• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

Finally indications whether you own the game or if it's on your wishlist. I'll still use Enhanced Steam for the historical lowest prices feature though :)

We need better recommendations for the NeoGAF group.

It kinda sucks that it seems like only group Admins get to review the games. It'd be ideal if there was a separate "reviewer" member level that allows you to review without full group admin-level access.

Essentially, I'd totally review stuff, but I can't (and I'm a little upset about it). :'(

mucRNgD.gif

I actually made my own group to do curator-stuff.
*shrug*

It kinda sucks that it seems like only group Admins get to review the games. It'd be ideal if there was a separate "reviewer" member level that allows you to review without full group admin-level access.

Essentially, I'd totally review stuff, but I can't (and I'm a little upset about it). :'(

mucRNgD.gif

Yeah. Thats one thing thats a bit strange.

It would be good if I can give some people "curator" rights in the GAF group.

GAF's curation list would have to include every game on Steam.

Bad rats would be, "One of the most gifted games within SteamGAF!"

I'm mildly shocked at how many of TotalBiscuit's recommendations I agree with.

Of all the people and companies scrambling to curate, I feel that TotalBiscuit is one of the few that would try to be genuine about his thoughts.

His GOG.com strategy game recommendation list is what gives me this impression.

iosefe

So apparently a demo of Fungal Fantasy XV will be in every copy of Final Fantasy type-0 when it launch in early 2015. The demo will be about 3 hours long.

Type-0 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

*gasp* better go pre-order my copy.

you don't leave the steam thread much do you?

Nzyme32

mucRNgD.gif

Yeah this seems particularly annoying. As a big group of people though, it would be possible to have multiple reviews of games that could even conflict. So I'm not sure what the solution should be

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welp, they'll be happy

68uISTC.png

It's nice that these figures are on the store page now so I can finally calculate this correctly without having to query an API.

(As a side note, some Valve employees emailed me encouraging me to keep the thumbs up / thumbs down icons where they are because they prefer them the way Enhanced Steam does them to the way this is done by default now.)

Whoa, the Steam store sure looks different! It must be sad, because it's very blue.

Jokes aside, it seems like Valve finally implemented the new curation features it had promised a long time ago. I just started following the GAF list, of course.

Ya blue it.
But really there is too much blue.

Tellaerin

"Not interested titles will not be recommended to you and will not appear in featured areas."

By "in featured areas", do they mean on the front page during sales, etc.? I'm reluctant to dislike anything now for fear that Steam will "helpfully" decide not to display it if it goes on sale - there are a lot of things I personally might not be interested in, but that I'd give a heads-up to friends about if they were to go on sale.

I wish there was a more transparent way to "teach" the AI what you do and don't want to see. "Show me more like this." "Don't show me games of this type." (I'd want to do that with F2P games, since Steam seems to be recommending a million of those to me right now.) "Show me games with the tag ____________". Etc.

rookiejet

It kind of feels like work processing the Recommended Queue. Damnit, Valve, just read my mind. Then inject the game drug directly into my veins, I'm too exhausted to work for my gratification

Turfster

It kind of feels like work processing the Recommended Queue. Damnit, Valve, just read my mind. Then inject the game drug directly into my veins, I'm too exhausted to work for my gratification

The recommended queue would feel less like work if it would stop suggesting shit you definitely don't want.

Made a badge for Elminage Gothic after playing for a bit and getting all the card drops, as well as the cards from a friend who completely doesn't care about making badges.

about 10 minutes later this appears in my inventory:

wAVRmIp.jpg

Lomax

I like that there's at least some filtering options on the Weeklong deals page, but how is there no "don't show already owned" option? That just seems silly. And always having to view 25 at a time? What is this, 1996?

Also, anyone have an opinion on Ironclad Tactics? I remember being interested when it was first released but it sort of fell off my radar. Looks like it's due for bundling but 75% off is a bit tempting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oddly?

First thing I looked for when new Steam launched.

I only say "oddly" because before the store went live, Valve (and by extension, a lot of indie developers who previewed the system with them) said it was going to be the best thing ever.

Jawmuncher

I only say "oddly" because before the store went live, Valve (and by extension, a lot of indie developers who previewed the system with them) said it was going to be the best thing ever.

I think it was because we all assumed we would have more control.
My biggest gripe is curator's im not even a part of having comments above the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom