• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
make fps games made in a week challenge
Woah, which tools would be good for that and 7 days is pretty short. Guess only possible for experienced folks. Wish there was a easy game builder on PC, but super-dummie-child-easy. Like Little Big Planet.
---
Wow, comments on VG247..
4mmfRIb.png

swSe66K.png
^^
It's a marketing point for the companies as well as fanboy ammunition for those who like to participate in those kinds of discussions. Petty stuff!
You are spot on sadly :/

Turfster

Woah, which tools would be good for that and 7 days is pretty short. Guess only possible for experienced folks. Wish there was a easy game builder on PC, but super-dummie-child-easy. Like Little Big Planet.

Well, it's not supposed to be totally polished ;)
SUPER HOT was part of the previous one, for example.
You can have something whipped up quite quickly in Unity and Unreal Engine.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wow, comments on VG247..

^^

I always have to wonder if the "2002" stands for the year this guy was born in. I hope not. I really do. Anyway he is completly right, fuck you guys for making Dead rising 3 basiclaly unplayable on xbo while you enjoy the Grade A port you received.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 3 -- MB-FD1CD8C99349A4B1
Redeem by October 6 #2
Tropico 3 -- MB-3A3C9D1F8EF0DA1C - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.
Redeem by October 6
Receiver -- MB-3B7540C6545CAA16 - Taken by Fox318. 1 entrants total.
Redeem by September 29

t1411418622z1.png

xeris

Steamgaf thoughts on Banished? Currently $7.99 on Humble

I liked it well enough. It's not as deep as some, but it is challenging figuring out the interactions and how to allocate your people. I don't think it has the "stickyness" that, say, Pharaoh does. Once you get a good city going and learn the tricks, that's pretty much it.

kiyomi

Bought the Bundlestars FPS bundle as well as the first STALKER because whythefucknot.

It's a good bundle and I'm looking forward to playing the STALKER games as well as Lovely Planet, but Bundlestars needs to come up with a better way of giving out those keys that doesn't just involve the customer copy and pasting a bunch of codes.

Fantastapotamus

What is this Origin Steamcommunity?
EA bought Steam.
Gabe and Notch then bought Belgium and plan to make an island in the pacific ocean out of it.

That's gotta be sarcasm.

Okay, reading a bit more of this guy: This can't be real.
Games fucked up by PC:
star wars
elder scrolls
avengers
resident evil
super mario pc emulators
assassins creed
battlefield

just playting a game thats also on pc makes me fucking sick every i dont trust anyone who plays games on a pc they should be given a mass extinction if you ask me

thanks patlike can i become a mod to what do i need to do become a mod i can pay monthly

I don't even know what Avengers is but I liked the movie enough so it makes me sad I ruined it.

tmarg

Yay! KSP is on sale! Now I can finally buy it. Unless it's gonna be on sale again for cheaper. Ahhhhhh

The devs have been quite insistent about it not going lower than that. They won't even let other distributors apply coupons or vouchers to it.

I'm sure eventually it will go lower, but I don't think that's happening any time soon.

xeris

Strange flash humble bundle. I guess I'll get the dollar tier since that high school girls one sounds odd

I picked up Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble in the Summer sale. I thought it was amusing, but the mini-games varied from way to easy to total guesswork. Story was OK but linear so there's not much reason to replay it unless you REALLY want to try a different character with only slightly different stats.

EA bought Steam.
Gabe and Notch then bought Belgium and plan to make an island in the pacific ocean out of it.

Okay, reading a bit more of this guy: This can't be real.

Games fucked up by PC:
star wars
elder scrolls
avengers
resident evil
super mario pc emulators
assassins creed
battlefield

just playting a game thats also on pc makes me fucking sick every i dont trust anyone who plays games on a pc they should be given a mass extinction if you ask me

thanks patlike can i become a mod to what do i need to do become a mod i can pay monthly

I don't even know what Avengers is but I liked the movie enough so it makes me sad I ruined it.

LgGPTRI.gif

Most likely fake (hopefully), but I still gained +15 Laughter from the Stream of Console Kid Tears.

Fantastapotamus

I like his profile message though, very classy.
I also now spent way too much time looking at the posts of either a troll or a psychopath.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow the lastest update of pathologic remake's kickstarter literally says "Pathologic is many things, but one of things it is not—it’s not fun."

so badass

i love it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
From the Zen: Fish SIM developers

Following the input from the Steam community and additional sources outside of Steam, Kiss Ltd has taken the decision to remove Zen Fish Sim from sale.

If you have already purchased Zen Fish Sim, you have 2 choices:
- You can keep the game. However, please note that there will be no further updates.
- You can request a refund. You will find a refund button on the store page or on your account page under 'Transactions'. The refund option will be available up to (and including) 21 October. The actual refund will occurs after that date.

Kiss would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Messiah

How is Life is Feudal still the topseller? Thought that game was in early alpha and pretty niche. Steam works in mysterious ways.

Nzyme32

Steam Client Beta Update - Sept 22nd
22 SEPTEMBER - SCHWINDLIG [STEFAN] - *****
General
simplified the user interface of the main window

Mac OS X
improved OS X retina graphics support

Steam Music Beta
fixed automatic removal of soundtracks if their game is removed
fixed display of discnumber in album titles in Big Picture
added Music Player in the task bar menu on Windows
implemented steam://musicplayer/play and similiar commands
tweaked user interface

fallout

Looking at the Humble Encore, I'd recommend Nidhogg at 5 dollars if you have people to play with locally. Some of the most fun I've had with a couch-competitive game in years.

Online multiplayer was effectively unplayable, so I wouldn't recommend picking it up if you don't have people to play with.

zkylon

zkylewd
How has this not reached it's goal yet?
They got like 50% on day one.
they're getting there

i think it's a game that many steamgaffers would love so i try to give it a lil bit promotion

like a survival horror esque game about surviving in a crazy russian surrealistic town with immersive sim design sensibilities and crazy art design

that's like the most dope shit ever

edit: also i feel like this thing they just released shows a lot of their intent in regards to gameplay. and it's like perfect

MRORANGE

I am pretty sure Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition for PC is nothing new, it's now £13.85 online for the retail version.

It will have no new updates or content, just a retail book, but it still undercuts the pricing of the original version hence why the conclusion.

Oh well.

I am pretty sure Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition for PC is nothing new, it's now £13.85 online for the retail version.

It will have no new updates or content, just a retail book, but it still undercuts the pricing of the original version hence why the conclusion.

Oh well.

Woah, I was just going to ask here if anyone knew if the Definitive Edition will bring anything new for PC players… I started downloading it yesterday, but I cancelled the download after reading about the Definitive Edition coming to PC just in case. Guess I'll start with it tomorrow, lol.

I still need the Year of the Snake DLC, I think…

Nzyme32

Oh well.

Shame. Was kind of hoping for something at least, but I guess the game is pretty great as it is anyway

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so they had the ArcheAge beta bundles for sale, but the actual game isnt on steam?

or am I just blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom