts in ~8 hours time.

Jørdan;132681779 said:
pZKLFky.png

Steamdb graphs are fascinating, these are global values correct?

I repeatedly underestimate the Football Managers.

Deitus

I must not have been posting in this thread during the glorious golden age before it was apparently ruined. But I like this thread and the people in it, so I guess it wasn't ruined too bad for me. Yeah, it regularly goes off topic, and sometimes it goes completely off the rails (usually someone is quick to point this out when it happens, and it usually clears pretty quickly). But it's also a lot of fun, and there's actually tons of on topic discussion about Steam, Steam games, Steam sales, and other general PC topics.

It's a shame that some seem to be so put off by certain aspects of the thread that they can't see all the good parts. Although if someone dislikes the thread so much, it's probably in their best interest not to continue to read and post in it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
header.jpg

I haven't finished the game, on chapter 4, but holy hell, I'm not kidding you guys, its probably one of the best horror games to release so far this year. It's really good and gets better and better as it goes on. I'm really going to recommend it.

Well, reading that is something to look forward to, at least.

Guess I should focus on The Witcher games since I was recently gifted 3, but I can't get into TW1. )~:

2 is easier to get into, in my opinion. Honestly, you don't need to play 1 to understand 2 anyway, just like you don't need to read the books to really understand the plot of the games.

The books are still good though.

smash in 10 minutes guyses

cywEURq.png

stump dont delete this plz

That feel when I won't be able to get it until tomorrow afternoon ;_____;

I really want the new Smash but I don't want to buy a Wii U. When is it coming to Steam?

Look on the bright side, you don't have to buy a Wii U; you can get a 3DS!

Miguel81

I'm watching Alien right now to get into the mood. I'm pretty hyped for it.

Revisions of the film are coming up on the 7th. The first has a 35th anniversary with mostly just trinkets as extras. Great appetizer before starting up Isolation.

Will my definitive bluray copies no longer be definitive?

Hold on there, guys. Your Anthology(?) copies are still definitive. These seem to be just revisions(cases, artwork, etc.)

Jørdan

I repeatedly underestimate the Football Managers.

Yeah, they are crazy popular with fairly long play sessions I'd wager. I think the recent ones are tied to Steam aren't they? Still the earlier games in the series do well too. Even the Classic mode is too detailed for my tastes, I prefer the faster stripped down versions from years back.

Mozendo

I heard Joe's Adventure DLC continues with the ending a little.
Oh I didn't even know Joe had a DLC. I'll check that out during the next sale hopefully.

TW2 had a basic summary of TW1 at the title menu somewhere I think.
I'll give it about one or two more hours before doing that. I always prefer experiencing the game rather than reading about the story.

How far did you get into it? It started to click for me when I reached the 2nd chapter.
I'm still in chapter 1, I don't mind the story but find the gameplay so far to be dull.

Jørdan;132681779 said:
pZKLFky.png
I tried, really I did but the combat, constant sheathing and cut-scene interference was driving me nuts.
Yup :|

Strider

Whats the consensus on Mordor? I still have a copy in my inventory.

I've only heard good things from those that have played it and it reviewed well too. If it interests you I highly doubt it'll disappoint.

--

I've watched any and everything about Beyond Earth so far except the livestream they did today. I just wanna destroy som e siege worms yo. These next 22 days are gonna go by sloooooow.

AsfaeksBR

Can't decide which to get first: Watch Dogs or Shadow of Mordor.
I really want both, but the things that are making me stay on the fence are:

- Finished GTAV not a while ago, so I don't know if I have the balls to play a kind-of-samey type of game.
- Still have to play Freedom Cry and I plan on getting AC Unity. And I'll be playing Styx, which is a kinda-samey type of game, so I don't think I'll enjoy SoM as much if I get in it tired of the gameplay.

But still, it has to be one of them!
Help me Gaf :°(

Shadownet

Banned
Whats the consensus on Mordor? I still have a copy in my inventory.

Lets hope it's not a Russian copy? That would be bad. Also its great. Everyone seem to like it or love it.

Also I have a GameStop coupon code for Buy 2 get 1 Free Pre-owned game. If you want it, just PM me. I have no use for it. Don't want it to go to waste.

- Finished GTAV not a while ago, so I don't know if I have the balls to play a kind-of-samey type of game.
- Still have to play Freedom Cry and I plan on getting AC Unity. And I'll be playing Styx, which is a kinda-samey type of game, so I don't think I'll enjoy SoM as much if I get in it tired of the gameplay.

Watch_Dogs is poo. So... Mordor.

Strider

I havent even played Mordor but go with that. Great impressions all around and just trust me on this... You dont want to play Watch Dgos directly after GTAV.

Speaking of Steam metrics... One of my achievement showcases on my profile is of the rarest achievements I have, and every single one of them is from Dishonored's Challenge DLC.

If anyone knows, I'm interested if it's because so few people bought that DLC, or if they didn't bother getting the achievements. Each of them says "less than .3% of players" and that seems strangely low for some raisin.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of Steam metrics... One of my achievement showcases on my profile is of the rarest achievements I have, and every single one of them is from Dishonored's Challenge DLC.

If anyone knows, I'm interested if it's because so few people bought that DLC, or if they didn't bother getting the achievements. Each of them says "less than .3% of players" and that seems strangely low for some raisin.

I think most people just didn't bother with it.
What does Bridgemoor witches look like? That was a actual story DLC.

Catshade

If anyone knows, I'm interested if it's because so few people bought that DLC, or if they didn't bother getting them. Each of them says less than .3% of players.

If they're like me, I own the base game and waiting for a 75% off sale on the DLCs; I refuse to buy the GOTY edition.

AsfaeksBR

Watch_Dogs is poo. So... Mordor.

I havent even played Mordor but go with that. Great impressions all around and just trust me on this... You dont want to play Watch Dgos directly after GTAV.

Jørdan;132684320 said:
Not from personal experience but from what I've heard SoM, giving yourself time to research into Watch_Dogs which sounds like it needs whacked with a newspaper.

Okay, I'll go with Mordor.
What really interessed me in Watch_Dogs was the Bad_Blood DLC. Too bad it's not Standalone as Freedom Cry. Id love to play it!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The challenge DLC had some tough achievements IIRC. I'm dreading attempting a few of them still.

Miguel81

I just want know. If I purchase Street Fighter IV AE Edition and then get the Ultra upgrade, will it overwrite the previous, or will there be two listings on my Steam list?

Edit: Thanks guys for the quick response!

Nabs

I just want know. If I purchase Street Fighter IV AE Edition and then get the Ultra upgrade, will it overwrite the previous, or will there be two listings on my Steam list?

It's just one entry. SFIVAE is now known as Ultra SFIV because Capcom isn't very good at this stuff.

I think most people just didn't bother with it.
What does Bridgemoor witches look like? That was a actual story DLC.

For Brigmore Witches, the mandatory story-related achievements only have around 5%. Knife of Dunwall's achievement for beating the first mission only has 8.5%.

The challenge DLC had some tough achievements IIRC. I'm dreading attempting a few of them still.

Even difficult achievements should have more than this, though. Explorer in Metro 2033 has 2% ffs. Perplexing.

-Deimos

Well, reading that is something to look forward to, at least.

2 is easier to get into, in my opinion. Honestly, you don't need to play 1 to understand 2 anyway, just like you don't need to read the books to really understand the plot of the games.

The books are still good though.

That feel when I won't be able to get it until tomorrow afternoon ;_____;

Look on the bright side, you don't have to buy a Wii U; you can get a 3DS!
Wow, you're absolutely right. Brb, buying a 3DS.

Shade

Old bundle stuff. Take it. It needs a home.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
alien shooter 2 conscription -- MB-5CD95FE347B72949 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
star wolves 3 -- MB-57844EF25AA6DFEC - Taken by Rand6. 3 entrants total.
hammerfight -- MB-B5B589D72FF6DDB1 - Taken by danhese007. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite V2 DLC -- MB-1BE2DADB44CD72B1 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
alien shooter -- MB-629B62724BD09174 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
tower wars -- MB-5681DF2C56E077B9 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Krater -- MB-095FC67142B00905 - Taken by Berlok. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
zombie shooter -- MB-263FC814F687F706 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
zombie shooter 2 -- MB-BAECBEB8E5529C18 - Taken by abracadaver. 1 entrants total.
macguffins curse -- MB-B350945B16EB5D36 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
alien hallway -- MB-FB671FC9C4CCCFD9 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
saira -- MB-69A832602CA326C2 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
alien shooter 2 reloaded -- MB-6BB591A27878FACF

t1412311159z1.png

So many "crap" icons..........

Jørdan

What really interessed me in Watch_Dogs was the Bad_Blood DLC. Too bad it's not Standalone as Freedom Cry. Id love to play it!

If you see something that interests you like that then definitely look into it, I just wouldn't recommend spending big bucks on a game so heavily criticized until your sure yourself you could find enjoyment in it. I've certainly found a lot of games enjoyable that have been thought poor quality for whatever reason, if there is an element that you can latch onto then great :)

Shadownet

Banned

From the 1 review I read so far about Bad Blood DLC. It's more or less the same as Watch Dogs. Nothing interesting. the only cool thing about it is the Remote Control RC that you can use to attack enemies with.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For Brigmore Witches, the mandatory story-related achievements only have around 5%. Knife of Dunwall's achievement for beating the first mission only has 8.5%.

To be fair most people are probably getting the GOTY edition at this point so they aren't consciously buying the DLC to play it.

To be fair most people are probably getting the GOTY edition at this point so they aren't consciously buying the DLC to play it.

I'd definitely be interested in knowing the DLC sales spread. For Dishonored and other Bethesda games, really. How many of the thousands still playing Skyrim own Dragonborn, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom