• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Most played games, eh?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mikerrrrr/games/?tab=all

1. TF2 - 252 hrs
Back when I had time to play nothing but multiplayer stuff without feeling guilty about my backlog

2. Resident Evil 6
Mercs is awesome, and the reason I feel compelled to post in this thread whenever RE6 is brought up.

3. Dota 2
If I had more time to play multiplayer games, this would be sky high.

4. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The campaign was rather lengthy, and I actually spent some time playing Spies vs. Mercs.

5. Resident Evil REvelaitons
I spent a lot of time in Raid Mode, but looking back, I'm not quite sure why.

Note that these are far, far from the best games in my library, or the ones that I've liked the most.

kurahador

VebRXm0.jpg
Though if my Mass Effect games are on steam, it would've been in the 2nd place.

xeris

so, what's y'alls most played game?

mine's ultra sfiv at 140 hours

According to steam:

1. Europa Universalis III 385hrs (Probably have at least twice that and more likely three times that if you count the hours before I had it on steam.)
2. FFXIV 290hrs
3. Crusader Kings II 214hrs (Probably close to right. Mostly played CKI before steam and II after)
4. Eurpoa Universalis IV 117hrs
5. Galactic Civilization II: Ultimate Edition 11hrs.

I think I see a theme.

chixdiggit

"Knight Squad is a 1 to 8 players game that can be described as SNES era Bomberman meets Gauntlet. "

...wishlisted.

That's actually a pretty fair description but probably not exactly how you would imagine it either. But it really is all the fun parts of both games.
It's also great to see a local multiplayer game on PC.

kevin1025

Banned
so, what's y'alls most played game?

mine's ultra sfiv at 140 hours

I'm at Borderlands 2 with 28 hours. Jeez, apparently I cap out in the 20-30 hours area on a lot of games. Keep in mind, a good hour or so of Borderlands 2 playtime was trying to find the exits to locations because the map doesn't explain layers and layouts very well.

Top 4:

1. DARK SOULS™ II - 161 hrs on record
  2. Spelunky - 78 hrs on record
  3. METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - 75 hrs on record
  4. YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z - 54 hrs on record

After that, the times are screwy because of idling before idlemaster.

I originally built my PC for Witcher 3, I didn't expect the "Everything is 2015 now" trend would get to it. Now the new cards have me tempted, but I tell myself, I must wait for Broadwell and affordable DDR4.

Did Intel say when it is coming out?

Seems humblestore has KiD for $10 today? Is it worth it?

Depends. There's a bug on the 3rd mission that remains unpatched that will cause an infinite loading screen. People say this is caused by having a certain processor, I think either dual core or quad core. Look it up for yourself, just warning you before you spend 10$ on a game you can't play.

Speaking of controllers, how do you guys like using a Dualshock 4 for Steam games? I'm torn between getting a cheaper xbox 360 wireless pad, or a DS4 and a bluetooth dongle.

Wireless and a good d-pad are a must, plus some benefits like touchpad, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle with the extra price and drivers and stuff...

I love my using a DS4, can't even go back to 360 pad now without wishing it felt like a DS4. And can't you get bluetooth donglers for like 6$ off Amazon?

Josman

Speaking of controllers, how do you guys like using a Dualshock 4 for Steam games? I'm torn between getting a cheaper xbox 360 wireless pad, or a DS4 and a bluetooth dongle.

Wireless and a good d-pad are a must, plus some benefits like touchpad, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle with the extra price and drivers and stuff...

Sooo.... which is better? Shadowrun dragonfall directors cut or wasteland 2?

They're both great games - it's difficult to recommend one over the other, though admittedly I've only dabbled in Wasteland 2 so far. Wasteland 2 is likely far longer than Shadowrun Returns, if you're looking purely for the most content to play through.

I guess it could be answered by asking, do you prefer cyberpunk fantasy (Shadowrun), or post-apocalyptic science fiction (Wasteland)? Both games are heavily defined by the settings they're in, so that would be the most influential factor in choosing one over the other.

Shepard

I had absolutely no problem setting up my DS4. Simply download DS4Windows and it basically does everything for you. Touchpad as a mouse is quite nice (as I can turn-off my PC from my bed :p), and everything is automatic, no need to configure each game separately as you needed with x360ce. Plus, it adds a lot more features like turning off the LED, or setting it to follow a pattern (change the color depending on the battery life), and you also can create macros. I'd say, go for it. The only downside is that DS4's battery life isnt that great, but that's hardly a negative (at least for me).

Nabs

The DS4 is probably my favorite controller on PC. Great dpad, good feel, and great fan-made drivers. The drivers provide touchpad support, profile/auto-profile support, and fully configurable controls. Now the problems come with build quality (older models had shitty sticks), battery life and BT support. If you go with the DS4, you'll have to make sure the BT dongle is supported and will get you a good connection.

As for the drivers, they are not a hassle. It takes a few seconds to set up.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Sooo.... which is better? Shadowrun dragonfall directors cut or wasteland 2?

I only played the first Shadowrun, but Wasteland 2 is a lot more complex, a lot more interactive. W2 feels much more like an early Fallout or Ultima game where you can interact with everything and talk with everyone. Shadowrun felt very superficial, lacking depth. Maybe Dragonfall is better but Returns lacked any sort of hubs or towns and any sense of a complete world.

I have Divinity installed too, but I have to get through W2 first (sooo good).

fallout

I've got hundreds of hours in Dota 2 and I've only ever played a handful of games. It's all from falling in love with the competitive scene.

Josman

I had absolutely no problem setting up my DS4. Simply download DS4Windows and it basically does everything for you. Touchpad as a mouse is quite nice (as I can turn-off my PC from my bed :p), and everything is automatic, no need to configure each game separately as you needed with x360ce. Plus, it adds a lot more features like turning off the LED, or setting it to follow a pattern (change the color depending on the battery life), and you also can create macros. I'd say, go for it. The only downside is that DS4's battery life isnt that great, but that's hardly a negative (at least for me).

The DS4 is probably my favorite controller on PC. Great dpad, good feel, and great fan-made drivers. The drivers provide touchpad support, profile/auto-profile support, and fully configurable controls. Now the problems come with build quality (older models had shitty sticks), battery life and BT support. If you go with the DS4, you'll have to make sure the BT dongle is supported and will get you a good connection.

As for the drivers, they are not a hassle. It takes a few seconds to set up.

I needed some opinions badly, thanks! my only worry is the build quality but I guess I can replace the thumbsticks down the road, I'll try to find a compatible BT dongle and be done with it.

Nabs

I needed some opinions badly, thanks! my only worry is the build quality but I guess I can replace the thumbsticks down the road, I'll try to find a compatible BT dongle and be done with it.

They say the newer sticks won't peel or whatever. I'm just a little salty because I have to throw some grip on top of mine.

Levyne

Banned
My most played game is Skyrim at 190, followed by Last Remnant at 166.

But I have 4000 hours in an mmo....thankfully not on steam

Tecl0n

Compatibility shoundn't be a problem, generics work wonders.

m.gorecki

ModBot said:
Instructions for m.gorecki:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (m.gorecki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Just Cause -- MB-BBFDB4AE6080EE46 - Taken by WeaselJCD
Steel Storm: Complete Edition -- MB-EED8677E2B9DC300 - Taken by autoduelist
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-06DD5059A497D6A0 - Taken by chronomac
The Bard's Tale -- MB-393E1E5138FB7A8A - Taken by SSPssp
BioShock -- MB-B2ACC5808405C182 - Taken by The Reloader
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-58967F33881F68DD - Taken by WinterDemons
t1cxE6r.gif
Darkness II -- MB-BCDE4871E50E227F - Taken by Shadownet
Zeno Clash -- MB-0CE904A2EEC22E08 - Taken by aku:jiki
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-D9E36B8340256665 - Taken by agniswarm
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-02CE2B124354E255 - Taken by creamsugar

Just some old bundle games I had around. Enjoy.

Miguel81

We can share our love of chorizo, or chouriço .

Dual citizen, so raised in the good ole USA. I wish I had the accent.

Same here. I'm glad I don't have the accent, though. It doesn't sound as nice as a Spanish one. :(

Speaking about pads, I'm still stuck using the DS3 w/BetterDS3 MiJ because it's the only way to get full DirecInput support with vibration in older games. Most of the ones made prior to 2005/06 benefit from it.

That white DS4 is gorgeous, though, and I envy those with their paws around it at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom