• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's actually pretty damn handy considering the GAF reviews are what I like to read... but damn man... I don't think I'm into the whole waifu, anime games, but apparently that's all y'all play

Of course not. If anyone wants to do it, be my guest. I was just testing some things out. If you send me some games and recommendations, I can add them there.

Annubis

I know Steam added it themselves, but it seems like a lot of their pages lack the correct information (ie GTA IV). Does GAF think this warning would still be useful? Or should I just make the weak-ass yellow one they have red instead?

You can never have too many warnings for 3rd party DRM.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome. Should we expect a quick fix for some of the broken stuff or are you already working on a full update for the new store? Also, if it's not asking too much, is there an ETA?

I'm not too sure about an ETA (because I'm still finding stuff that isn't working) but my guess would be some time in the next 2 days. I'm gunning to get it finished by tomorrow but my gut tells me that may not be realistic.

You can never have too many warnings for 3rd party DRM.

Also what I was thinking, but we'll see how it plays out.

Just wondering, should we make an own thread for the NeoGAF curation list?

I mean I just added these things as a test, but we can make it "big" for SteamGAF, if we add the games and their respective threads in those list.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My opinion, not that it counts for anything: Use Valve's existing DRM indicator, but apply colours with more pop instead of the sort of beige-gold they're using.

That's kind of what I was thinking, as well as updating their list of DRM since their system doesn't account for a game having multiple types like Enhanced Steam does.

It's a step in the right direction, at least.

Shadownet

Banned
So apparently a demo of Fungal Fantasy XV will be in every copy of Final Fantasy type-0 when it launch in early 2015. The demo will be about 3 hours long.

Type-0 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

*gasp* better go pre-order my copy.

Nabs

Just wondering, should we make an own thread for the NeoGAF curation list?

I mean I just added these things as a test, but we can make it "big" for SteamGAF, if we add the games and their respective threads in those list.

You'll have to do something. Anything is better than linking to marketing campaigns OTs.

jshackles

So apparently a demo of Fungal Fantasy XV will be in every copy of Final Fantasy type-0 when it launch in early 2015. The demo will be about 3 hours long.

Type-0 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

*gasp* better go pre-order my copy.

*gasp* I better go buy a PS4
I was already planning on getting one, just for these games

Turfster

Oh dear.
Every time a curator you're following recommends something, it ends up in your friend activity.
It's going to be a good idea to wait a few days before actually following groups, I think =p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, the Steam store sure looks different! It must be sad, because it's very blue.

Jokes aside, it seems like Valve finally implemented the new curation features it had promised a long time ago. I just started following the GAF list, of course.

I'm liking the new Steam store functionality, but holy shit, there is tons of wasted space on the store pages. Wish there was some way to tweak the CSS or whatever in the client (it should be easy enough to do in a browser).

Something I noticed is Valve got rid of the 'watch HD video' button on store pages. And the trailers that load on the main page are still some stupidly low resolution.

:(

Messiah

Oh dear.
Every time a curator you're following recommends something, it ends up in your friend activity.
It's going to be a good idea to wait a few days before actually following groups, I think =p

You can disable that via friend activity settings.

Edit: Beware of ninjas

We need better recommendations for the NeoGAF group.

It kinda sucks that it seems like only group Admins get to review the games. It'd be ideal if there was a separate "reviewer" member level that allows you to review without full group admin-level access.

Essentially, I'd totally review stuff, but I can't (and I'm a little upset about it). :'(

mucRNgD.gif

Tellaerin

In honor of the store update.
I really do like the new color scheme, and I didn't think I would.

Apparently everything in my discovery queue is being recommended because it's either "popular" or "a top seller" - is that the same for everyone, or does the store just not "know" me well enough to make better recommendations yet?

jediyoshi

I'm liking the new Steam store functionality, but holy shit, there is tons of wasted space on the store pages. Wish there was some way to tweak the CSS or whatever in the client (it should be easy enough to do in a browser).

Yeah, it's interesting how much they're pushing for users to submit reviews. Other than that, I'd rather recommended curators not actually be listed on store pages, especially over reviews themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom