• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So why come this thread don't crash the GAF?

It's not the not-spending-money part that's great about free games, it's the winning something part.

Most certainly. It has brought GAF together. This is one of the best threads Ive ever taken part in. Its like an E3 Party without the server dying

jtb

Banned
Any chance Civilization 5 will go cheaper than 14.99 this sale.

Yes I read the OP and I know to wait for dailies or flashes. But I'm trying to recall if civ before has popped up on a daily or flash.
I only want the base game. It's something I really wanna try out and revolution never came to PC.

lowest Civ 5 gold has gone for is 12.49, lowest Civ 5 has gone for (flash iirc) is 7.49. Civ 5 gold (1st expansion + base game) is also on Amazon for $20, bundled together with Civ 4 complete and XCOM if you're interested in that.

donny2112

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4

this any good?

Haven't played 3 or 4. 1 or 2 were fine, but you have to really enjoy Penny-Arcade's style (or point-and-click games) to get into it. With the continuing story, would imagine that 3 and 4 are playable but would miss some of the intricacies of the story, if you haven't played 1 and/or 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I WAS ONE POST TOO EARLY WHAT.

Anyway, for the new page -

The Season Pass contains the only actual content-expanding DLC; the rest is just fluff like armour and weapons, which are worthless if you've sunk a fair amount of time into the game.

kuYuri

Me trying to use Universe Sandbox.

VLDbQ6e.png

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well, the last hour and a half of my life spent playing FTL was certainly not wasted.

So good, damn.

Only an hour and a half? You got off easy. I've seen five hours vanish in the blink of an eye because of FTL. That game just makes time disappear.

zashga

Anyone know if Might & Magic Heroes VI still requires Ubisoft's crappy u-play service to run? I'd consider trying it out at $10, but it gives me pause that the recent DLC (with the dungeon town) doesn't seem to be available for purchase separately. I really wish Ubisoft would get its act together on PC.

Anybody got kind words for M&M Clash of Heroes? I've heard that it's okay.

Clash of Heroes is an excellent game; probably the best thing to bear the Might & Magic name in the past decade. It's much lighter than the other series, so go in expecting a cartoony presentation and a somewhat goofy premise for "combat". It's a really well-crafted puzzle game, though. I'd definitely recommend it, especially at such a steep discount.

Cynar

No it wasn't, precisely because it shits up a thread. Prior to ModBot, the most common ways of giving away keys were "PM if you want ...", "Quote if you want", and "Quote to see ...", followed by just sticking keys in a post in plain sight for anybody to grab.
These types of give always with winner at post # need to stop. They just end in non stop spam.

fleck0

Haven't played 3 or 4. 1 or 2 were fine, but you have to really enjoy Penny-Arcade's style (or point-and-click games) to get into it. With the continuing story, would imagine that 3 and 4 are playable but would miss some of the intricacies of the story, if you haven't played 1 and/or 2.

The two made by zeboyd (3 and 4) move away from point and click. For those you have to like games based on SNES era RPGs with a PA style wordy sense of humor. I found 3 a little TOO accurate in that the random battles quickly became irritating.

Re: Age of Empires II HD
don't buy it

the group that handled the hd port did an awful job with it and no it hasn't been fixed
Didn't they just do a bare bones port to get to run on modern PCs and not bother trying to fix bugs? I never knew how buggy AoE2 was supposed to be, spent most of my time in AoE1, which, if there were bugs in that one, I mostly missed them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Protip for everyone playing FTL. Get the Mantis ship asap.

Most fun ship in the game.

How did you fair?
My first couple playthroughs always ended with the Mantis invading my shit and being assholes.

Lure them to fight in your med-bay. Get improved blast doors as well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Lost my ship twice on FTL. The game is hard as fuck.

First time I lost all crew members during or right after the first fight, even before I was able to make my second jump.

Second time I got to sector 2, then the Normandy got damaged in a fight. I tried to rescue some allies, but the enemy was too strong, and my ship was destroyed.

Tellaerin

Lost my ship twice on FTL. The game is hard as fuck.

First time I lost all crew members during or right after the first fight, even before I was able to make my second jump.

Second time I got to sector 2, then the Normandy got damaged in a fight. I tried to rescue some allies, but the enemy was too strong, and my ship was destroyed.

Wasn't that the beginning of ME2? >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom