• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Does anyone know who this is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789

Got a random friend request today, and I want to say scammer, but this one is slightly less obvious than the others. Appears to own 8 games, and has played over 200 hours of TF2. Has a whole bunch of friends, unlike the previous scammers who were only friends with other scammers, and I spot at least one member of SteamGAF on their friends list.

I'm still leaning towards scammer, but if they are just new to Steam, I don't want to be a dick.

Looks like only (ex-)free games so (Skyrim is from Family Sharing) last played in early August. So pretty suspicios.

Sini

Does anyone know who this is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789

Got a random friend request today, and I want to say scammer, but this one is slightly less obvious than the others. Appears to own 8 games, and has played over 200 hours of TF2. Has a whole bunch of friends, unlike the previous scammers who were only friends with other scammers, and I spot at least one member of SteamGAF on their friends list.

I'm still leaning towards scammer, but if they are just new to Steam, I don't want to be a dick.

Few days ago I got a knife in CSGO and put it on sale at market. One of the many scammers/bots/lowballers had bunch of games and over 100 friends. But still, all he messaged was hi and steamcommunism crap.

Cheddahz

Banned
Since (I think) we have fans of Deadly Premonition here and D4 did get published and funded by Microsoft (so there could be a chance there is a PC release), I'll post what I thought of D4 here

I just completed the first season of D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die and yeah, this might end up being my game of the year. It has everything that was perfect about Deadly Premonition (the weird characters, the culture references, and the humor) with a plot that is engaging and combines it with a way to play the game that makes it easy for anyone to pick up (it more or less plays like a Telltale game). I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game and if you're an owner of an Xbox One, I highly recommend the game

Deitus

There's apparently a game that just got added to Greenlight called Gynophobia. Yes, gynophobia, the fear of women. From the description:
Gynophobia is a horror shooter about fear of women.

Story
Mark suffers from different phobias, including abnormal fear of women. At some point he will receive an opportunity to overcome his fears.

Features
- Unique Premise
- Mix of Horror and Action
- High Quality Music
- Low Hardware Requirements
- Gamepad Support

But the preview video and screenshots...
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

What the hell?

From my experience 70% of the time it's a scammer. 28% lowballer and 2% genuine.

Looks like only (ex-)free games so (Skyrim is from Family Sharing) last played in early August. So pretty suspicios.

Few days ago I got a knife in CSGO and put it on sale at market. One of the many scammers/bots/lowballers had bunch of games and over 100 friends. But still, all he messaged was hi and steamcommunism crap.

Good to know, rejecting the invite.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There's apparently a game that just got added to Greenlight called Gynophobia. Yes, gynophobia, the fear of women. From the description:

What the hell?

If I have to guess it is a Hollywood interpretation of the phobia. So the protagonist sees a hellscape filled with monsters instead of a game dealing with an actual depiction of how a phobia would actually impact a person.

L.O.R.D

ynrM9ik.jpg

WTF...does anyone know who is he ?
and what is he talking ablout ?
he just signed in , said that and signed out immediately
strange , very suspicious

L.O.R.D

Deitus

ynrM9ik.jpg

WTF...does anyone know who is he ?
and what is he talking ablout ?
he just signed in , said that and signed out immediately
strange , very suspicious

Hah, that was the same guy I just posted about. The fact that you were on his friends list was the only reason I thought he might be legit. I rejected his request though. I guess maybe he isn't a scammer.

Edit: Actually, if he wants to talk about DR3 achievements, that kind of makes sense. I posted a long rant about those last night, so him sending me a friend request to talk about that checks out. Maybe he played the game on XBO. I'm guessing he's an unapproved member.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
what more suspicious , skyrim showing in his profile , complete all the achievements , in less then an hour

TtcZ36L.jpg

want more ?
he doesn't even have the game in his profile

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789/games/?tab=all

only free game and Sniper Elite V2 which was free for some times last year

maybe he hacked skyrim achievements
but how it showing in his profile ?

I think that happens with family sharing.

But I wouldn't know because I didn't win JaseC's family sharing giveaway. *Hrump*

MUnited83

For you.
what more suspicious , skyrim showing in his profile , complete all the achievements , in less then an hour

TtcZ36L.jpg

want more ?
he doesn't even have the game in his profile

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123501789/games/?tab=all

only free game and Sniper Elite V2 which was free for some times last year

maybe he hacked skyrim achievements
but how it showing in his profile ?

You can play games with family sharing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
so, what's y'alls most played game?

mine's ultra sfiv at 140 hours

On Steam, it's Civ V with 235 hours. If we're including play times not on Steam, it would be Civ IV with probably 800-900+ hours, from back before I had a Steam account. Age of Empires III would be up there too, no real estimate of how many hours I put into that game, but it's probably well over 250 hours, also before I had a Steam account.

All three are some of my favorite games ever. Civ IV: BTS + Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod= Soooooooooooo good. Easily the pinnacle of Civ so far for me. I wish Civ V had some sort of scenario where there were historical starting times and foundation locations for each civ just like in RFC. The closest I've found is a mod that puts civs in the right location but doesn't spawn them according to history, which kinda sucks, but hey it's something at least.

AoE III is still my favorite AoE. I don't know why but I didn't really get into the first one at all, and II and Mythology were okay, but I didn't have nearly as much fun with them as I did with III. I thought the campaign for III was really well done too, but it's been years since I've played the campaign, so it might not hold up. Shame that III never got a true successor, nor will it, apparently.

I've also got 105 hours in Terraria. That's way more hours than I thought I had put into that game :|

On RE5 Lost in Nightmares, Capcom has this to say

I don't really trust Capcpom at all, so I won't think it's coming until they release a statement stating that it actually is coming. Until that point, I'm blocking Lost in Nightmares' existence from my mind.

Posted while I slept? Tim Schafer answers common questions about Spacebase DF-9: http://steamcommunity.com/app/246090/discussions/0/613936673464943075/

“I thought you said you weren’t going to silently pull the plug?”

We are not silently pulling the plug. We are announcing our finishing features and v1.0 plan. I know it's not a lot of advance notice, but we're still here telling you our plan instead of vanishing quietly in the night.

So basically, "we're not silently pulling the plug, we're announcing that we're pulling the plug." :p

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.

Can we at least discuss why we put so many hours into a game, or is that too off topic for the Steam thread too? I know we're supposed to have more of a focus on buying games instead of playing them :p

What the hell?

Truly the definition of 3spoopy5me.

Jawmuncher

I would have been so salty if I paid $30 for the Dead Rising 3 DLC.

Yeah when I saw how much it was on XBO I decided to skip it.
I was better off just getting the PC version than that. THough from SteamGAFs impressions sounds like it's not even worth playing.

Shadowrun Dragonfall is a solid game, just spend 19 hours on it since release and I thoroughly.
I already liked Returns but Dragonfall fixed all the problem I had with it. I highly recommend it. My only complaint is in relation with a bug in
Blitz debt mission
which prevent me from completing it.

Hmm, if I were to want to replay the original Star Wars: Battlefront, how easy would it be to find it? I want to go back and see how it compared to 2, which is still fresh in my mind.

It's my birthday so here's a game that's kind of like myself: flawed but at least they tried (also easy on the eyes)
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-8A9109A6D2BFA222 - Taken by Teppic. 46 entrants total.

t1411327056z1.png

Turfster

Hmm, if I were to want to replay the original Star Wars: Battlefront, how easy would it be to find it? I want to go back and see how it compared to 2, which is still fresh in my mind.

There's loads of cheap copies on ebay, for what it's worth.
Even Amazon has cheap-ish copies.
(Lol at the 90$ for xbox copies, though)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah when I saw how much it was on XBO I decided to skip it.
I was better off just getting the PC version than that. THough from SteamGAFs impressions sounds like it's not even worth playing.
The mission design is pretty uninspired, but I can see them being a fun little romp if you ignore the collectables. I thought the stories were neat.

Jadax

After 6-7 months of 60kbs speed, I am finally back to virgin broadband (still crap, but not as bad).

Bring on all GAFgames!!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Splashtop Key (software) -- MB-1C0DCA74CD8CAFF6 - Taken by Jadax
Receiver -- MB-447F283D129FA6C1 - Taken by Easton Dark

Went to my computer to see steam was completely frozen other than being closable. Clicked on file directory and noticed my main drive was missing, nearly had a heart attack. Restarting fixed it but that can't be a sign of good things.

Turfster

Went to my computer to see steam was completely frozen other than being closable. Clicked on file directory and noticed my main drive was missing, nearly had a heart attack. Restarting fixed it but that can't be a sign of good things.

Time to back up data and get a new drive, methinks.
(altho it could also be the cable or the motherboard)

Just use a browser, and go to store.steampowered.com?cc=us . That's what i always do when I'm overseas anyway. No VPN, but you are still buying from your home storefront.

Just make sure you don't buy steam wallet in your browser then try to use it in your client (or vice versa), it will give u some error and you will be unable to purchase anything. If you buy steam wallet in the ?cc=us store, you must use it in that store.

Thanks!

And steam won't get pissy or anything? I like the service, but i have very little faith in their customer service.

Sarcasm

Have this laying around:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-05A85096BF05A8FD - Taken by astrogamer. 2 entrants total.

t1411318116z1.png

Turfster

Jesus, FEAR 1 Ultimate Edition takes 50GB. That's a biggun.

Includes the 2 expansion packs, back when expansion packs actually meant "another meaty game" ;)

Also, happy birthday, Widdly Scuds.
By the game you have chosen to give away, I see you are a person of exquisite taste ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom