• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Blue is the new green, apparently.

sKLESbl.png

Miker

Hmm, are there no curators at the moment, or is there something up on my end? I didn't think they'd launch it without, say, RPS or Totalbiscuit or somebody curating something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've got some work to do.

jblank83

It's more blue. Like... really blue.

I hate how the "top sellers, recent releases, on sale" and "specials" lists have been bumped to the bottom of the page in favor of the "recommended curators" and "explore your queue".

I don't give two fucks about what Steam or "curators" (I hate that term so much) think I should be interested in. I find the lists very useful and I want them at the top. Or give me the ability to arrange the page as I see fit. Now that would be some "curation".

On the bright side, it seems that Steam no longer resets you to the first page when browsing through a list. That's nice.

I like it.

MUnited83

For you.
I know people don't like it because it's overly blue, but all things considered this is awesome(imo).

User reviews percentage is in!

Dr Dogg

Why do I get the feeling Triad Wars is looking very much like State of Decay but MP focused? Also the Definative Edution is stupidly cheap that MRORANGE is proberly right in it just being repackaged (there's a £20-£25 price difference between PC and current gen console versions). Still I'm only in it for the artbook and fingers crossed the lure of a seperate achievement list.

And Steam is mighty blue. Discovery Update is an awful name though.

I don't want a single one of the recommended games on the home page. GOOD JOB STEAM

My recommended tags:
Classic
Singleplayer
Remake
Turn-Based
Atmospheric

Fair enough, although I don't remember having too many remakes.

Annubis

I think the tag recommendation only looks at what you've played lately because mine says "dinosaurs" and the only thing dinosaur in my whole library is Orion that I idled a bit ago.

kulapik

Shackles, now the reviews has a Positive and Negative tab and it indicates the number. Now you can make the approval disapproval rate more accurate! <33333

Edit: Wait, Steam now does it by itself. GOD I'M SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAA

Hugstable

Banned
I must say I'm really enjoying this Final Fantasy IV port so far. Just reached Mysidia and yeah sure the gameplay is at a fixed 30 fps for fields and 15 fps for battles, but you get used to it after awhile and the gameplay of the DS version along with the augments make the game pretty fun. Plus the acheivements are spaced out pretty well and you get them all the time just by playing the game, but there seems to be a few really tough ones snuck in there for good measure also such as beating the new boss form the DS version Proto-Babil. I wouldn't know if it's worth it for everyone especially since the price is around 16$, but probably on a sale it's a decent playthrough if you want to relive nostalgia of a great Final Fantasy game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shackles, now the reviews has a Positive and Negative tab and it indicates the number. Now you can make the approval disapproval rate more accurate! <33333

Yep! I only asked them to do that like months ago, but I'll take it. Valve time and all that.

Turfster

Valve, please, please let me remove that bullshit new/recently updated/Recommended/explore/curators block that takes up valuable screen space and does nothing for me.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How do you guys get that update? I HIT SEARCH FOR UPDATE AND IT TELLS ME IM UP TO DATE

Edit: Oh, I had to opt out of the Beta. Okay

jblank83

Seriously, fuck your curators and recommendations. Stick that shit under community.

Give me back my lists and daily special.

firstworldproblems, etc

does someone want to make a thread?

steam store page with different discoverability and curation is kind of a big deal with all the whining about letting more games on

Valve, please, please let me remove that bullshit new/recently updated/Recommended/explore/curators block that takes up valuable screen space and does nothing for me.

cant you customize?

Dr.Acula

Banned
There's a search bar that persists while you navigate. Is that new?

I like how they added the ability to spawn separate windows a while back, but I haven't noticed the search thing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom