• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

Huh, I didn't know The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was out so soon. I've not really been following its development.

Should I be excited?

Tizoc

If anyone is interested, I know a trader that is selling Cho Dengeki Stryker for 5 TF2 Keys or $10.
Surely at least Jase would be interested :V

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm pretty sure JaseC was a CSS freak before he was collecting Steam games.

Yeah, it's why I have an alt account. I was unjustly banned from my favourite server and needed my fix. ;) I'm looking forward to jumping back on that horse (CS in general, that is) once I have real internet.

They should cast her in the AssCreed film opposite Fassy.

tumblr_mjo6kd87gs1r2sjnsfi.gif

Saoirse Ronan on Sex

she's spot on. I wonder how she;d feel about games.

"I don't really play games any more but they're great to collect!"

If anyone is interested, I know a trader that is selling Cho Dengeki Stryker for 5 TF2 Keys or $10.
Surely at least Jase would be interested :V

I'm poor for the next week or two so I have to save my pennies for pre-orders.

My top 5 games are as goes:

Team Fortress 2 [518 hrs]
Borderlands 2 [405 hrs]
Dungeon Defenders [207 hrs]
Spelunky [175 hrs]
Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 [113 hrs]

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, it's why I have an alt account. I was unjustly banned from my favourite server and needed my fix. ;) I'm looking forward to jumping back on that horse (CS in general, that is) once I have real internet.
We can use a good man like you on the battlefield. Let me know once you get a good internet connection? Me and the guys would love to play with you.

I'm poor for the next week or two so I have to save my pennies for pre-orders.

You. poor? I'm surprised.

Matchew

@Josman Why don't you get an Xbox One controller? The controller is pretty much perfect, has the correct buttons in game, plug in and play, and you don't have to worry about the sticks falling apart.

JaseC

We can use a good man like you on the battlefield. Let me know once you get a good internet connection? Me and the guys would love to play with you.

It'll be a while. Based on recent history I was expecting my area to go live early next year at the latest, but it seems the primary contractor for the state has bitten off more than it could chew and I may be left waiting until mid-next year or even a bit longer still. :( Fibre would make for a great birthday present (May), but I'm not getting my hopes up.

You. poor? I'm surprised.

I forgot to provide confirmation of enrolment for the semester to the government, resulting in my payment being cancelled (it was originally just suspended, apparently, but I received no notification of this), so I'm basically out $400 and have to rely on the ~$250 I haven't moved to my savings account, plus whatever I earn from work, until the payment claim I recently submitted has been finalised. I could just pinch $400 from my savings account, but it's a savings account for a reason. ;) On the bright side, this is the kick up the bum I need to finally sell my X360 stuff, and I should be able to flog it all off for $200 quite easily. In an effort to kindasorta make up the difference, I may skip the NBA2K15, CivBE and Borderlands: TPS pre-orders since the incentives have a 99.99% chance of being released later, plus I won't be playing TPS until December, anyway.

Nabs

@Josman Why don't you get an Xbox One controller? The controller is pretty much perfect, has the correct buttons in game, plug in and play, and you don't have to worry about the sticks falling apart.

He's looking for a good dpad.

Shadownet

Banned
I forgot to provide confirmation of enrolment for the semester to the government, resulting in my payment being cancelled (it was originally just suspended, apparently, but I received no notification of this), so I'm basically out $400 and have to rely on the ~$250 I haven't moved to my savings account, plus whatever I earn from work, until the payment claim I recently submitted has been finalised. I could just pinch $400 from my savings account, but it's a savings account for a reason.

Yikes. I hope you will get that solved soon mate. Its not fun when you have to pinch pennies.
------------------
Is anyone encountering a bug in the Witcher 2. If you're in a fist fight with someone, you can't see their health bar? I swear I've been in this fist fight for 10 mins and this guy is taking it like a champ.

Nabs

Is the dpad still a problem on the new controller? I thought it was fixed and triggers were only an issue.

Some people like it, but I'm not a huge fan. It's waaayy better than the 360 one. It's definitely something people should try out before picking up.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Shieeet....I guess uni administration is terrible internationally. I'm fighting to get some financial services to pay for my premed and MCAT courses.

Soule

lpqJnNc.png

Posting most played games? Dota is a bit inflated but it's definitely a very high played time. Counter Strike Source should be up there as well, pretty sure I mostly played it before it before Steam had time tracking and before achievements, TF2 was released before time tracking as well wasn't it? I feel like that play time is low as well but probably wrong on that.

Elija2

Is it bad that I don't have a single game with over 100 hours of playtime in my games list (and I have games like TF2, Skyrim, and Civ V)?

Hell, I only have 10 games with over 10 hours of playtime. I really need to play more of my Steam games.

Tizoc

Off the top of my head, I've put 100+ Hours on FF13 on PS3 due to multiple playthroughs.
I put 281 Hours into Sengoku Basara 3 over the course of a year just to Platinum it :V

LvLHkeX.jpg

It only took all day, but I finally managed to snag a copy for a decent price using my leftover keys (and some new ones I had to get). Finally, no keys left. I'm straight Paypal from here on out.

Also: hope the game's good. Otherwise I just wasted ~$30 in keys.

Shadownet

Banned
It only took all day, but I finally managed to snag a copy for a decent price using my leftover keys (and some new ones I had to get). Finally, no keys left. I'm straight Paypal from here on out.
Also: hope the game's good. Otherwise I just wasted ~$30 in keys.

I'm sorry I wasnt much help X(

The GTX 970 is not much of a jump from my 770, so no need to buy, which is nice.

I have a 760. But someone talked me down from the ledge. I'll probably wait till the next one before I upgrade. I should get a new mouse first..
------------------------
So this is my problem. Every time I'm in a fistfight. The enemy's health bar wont show up. So he's pretty much invincible. every hits he just get right back up. This is my 2nd fistfight. the only reason I got passed the first one is because I reload the save and just killed them all before the fistfight happen. I can't do it with this one it seem. Stupid bug.

Nah, you were great. Most of it was out of your hands, and Dispenser.tf being crappy all day didn't help.

In the end I managed to just dig up a guy on TF2Outpost with a bot and message him directly to tell him that his bot wasn't working (which it wasn't).

Shadownet

Banned
Nah, you were great. Most of it was out of your hands, and Dispenser.tf being crappy all day didn't help.
In the end I managed to just dig up a guy on TF2Outpost with a bot and message him directly to tell him that his bot wasn't working (which it wasn't).

I'm glad you finally got your copy though :) here to hoping the game will be good.

What's a $1 difference~

To JaseC. $1 is everything in the world right now.

Tizoc

Was just pointing out it wasn't a terribly extraordinary deal.

Well to me I'd rather spend an extra $1 or at worst 1 TF2 Key with a trader with good rep and had good experience with, than with a trader with under 100 Rep and offering a game for cheaper.

Deitus

I'm not normally the beat it and delete it type. Usually, I'll just play whatever I feel like at the moment, and I always have the intention of going back and beating and/or getting 100% in games that I take a break from (even if that's not realistic).

But Dead Rising 3 is taking up so much space on my SSD, that I just want to completely finish it (get all achievements) so that I can be done with the game and delete it to free up space. But man does that game have some issues when it comes to getting 100%. The DLC is full of poorly designed fetch quests (even worse than the main game), including one that required you to hunt down like 12 vehicles from all over the game map and bring them all back to the same place for no damn reason (except that it's an achievement). Then one of the collection quests bugged out on me so that every time I would get another collectable, it would not increment the counter (would say 37/40 for the last 4 that I got), so now I have to replay that whole DLC chapter again and hope it doesn't bug out again. I googled the issue, and it was apparently a common issue on the Xbox version as well, so nice job porting over the bugs.

But the worst offender is the PP trial achievement. There are various challenges that you can complete to earn bonus PP (experience) in the game. This wouldn't be a bad thing (although PP is so easy to come by in this game that its completely unnecessary for anything but the achievement), but the trials are just so dumb. There's a few that are "Kill X zombies with Y weapon" or "Kill X zombies with fire" that aren't bad, but then there are like 12 PP trials that are "Create such and such combo weapon 50 times" Almost all of the weapons in question are barely even worth using, and even the ones that are, you won't be able to craft 50 times without spending a crazy amount of time going out of your way to hunt down materials for. It's basically not worth attempting during an actual playthrough, so you just start a new game after you beat the game for the sole purpose of crafting the same weapons over and over again.

But I finally managed to complete those trials, and the only ones left are the "Kill X zombies trials". There's trials for killing 5k, 10k, 50k, 70k, and 200k zombies. But for no damn reason, you can't earn progress on a trial until you've completed the previous one. So instead of needing to kill 200k zombies, you need to kill 330k. Playing through the full game, and all the DLC, plus a second speedrun through the game on nightmare for the achievement, I've killed just over 100k zombies. So dumb.

At this point, even though I liked the game, I'm just wanting to get the last few achievements so I can delete the game out of spite.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I thank whichever deity you wish that Steam didn't track playtime when I was huge into CS 1.4/5/6 and CS:Source.

It would put my Left 4 Dead 2 hours to absolute shame.

Ventara

Hey guys, quick question; is there a program/way to list a bunch of cards on the marketplace at once? I have almost 700 cards, but I don't want to list them one-by-one. That'll take so long.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

I have a 760. But someone talked me down from the ledge. I'll probably wait till the next one before I upgrade. I should get a new mouse first..
------------------------

So this is my problem. Every time I'm in a fistfight. The enemy's health bar wont show up. So he's pretty much invincible. every hits he just get right back up. This is my 2nd fistfight. the only reason I got passed the first one is because I reload the save and just killed them all before the fistfight happen. I can't do it with this one it seem. Stupid bug.

They all go down within a few hits. Just concentrate on the QTEs and you will be fine, even on Dark mode.

But for that fight,
you can avoid the first guard entirely by going left, through the gate to the docks and then circling around.

Nabs

Hey guys, quick question; is there a program/way to list a bunch of cards on the marketplace at once? I have almost 700 cards, but I don't want to list them one-by-one. That'll take so long.

Marketplace bots are frowned upon.

JaseC

Short of using scripts/bots, which is forbidden, no. Valve broached the possibility of implementing group listings (listing multiple instances of the same item simultaneously) yonks ago but this has yet to happen, which is a pity as it'd be handy for cards and keys in particular.

kudoboi

my most played game times

Tropico 4 and Cities XL is inflated because the game is played by my family members. i probably only clocked 5 to 10 hours in each of those.

this is excluding Battlefield 4 which is also another 200 to 250 hours and Titanfall with 35~ hours.

I probably spent 200 to 300 hours on GTA IV before i lost the disc and had to buy it on Steam again

Shadownet

Banned
They all go down within a few hits. Just concentrate on the QTEs and you will be fine, even on Dark mode.

But for that fight,
you can avoid the first guard entirely by going left, through the gate to the docks and then circling around.

I've been fighting this guy for 30 mins.. He's taking a beating but he still haven't gone down yet. I think it's a bug man.
But I'll try your way and circle around.

But this probably isn't the last fistfight I'll be getting into so I gotta find a way to fix this bug.

Ventara

Marketplace bots are frowned upon.

Short of using scripts/bots, which is forbidden, no. Valve broached the possibility of implementing group listings (listing multiple instances of the one item simultaneously) yonks ago but this has yet to happen, which is a pity as it'd be handy for cards and keys in particular.

I see, guess I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way. Thanks for the answer guys.

Anyways, speaking of playtime, my most played game on Steam is Terraria at 46 hours. I don't play a lot on Steam (I play mostly on my handhelds), so my gametime on Steam is probably no more than 300 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom