• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkroronoa

Can i join?

7NsFfyk.jpg

Also on games i own on steam about 30 hours on Deus Ex human revolution, i played it in offline mode.

Now outside of steam my most played game would be World of warcraft, 2500+ hours probably...

Tizoc

I don't care about the Giggolo thing too much but the comat just seemed incredibly mindless and boring while the rest of the game just seemed to be "weird to be weird"

Fair enough, I like the combat personally due to its simplicity and just busting out the dodge counter feels rewarding.

Have you played Castle of Illusion HD? It's on sale on HB, runs at 60 FPS and looks and plays really well.

Tizoc

Here we go, from the summer of 2011, I'll be home in a few hours and I'll post my Steam time games.

Please bring SB3 or SB3U or SB4 to Steam Capcpom, they're practically Wii games. Capcpom pls

edit: Didn't see the rule about no posting stats! My mistake.

I have been totally ignoring my steam games for some time and want to find some time to play Divinity: Original Sin and Dark Souls 2. I think I'm halfway through DS2 but just stopped for some reason.

kiyomi

Been a PC gamer for like 3 months *shrug*

ibiv1d9zt2dkvZ.png

I'm pretty sure the F1 one is bugged because when I'm in-game, it says I have 10 hours driving, and I sure as hell haven't spent 14 hours just looking at menus.

I'm pretty sure the F1 one is bugged because when I'm in-game, it says I have 10 hours driving, and I sure as hell haven't spent 14 hours just looking at menus.

Looking at menu's is not driving ;)
So your total is hours on is 24 hrs. In your steam profile it states: 24 hrs on record for the F1 2013 game, so the math is correct.
The menu is pretty, nò?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
Oy.

In other news; just a friendly reminder that the Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle including Secret Of and LeChuck's Revenge is 75% off. An absolute steal for that price, and it's expiring in just five little hours. so don't doubt and go get it. Or go get it again.
It's some of adventure gaming's finest.

Monooboe

Agh, don't know why it bothers me so much that I can't use GMG credit together with a voucher code. One would think a "loyality voucher" would specially work with GMG credit... Need to play more Fable so I can get that FF13.XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, wheres the cheapest Wasteland 2. I know its region locked so no much hope there.

Best you can do is buy 19 keys from a trader and sell them on the market, but in doing so you'd only be saving a few bucks (assuming a purchase price of $1.90 per key).

The_Monk

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I wonder if anyone in here is going to get the new F1 2014 game. You get a free game with it (F1 Race Stars) and a 50% off a codemasters game which could be useful to get that Colin McRae Rally game, perhaps. However, I'm not an expert on F1 and it's not a class I drive often in racing games (I am loving Forma C on GRID Autosport however). I just love driving in the rain.

Either way I'm sure many GAFfers already have other pre-orders in mind. Saw lot's of people getting the Shadow of Mordor season pass lately, Alien and other recent titles.

I've found myself in a strange situation with Skyrim, when I'm doing a quest that bores me I still try to finish it in the same moment I went to the quest's place but after finishing it I'll just close the game and take my time to touch it again.

zkylon

zkylewd
dragonfall director's cut is pretty alright so far, the interface improvements really go a long way in making the game not as much of a chore

still very questionable decisions were had in regards to this. the character screen is a hideous nonsensical mess, still not having hotkeys for skills is really bad and inventory management is also terrible. there's also not a journal hotkey other than esc which i find really annoying. there are other issues with responsiveness and lack of feedback on like clicking on interactable objects and such but it's for the most part ok.

sucks cos the game has enough good to be worthy of not being constrained by shitty tablet ui design :/

figured i'd play this for a while so i give people time to make me some mods for wasteland 2

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
how about

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not spam thread rules.
<3

JaseC

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I wonder if anyone in here is going to get the new F1 2014 game. You get a free game with it (F1 Race Stars) and a 50% off a codemasters game which could be useful to get that Colin McRae Rally game, perhaps. However, I'm not an expert on F1 and it's not a class I drive often in racing games (I am loving Forma C on GRID Autosport however). I just love driving in the rain.

You also receive all of the F1 Race Stars DLC. It's a pretty good deal as far as pre-order incentives go.

I wonder if anyone in here is going to get the new F1 2014 game.

I tried F1 2013 on a free weekend and I reckon it is very good, I could not get past the tutorial though; I would like to play it some day, but I gather I could do with a controller as the keyboard controls are quite complex.

The_Monk

You also receive all of the F1 Race Stars DLC. It's a pretty good deal as far as pre-order incentives go.

I think I tried that game when I had a PS3 since it was part of the PS+ program but I'm not sure. Is this a pre-order on your radar? I'm aware of all the goodness coming in the next 2 months so decisions must be made! ;)

I tried F1 2013 on a free weekend and I reckon it is very good, I could not get past the tutorial though; I would like to play it some day, but I gather I could do with a controller as the keyboard controls are quite complex.

Oh yes, I play all my racing games with a 360 Controller, it's the best for me.

JaseC

I think I tried that game when I had a PS3 since it was part of the PS+ program but I'm not sure. Is this a pre-order on your radar? I'm aware of all the goodness coming in the next 2 months so decisions must be made! ;)

Nah, I already have F1RS. In addition to flogging off my X360 stuff I'll probably chop NBA2K15, CivBE and Borderlands: TPS off the pre-order list so as to almost make up the $400 I recently "lost"; their incentives are all but guaranteed to be released as post-release DLC. TPS I actually intend to co-op with a mate, but that won't happen until late November/early December, anyway, so I'll just pick it up at 25% off or whatever during the Autumn Sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
He genuinely loves what he do, that's what I like about him.
yup, that really comes across

i like it cos i feel like totalbiscuit or giantbomb or jim sterling or other ppl i watch have become increasingly cynical about games, like they don't really care much anymore

so yeah, really refreshing watching a guy that's clearly incapable of containing his love for the good stuff

yup, that really comes across

i like it cos i feel like totalbiscuit or giantbomb or jim sterling or other ppl i watch have become increasingly cynical about games, like they don't really care much anymore

so yeah, really refreshing watching a guy that's clearly incapable of containing his love for the good stuff
Well, totalbiscuit calls himself cynical Brit, so yeah.

rtcn63

Cynical is just an expected phase of reviewers. Being negative is both more fun, and seems to get you greater exposure, leading to increased discussion of your work. But it gets perverted, like I dunno, giving every sub-par high-profile games a 3.5, and in the review, spouting bullshit nonsense that has some insight, but that's just lost in the gross self-wanking.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just finished To The Moon. What a beautiful game. One question:
what's up with the pain killers?

The_Monk

Nah, I already have F1RS. In addition to flogging off my X360 stuff I'll probably chop NBA2K15, CivBE and Borderlands: TPS off the pre-order list so as to almost make up the $400 I recently "lost"; their incentives are all but guaranteed to be released as post-release DLC. TPS I actually intend to co-op with a mate, but that won't happen until late November/early December, anyway, so I'll just pick it up at 25% off or whatever during the Autumn Sale.

Seems like a solid plan. From those you listed, CivBE is the one that I'm more curious about, saw a couple of gameplay and it seems to be a time sink in a good way.

Zafir

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to place a racing game on a keyboard. xD My 360 or Xbone controller for the win.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cynical is just an expected phase of reviewers. Being negative is both more fun, and seems to get you greater exposure, leading to increased discussion of your work. But it gets perverted, like I dunno, giving every sub-par high-profile games a 3.5, and in the review, spouting bullshit nonsense that has some insight, but that's just lost in the gross self-wanking.
i dunno, what you say isn't necessarily untrue but mine was less of a comment on reviews and more just a celebration of angry joe's craziness lol

I just finished To The Moon. What a beautiful game. One question:
what's up with the pain killers?
i think it's just a hook for a sequel, nothing much explained in the main game.

and yea it's a beautiful game

Momentary

Banned
Maybe There will be a Destiny Complete when it is finally released on Steam. Maybe it will be the leap that FFXIV ARR was from Vanilla FFXIV.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
With bad games, he usually get the good parts out of the way first.
I do admit I sometimes buy games that probably won't be touched in years to come. But never on multiplayer only games.

Also, lol at some of the responds to Angry Joe and his video in Destiny OT.

lol at Jetts response to the video. Jetts really destroyed that critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom