• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I didn't know about Shovel Knight, either! I must have still been using Motionjoy when I played it, so it didn't register correctly! :O

Yay, Squeenix! I would be really surprised if FFXIII didn't have PS button prompts as well!

I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight only has the PS Button prompts if you have a DS4, just like Transistor. Because I certainly don't remember getting them when I played it.

Miguel81

I'm pretty sure Shovel Knight only has the PS Button prompts if you have a DS4, just like Transistor. Because I certainly don't remember getting them when I played it.

So, it's only in DirectInput mode, and did Transistor have vibration feedback? I had read that native DI support does not allow that on the DS4.

Mono

Aa, okay!

I'm so tempted to get a DS4 for PC even though I don't have a PS4; it looks so much nicer than the DS3!

Miguel81

Aa, okay!

I'm so tempted to get a DS4 for PC even though I don't have a PS4; it looks so much nicer than the DS3!

The white one is especially gorgeous, and I can't help but stare at it every once in a while. My white DS3 is feeling unloved.

Focus on converting them to your cause. Are you talking about those things you can ride? I'm still kind of early in the game.

Yeah, I apparently should have unlocked the ride ability ASAP.

Pretty sweet game, though.

I've actually been playing on the PS4 and find that, for a multiplat game, it sure uses the controller's internal speaker a lot.

Mono

The white one is especially gorgeous, and I can't help but stare at it every once in a while. My white DS3 is feeling unloved.

QixcqF7.jpg

Oh gosh, that's a gorgeous controller!

It's much nicer than the DS3

Did they fix the weird, squishy shoulder triggers while keeping the exact same awesome dpad design?

xeris

Gosh, that's great...well, for those lucky enough to snag it. Nice one! Pricing errors, bless them.

I've been holding out for a good time to pick up the Old Gods for CKII, as I've largely been avoiding playing it (and EUIV) until I flesh out their DLC collections a bit. Paradox are hard to keep up with.

Old Gods is 75% off during the weekend sale. So 3.74 USD.

Meesh

Silly question here, I'm new to steam, how does it work?
Are my downloads kept on my PC? Can I have them stored on more than one PC?
Should I be worried about digital copy ownership, is there any downside?(paranoid Nintendo gamer here.)

Finally I love me some RPGs, what are the best big and indie ones?

Levyne

Banned
Should I be worried about digital copy ownership, is there any downside?(paranoid Nintendo gamer here.)

You can choose what to download and to what computer. You can download them in multiple places OR stream from one main pc to others on the same network.

I wouldn't really be worried about ownership. Some games do have other DRM (Uplay, etc).

My favorite "Big" Rpgs would be The Last Remnant and Dragon Age Origins. Also FFXIII soon >_>

Your downloads are stored locally, but you can install them from whatever computer you want as long as you know your login details.
Yes you can have them stored on more than one PC, you can even share them with Steam Family Sharing.
I don't see why you should be worried.

Since youre a nintendo gamer, I assume you're familiar with the Final Fantasy's, so I say it's time to play FF7!
That's a damn good RPG, and a classic!

Are my downloads kept on my PC?

They go to your Steam library where you're free to download them, uninstall them, re-download them, etc.

Can I have them stored on more than one PC?

Yes. You just can't use them simultaneously as far as I know.

Once you've bought a game, you can't resell it (yet, at least. Probably never.) Sometimes games get pulled from Steam but if you've bought them you get to keep them.

Big AND indie? Together? Um...Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin, Mount & Blade Warband...I'm sure some other people can give you more.

baterism

For RPG, it depends on your preference, but I suggest you to try out Skyrim and mod it. Mod is what make PC gaming really stand out imho. It's not that hard.

Miguel81

For RPG, it depends on your preference, but I suggest you to try out Skyrim and mod it. Mod is what make PC gaming really stand out imho. It's not that hard.

How is Steam Workshop these days, or is it better to use the Nexus like for Morrowind/Oblivion?

Lomax

I can't wait to see what steam wallet trading does to stuff like this, as well as the trading scene in general.

I still don't see Valve ever actually implementing true steam wallet trading. It brings so many potential issues that I can't see them feeling like it is worth the trouble.

Meesh

Thanks for the replies all! I've been waiting to dive right in but the always friendly PC gaf pushed me in :) Weeeee, time to get started.

baterism

How is Steam Workshop these days, or is it better to use the Nexus like for Morrowind/Oblivion?

Steam Workshop is fine. Pretty easy to use and have auto update. But, size file limit is quite annoying, and I don't know whether it support SKSE mod or not.
I still vastly prefer Nexus.

Lomax

Hmmm, Spintires is $20 over at GMG today, but of course, their new voucher is not working on it. $15 would've been a "SURE!". $20 is more like "fuck you for not letting me use the voucher."

OCTOBE-R25OFF-GMGXXX works just fine for me and makes the price $15.07. Of course it doesn't stack with credit if that's what you meant.

Works on Final Fantasy XIII as well, making it $10.80.

Deitus

So, it's only in DirectInput mode, and did Transistor have vibration feedback? I had read that native DI support does not allow that on the DS4.

Couldn't tell you, I used a DS3. I mean I did have vibration, but only because as far as the game was concerned I was using a 360 controller. Don't really know much about the DS4 support, other than someone told me PS Button prompts were supported, but only for DS4.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects -- MB-FF58B0238D5977A0 - Taken by dot. 49 entrants total.

t1412305759z1.png

-MD-

Just so people know.

Last week we posted our recommended PC system specs for The Evil Within, and in turn, we received plenty of feedback. While we still recommend this benchmark to experience the game in all its gory glory, we also recognize the need to provide information on how you can play the game with a wider range of PCs.
Minimum requirements for The Evil Within can now be found below. You won’t be experiencing the game at 1080p and you’ll likely need to turn off some features, but you will still be able to have a great experience with the game.

Minimum Requirements
GPU: GTX 460 or an equivalent 1 GB VRAM card
CPU: i7 or an equivalent 4+ core processor
RAM: 4 GB
HDD: 50 GB
If you meet the recommended specs, you’re in for the ideal experience. The game looks amazing with full-screen anti-aliasing, full shadow quality, motion blur, tessellation, SSAO, and 1080p visuals.

PC users can pre-order The Evil Within today on Steam — where we’ve updated the game page to account for both the minimum and recommended system requirements, or your favorite digital or physical reseller.

BethBlog

I'm feeling a lot better about the PC version now, Bethesda's silence was worrying for a bit there.

Skyzard

Banned
GMG's 25% off [OCTOBE-R25OFF-GMGXXX] ends today/tomorrow.

How are people feeling about Arkham Knight?

Especially if you picked up Shadow of Mordor already...

The reveal trailer was awesome, no doubt.

Oh what, it was delayed? I was still watching old ads that said it comes out in 2 weeks. GMG's second screenshot.

Only a gig of VRAM? What is this, for baby's first PC?
Real PCs have 12 gigs of VRAM!

(It's nice to see games with reasonable ram requirements, even if they're games I'm not interested in)
The minimum requirements are pretty reasonable, yeah. I wanna see how the game plays/looks with 2GBs of vram though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I really should get around to trying Crusaders Kings II again. I even watched the tutorial videos Chariot mentioned, but I just haven't felt like bothering with playing it.

In my experiences, "group" is a moniker given to things where a "group" is loosely cobbled together, but ultimately ends up coming down to 1-2 people doing all the work because they actually care about the end result while the others are content to procastinate and hope that someone else steps up to do it. I'm sure you can guess which of those I was/am.

I can guess :p

That sums up the two classes I currently have to do group work for. At least only one of them is a whole semester long thing I have to deal with.

Since others have already covered the other questions, I'll skip to the last part. As for RPGs, there's a ton, depending on what you like, though it currently tends to skew more towards WRPGs. Some random highlights that I can think of right now and have heard good things about (I haven't actually gotten around to playing most of them :p) include:

JRPGS: The Last Remnant, Trails in the Sky, Elminage Gothic, Final Fantasy III, IV, VII, VIII, XI, XIII (Soon), XIV, Septerra Core, Phantasy Star II-IV

Classic WRPGs: Fallout series, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Wasteland, X-COM: UFO Defense

Modern WRPGs: Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Skyrim (and the rest of the Elder Scrolls franchise), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I (and II), Skyborn, UnderRail, X-COM: Enemy Unknown, Expeditions: Conquistador, Dragon Age Origins,Pier Solar and the Great Architects, The Witcher trilogy

There's a lot more out there too. That covers a good range of genres inside of the whole region origin system, so there's that.

I'm probably going to regret asking this but...

If its even possible, what is the best way to get 007 Legends for the PC? Did the game ever show up on retail for the pc?

i tried to play it on the WiiU tonight and found it impossible.(My disability, can only use one hand, yada yada) My only other options would be to buy it for my ps3 (which I don't care to play FPSs on) or a 360 and a used copy. (I shouldn't have given my 360 away)

I realize this isn't a good game but I'm annoyed I can't play it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm probably going to regret asking this but...

If its even possible, what is the best way to get 007 Legends for the PC? Did the game ever show up on retail for the pc?

i tried to play it on the WiiU tonight and found it impossible.(My disability, can only use one hand, yada yada) My only other options would be to buy it for my ps3 (which I don't care to play FPSs on) or a 360 and a used copy. (I shouldn't have given my 360 away)

I realize this isn't a good game but I'm annoyed I can't play it.

It depends on how much you're willing to pay. I got my retail copy for about $75 last year and I had to order it from Germany (though it activated on Steam just fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom