• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Oh no. Will I see a quote from TotalBiscuit on almost every game page because he'll probably be the most followed curator?

Surely that will only be if you follow him? They will have to implement a way to stop that, because 9 times out of 10 I can't stand the recommendations of the popular cats

Jawmuncher

Jshackles disable Curator comments on store pages PLEASE.

Surely that will only be if you follow him? They will have to implement a way to stop that, because 9 times out of 10 I can't stand the recommendations of the popular cats

Just checked it's there no matter what.

The_Monk

I wish this curator thing would focus more on what common users have to say about some games, genres, play-styles, etc. instead of just recommending them. I also understand that anyone can become one but for some bigger websites or youtube celebrities this is just going to be another source for them to spam their previous work, just like Twitter, facebook or other media. I can already see good PC players trying to create something interesting but it might get buried because the popular names/websites/critics are going to rise pretty quickly.

One thing I really like from Steam reviews created by the "common player" is that they are different from those from the gaming websites. Besides, they are made with true commitment and joy since they are not getting paid for writing them (I'm talking about those who say something a little longer than 150 characters about a game).

Edit:

Oh no. Will I see a quote from TotalBiscuit on almost every game page because he'll probably be the most followed curator?

I also dislike this feature.

yuraya

When did that happen? They decided to drop all this info pretty suddenly..... actually.. was it not this time last year that they did their series of announcements about SteamOS/Controller/Machines? Valve might actually have a schedule, and dare I say, a plan

Link

Locust

Hope they make the curator recommendation header in activity feed thinner later, that extra large block is just obnoxious.

r3n4ud

Why can't I see upcoming games, besides the ones that are listed on the first page? And why isn't the date listed when the game releases without actually going the the game's page.

ffs

Lomax

I honestly can't imagine any of this curation stuff is going to be of much use to the type of people that frequent this thread. I mean, why would I follow PC Gamer when the chance they will expose me to a game I haven't already heard about is minimal? But for casual Steam users who only check occasionally I can see it being nice. Will be interesting to see how it integrates with Steam Sales and the like which tend to completely alter the whole UI.

That honor will probably go to RPS once they get going so prepare for garbage quotes from them instead.

Jshackles, please find a way to rearrange the front page in ES :p

Cho Dengeki Stryker All Ages Version

Recommended By Curators
"A longer VN which Story heavily relies on Shounen tropes and "epic" battles. Some like it, some do not."

PRETTY USEFUL THX

This is hopeless lol

Turfster

Nope.
Check Iron Fisticle which is 'curated' by retro remakes (an actually interesting person to follow), and the recommendation shows up even if you don't follow him.

If there's more than one curator, it lists a couple of icons and then picks a random one, I think.

Nzyme32

I do like how the entire storefront is still made for a phone and not for 16:9 (or other) monitors.

Come to think of it, how the hell is BPM going to be able to handle all this stuff? This works for desktops but would clearly be better suited to a wider format, but I don't see it translating too well to mobile and BPM with the larger fonts and smaller screen space

Nope.
Check Iron Fisticle which is 'curated' by retro remakes (an actually interesting person to follow), and the recommendation shows up even if you don't follow him.

Yeah, that's got to change. At least be optional or changeable to something else such as friend recommendations.

Zafir

I like that they've added customisation on the little front page windows. However, why haven't they added them to the New Releases/Top Sellers/Upcomming/Specials lists... That's where I most wanted the customisation. >.<

wilflare

is there a single unified list where you can see what you are "following"?
I went thru my Discovery Queue and foolishly added a bunch of games to my "following"

jblank83

2014-09-23_02-30-54.jpg

I'm curating my groin right now. Also, buy Hatoful Boyfriend.

Consider yourself CURATED.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean visually i think it looks pretty awful but feature wise sounds better and seems to be working faster

also customization sounds nice

I went thru my Discovery Queue and foolishly added a bunch of games to my "following"

There's a list somewhere. I want to believe.

All I've figured out thus far is that Followed items are different from Wishlisted items.

Nabs

Go to your Games list on your profile. There's a followed tab there (games/?tab=followed).

The_Monk

What's the maximum tabs we can have on our profile such game collector, achievement showcase, items for trade, etc?

I know they are tied to your Steam Level but can anyone please post the level you need to be to have more tabs? Thanks in advance.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
new steam looks pretty cool

but jshackles get working on it already my brain can't handle dat broken header T_T

I'm already on it. Speaking of which:

7F2m5AK.png

I know Steam added it themselves, but it seems like a lot of their pages lack the correct information (ie GTA IV). Does GAF think this warning would still be useful? Or should I just make the weak-ass yellow one they have red instead?

Cho Dengeki Stryker All Ages Version

Recommended By Curators
"A longer VN which Story heavily relies on Shounen tropes and "epic" battles. Some like it, some do not."

PRETTY USEFUL THX

No problem.
Seriously. In 140 characters you cant really write much about a VN. Cho Dengeki Stryker feels like a shounen-manga, but 140 characters isnt really enough to write about it.

Especially about VNs. Some really want a VN that offers a lot of drama like Key VNs. Some just want action like the MuvLuv VNs. Some just want an eroge, that focuses on hentaiscenes.

Zafir

I think the update managed to screw my metro ui too. I'm getting 3 duplicates of the 'Profile' and 'Community' lists. x.x

adTK8iE.png

zkylon

zkylewd
can i be a curator?

i would like to be a curator

sounds fun

I'm already on it.
ieWiXIOIzAlu1.gif

exactly what i wanted to hear

just cake

Speaking of which:

7F2m5AK.png

I know Steam added it themselves, but it seems like a lot of their pages lack the correct information (ie GTA IV). Does GAF think this warning would still be useful? Or should I just make the weak-ass yellow one they have red instead?
well i mean by now it's your job to fix up valve's mess so i don't see why not :3

Li Kao

Me. Just wanted to test some things out.

I think its nice to directly see the NeoGAF thread if you click on the links.

Yup, really nice.

I'm still trying to process the changes. The discovery list in particular, if I simply skip a game, will steam show it again sometime or not ?

We gotta start writing reviews, otherwise I may have to unfollow GAF :O

I just think its nice that you can directly link to the Steamthread there. Like if you follow the NeoGAF group and see some of the games there and want to discuss about it or have some question, you can just click it and be in the NeoGAF thread about it

Whoever is handling the Neogaf curator thing...

That's not how recommendations work :p

Like I said. I didnt really do it seriously. I was just testing out how it works.

Nzyme32

Me. Just wanted to test some things out.

I think its nice to directly see the NeoGAF thread if you click on the links.

Wow, that's actually pretty damn handy considering the GAF reviews are what I like to read... but damn man... I don't think I'm into the whole waifu, anime games, but apparently that's all y'all play

zkylon

zkylewd
it's kind of jarring how the community part of the page is so different tho

i guess they'll do a staggered update to not blow everything up, seems wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom