• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
DUNGEON LURK II LEONA (Desura) #2 -- MB-A54EA18DF03C012A - Taken by WinterDemons
DUNGEON LURK II LEONA (Steam) -- MB-9600E43B89F26969 - Taken by Casimir. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
DUNGEON LURK II LEONA (Desura) -- MB-FB3A09AB45172093 - Taken by diablogod. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
DUNGEON LURK II LEONA (Desura) #3 -- MB-59F050598BFD7E2A - Taken by Jason Frost

t1411308877z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some of my Steam games don't sync when I finish them. Is there a way to force games to sync?

Assuming that the games actually support Steam Cloud, are you sure they don't sync? You can force a Steam Cloud download by deleting the local files, though of course you'll want to back them up first, just in case.

Addnan

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I wonder if anyone in here is going to get the new F1 2014 game. You get a free game with it (F1 Race Stars) and a 50% off a codemasters game which could be useful to get that Colin McRae Rally game, perhaps. However, I'm not an expert on F1 and it's not a class I drive often in racing games (I am loving Forma C on GRID Autosport however). I just love driving in the rain.

Either way I'm sure many GAFfers already have other pre-orders in mind. Saw lot's of people getting the Shadow of Mordor season pass lately, Alien and other recent titles.

No point getting 2014 when they have already announced 2015 will come out earlier in the season running on a new engine made for PS4/One/PC.

Tizoc

They didn't even make a world for every crystal. The game itself was not really bad, but with this playtime there is not really a reason to get this game.

Seriously?
Ever heard of 'replay-ability'? For that price it's worth replay again.
Megaman X4 is short, as short as CoI HD but it's still a fun game I like to play again from time to time.

You kids are too tainted by these AAA 'experiences'.

Porcupine

Seriously?
Ever heard of 'replay-ability'? For that price it's worth replay again.
Megaman X4 is short, as short as CoI HD but it's still a fun game I like to play again from time to time.

You kids are too tainted by these AAA 'experiences'.

Not really, the game is just not good enough to be replayed again.

A random question to all you steam experts. I am a US permanent resident, have a permanent address in the US (and credit cards with those billing addresses). But for the net few years, I will be living in between the UK and the US. When I am in the UK, am I supposed to pay UK prices? I vaguely remember VPN would be grounds for banning - would this be true even if I can prove I actually have a 'real existence' in the US?

In other words, should I only buy the games when I am in the US? (am I risking anything if i buy a game in the US, then travel back to the UK and so forth?)

liezryou

A random question to all you steam experts. I am a US permanent resident, have a permanent address in the US (and credit cards with those billing addresses). But for the net few years, I will be living in between the UK and the US. When I am in the UK, am I supposed to pay UK prices? I vaguely remember VPN would be grounds for banning - would this be true even if I can prove I actually have a 'real existence' in the US?

In other words, should I only buy the games when I am in the US? (am I risking anything if i buy a game in the US, then travel back to the UK and so forth?)

Just use a browser, and go to store.steampowered.com?cc=us . That's what i always do when I'm overseas anyway. No VPN, but you are still buying from your home storefront.

Just make sure you don't buy steam wallet in your browser then try to use it in your client (or vice versa), it will give u some error and you will be unable to purchase anything. If you buy steam wallet in the ?cc=us store, you must use it in that store.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SxlTDXA.png

Anyone want these? A few of them are expiring this week. PM me your Steam Community link and I'll get to you later today.

MattyG

Banned
I completely forgot that Ethan Carter comes out this week. I'm so excited for that game. Gonna buy that and the FEAR Collection today.

liezryou

no but its funny that its the default go to game for people that play thousands of hours :p

Pfftt i feel more comfortable with my mass amount of dota 2 hours than the game you have 1000 hours in :D.
Why did i spend 30$ on that game and never touch it again? That gotta catch em all feel

Tizoc

Assuming that the games actually support Steam Cloud, are you sure they don't sync? You can force a Steam Cloud download by deleting the local files, though of course you'll want to back them up first, just in case.

Ah I actually meant achievement syncing ^^; Want to get some Playfire rewards but the cheevos I got didn't sync.

SxlTDXA.png

Anyone want these? A few of them are expiring this week. PM me your Steam Community link and I'll get to you later today.

Do the Nidhogg coupons stack?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pfftt i feel more comfortable with my mass amount of dota 2 hours than the game you have 1000 hours in :D.
Why did i spend 30$ on that game and never touch it again? That gotta catch em all feel

I will now show how much I care what you, or anyone else thinks about what I like or dont like to play Mr. Bear. Here it goes. Ready?

Leftover.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hammerwatch -- MB-2A7D65E33D1286DD - Taken by legacyzero. 4 entrants total.

t1411314037z1.png

Deitus

Does anyone know who this is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789

Got a random friend request today, and I want to say scammer, but this one is slightly less obvious than the others. Appears to own 8 games, and has played over 200 hours of TF2. Has a whole bunch of friends, unlike the previous scammers who were only friends with other scammers, and I spot at least one member of SteamGAF on their friends list.

I'm still leaning towards scammer, but if they are just new to Steam, I don't want to be a dick.

Shadownet

Banned
Does anyone know who this is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789

Got a random friend request today, and I want to say scammer, but this one is slightly less obvious than the others. Appears to own 8 games, and has played over 200 hours of TF2. Has a whole bunch of friends, unlike the previous scammers who were only friends with other scammers, and I spot at least one member of SteamGAF on their friends list.

I'm still leaning towards scammer, but if they are just new to Steam, I don't want to be a dick.

From my experience 70% of the time it's a scammer. 28% lowballer and 2% genuine.

AHA-Lambda

Argh, how do i hold all these games?

Playing Wasteland 2 right now and then remembering that the last Dark Souls 2 DLC and Ethan Carter are out next week D:

Plus I'm also really tempted by D4, but have my fingers crossed for a PC release :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom