• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost my ship twice on FTL. The game is hard as fuck.

First time I lost all crew members during or right after the first fight, even before I was able to make my second jump.

Second time I got to sector 2, then the Normandy got damaged in a fight. I tried to rescue some allies, but the enemy was too strong, and my ship was destroyed.

Tips:

Just keep going. You'll eventually work out strategies to deal with everything...and that is the fun part of the game. After many hours, you will crack it and it will feel great.

Jawmuncher

Dunder is selling Civ 5 Gold for $8.

Thanks for the heads up sent him a PM.

lowest Civ 5 gold has gone for is 12.49, lowest Civ 5 has gone for (flash iirc) is 7.49. Civ 5 gold (1st expansion + base game) is also on Amazon for $20, bundled together with Civ 4 complete and XCOM if you're interested in that.

Thanks for putting the pricing into perspective for me. Hopefully Dunder didn't sell it yet than. Since he'd have the best deal.

Turfster

No it wasn't, precisely because it shits up a thread. Prior to ModBot, the most common ways of giving away keys were "PM if you want ...", "Quote if you want", and "Quote to see ...", followed by just sticking keys in a post in plain sight for anybody to grab.

Well, it was for the crazy giveaway/bingo threads I used to frequent during other sales/major holidays anyway. *shrug*

I have a Ubisoft Code for Splinter Cell Blacklist ( Not to hyped for the game really ) to trade. The game Im looking for is Metro Last Light since that was the game I was promised included in my GPU sale promo. Whoever is up for the trade PM me.

Serious Traders please.

Re: Age of Empires II HD

Didn't they just do a bare bones port to get to run on modern PCs and not bother trying to fix bugs? I never knew how buggy AoE2 was supposed to be, spent most of my time in AoE1, which, if there were bugs in that one, I mostly missed them.

basically yup.

I still have my retail age of kings disc somewhere so I can't compare but there was a lot of problems with the "HD" version at release. They shouldn't have released the game the state it was in when it came out and it was a hot turd. They're still patching it but it's not at an "acceptable" level yet and they don't deserve your money until then

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bought Kinetic Void on a whim because I liked the description.

I should've waited for Kerbal Space Program.

antitrop

Only an hour and a half? You got off easy. I've seen five hours vanish in the blink of an eye because of FTL. That game just makes time disappear.
I have to exercise and go to sleep, work early in the morning. Otherwise I would have kept going, had to save and quit in the middle of a game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks for the heads up sent him a PM.

Thanks for putting the pricing into perspective for me. Hopefully Dunder didn't sell it yet than. Since he'd have the best deal.

Dunder has a million of them things lol. Seriously, he is the best.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't that the beginning of ME2? >.>
Haha you're right, I mimicked that game pretty well.

Got my ass handed to me.

Tips:

Just keep going. You'll eventually work out strategies to deal with everything...and that is the fun part of the game. After many hours, you will crack it and it will feel great.
So you're saying I gotta make another run right now? 'Cause I'm in. Gotta show those bastards who's boss!

I think it's time for a good 'ol modbot give away to get this thread back on track.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-EF72776B07D23AE5 - Taken by Novacain
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-DB15B1B8A92973B0 - Taken by carfo
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-D648DD4B568B55C4 - Taken by A Human Becoming

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got back from Pacific Rim - did I miss anything?

I see Universe Sandbox got cards which makes me happy. I see Pluto isn't one of them which makes me sad.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Universe Sandbox is basically a playable version of Google Sky I guess. Really haven't figured it out yet.

Crayons

Banned
i know right. i didn't even say anything, and now i am being defamed.

M7AGMcO.png

Smash88

Banned
I think Kinetic Void is good. It's still in really early alpha, compared to Kerbal - It definitely has potential. Plus it was super cheap.

Is Quantum Condundrum + DLC any good? I've read mixed reviews on the game

If you liked Portal you will like this game, made by some of the main devs that made Portal.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I think this is the second time A Human Becoming has beaten me out on a game!? I've only tried for games twice.

Ah well!

No Hope Mode in Resident Evil 6 is such a great challenge, really makes you rely on your dodges and skill as a player, especially as the actual skills are disabled. Great fun.

Maybe not the best difficulty to play with a first timer though, my friend died 17 times in two chapters :D He's pretty patient though, and got better as we played which was fun to see.

I switched to mouse and keyboard and aiming is a lot more fluid obviously, think I'll stay with it. Only negative is some of the keys like the help one are a bit spread out. Then again, a lot of that is probably just getting used to it after 70 hours of playing the game with a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom