• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Tags recommended for you:
Detective
Noir
Open World

Damn it steam, I only played LA Noire for the Playfire Achievments!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The queue is pretty slick. You exhaust it and it auto-generates another one, presumably learning from what you said to the previous ones.

Everything's blue
In this world
The deepest shade of mushroom blue
All fuzzy
Spilling out of my head

As for my recommended tags, meh:

FPS
Coop
Platformers
Shooter
Multiplayer

I love platformers, but I really dislike online multiplayer. I'm more of an indie guy, but I guess that having played hundreds of hours of TF2 and BL1+2 skews the data a lot :/

swx

omg too much blue

g4W6nBp.gif

Randdalf

I like how they have a RottenTomatoes style thing for rating the games now, although I guess I'll still have to sometimes read the top reviews in order to determine whether it's just a salty community getting mad over nothing.

Man, I don't really like it that much. xD

SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX

Thanks!

MUnited83

For you.
The only thing I don't like is the "Popular New Releases". Fuck that, I want to see all that was released(yeah, I know I can click on the all new releases page but I'd rather have that on the main page)

Annubis

I was looking at the recommendations and saw this:

A free japanese VN on Steam I didn't know about?
Damn, I'm already thankful for this new recommendation thing.

I've got some work to do.

Not to add to your workload, or suggest something you probably have already thought about, but do you think it would be possible to allow the Store panels ("Curators"/"Recently Updated") to be rearranged by the user; or at very least bump the store part of it to the top, isntead of bottom?

Thanks, either way, and best of luck!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Discovery Queue doesn't work properly with old F2P games that don't add +1; it recommends them even if you already have them.

Recommended for you "Detective games", "Noire", lol.

Yeah, sounds like Steam noticed I played 40 hours of L.A. Noire.

It's great that now in the store front you get big "Recommended for you" banners. Some rather interesting stuff is showing there.

ALL THIS BLUE, GABEN, ALL THIS BLUE.

bigkrev

I think using Idlemaster on 180 or so games last month ruined the predictions for me- it had my top tag as Platformer, which is probably my least favorite type of game, but I own a billion of them from various bundles

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not to add to your workload, or suggest something you probably have already thought about, but do you think it would be possible to allow the Store panels ("Curators"/"Recently Updated") to be rearranged by the user; or at very least bump the store part of it to the top, isntead of bottom?

Thanks, either way, and best of luck!

Probably so. I'm going to focus first on updating the existing features (or removing the now-redundant ones) and then start work on adding new features to their updated UI. Should be a fun couple of weeks.

Miker

I think using Idlemaster on 180 or so games last month ruined the predictions for me- it had my top tag as Platformer, which is probably my least favorite type of game, but I own a billion of them from various bundles

Same here. Idle Master just went through Tropico 4 and now all my recommendations are city builders.

Parsnip

I think I need to update few of my stylish scripts for the store.
But I guess I should look at it first and decide what I want to change first.

Probably so. I'm going to focus first on updating the existing features (or removing the now-redundant ones) and then start work on adding new features to their updated UI. Should be a fun couple of weeks.

Bless you.

Lomax

Valve knows me better than my own family. Either that or it just based all these on the fact that I've been playing Remember Me.

Lgay8TI.jpg

Also, recommending me games already in my wishlist is pretty silly.

iosefe

i'm rather fond of the new system

Tags recommended for you
Sniper
Stealth
Multiplayer
Great Soundtrack
Sandbox.

I think i played too much Sniper Elite the past few weeks, i'm sure KSP and terraria count towards that too

i made a thread as i think the changing storefront actually really means a lot in how steam is perceiving their future business plans and i think this is a big deal

Khronico

Wow I get back from vacation and this is what Steam is now. I legit thought it broke or something. Not a fan so far.

Recommended Tags:
Co-op
Open World
FPS
Shooter
Third Person Shooter

Pretty accurate representation of my tastes. Curiously missing RPG's but eh.

Turfster

Stop recommending me every single fucking military game because I played sniper elite 3, Steam =p

It's even more hilarious when you look at the tags it recommends:
Cyberpunk, point & click, scifi, turn-based, noir

"Adventure games recommended for you: Euro Truck simulator 2 & Warband."
What?

"Gauntlet since you recently played Gold Rush! Classic"
"Counter -strike: Global Offensive since you recently played Gold Rush! Classic"
How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom