• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

yE0drIa.png

I am winner

jtb

Banned
How's RCT 3 in comparison to 1 and 2? Those first couple are IMO absolutely fantastic, but 3 has that weird fully 3D graphics that just don't age well at all. Is there enough content and maps and scenarios in there to still make it worthwhile at $5?

the only reason I'd get RCT3 is if you've always wanted to design waterparks. the Soaked! expansion is pretty decent and offers a facet that was criminally ignored in the first 2 games. also, there seems to be a pretty active community if you're into recreations of parks and that kind of thing.

other than that, I'd stick with the first two (namely 2). the core mechanics didn't translate as well between dev studios + the jump to 3D, imo, and other than 3D graphics, the feature sets are largely the same.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nothing in the DLC is worth having. Not even the bonus tomb. None of it. I'd have paid to NOT have the DLC because it ruins progression. So, no. None of it is worth buying at any price. Game is great, DLC is balls.

Mostly this. I picked up the extra tomb cause it was cheap and I am thinking of doing another playthrough.

But seriously, watch out for the "Pay to Unlock" DLC which really ruins the single player experience. If you're not sure, get Enhanced Steam (it will tell you).

Try running the beta (hlm) if you're running OG hotline miami. Gamemaker is a horrible piece of shit that broke the game randomly at start for me. The new beta coded in an actual programming language has been rock solid though.

Worked like a charm and now Im enjoying this awesome game!

God damn, I wish SS2 or Deus Ex were on mac. I love these old good cheap games that my computer has no trouble running. Half-life has been awesome

I was speaking in terms of Downloadable Content not Downloadable Crap. ;) And I did mention the tomb via the edit.

Ok ok, it's clear, thanks :)

Nothing in the DLC is worth having. Not even the bonus tomb. None of it. I'd have paid to NOT have the DLC because it ruins progression. So, no. None of it is worth buying at any price. Game is great, DLC is balls.

That's what I don't want, to ruin my progression, so I think I'll just keep the game as is it!

Thank you to all of you for your answers :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jshackle's tag should be 'Enhanced Member.'

I would use that instantly but I've trained myself to always use the client, I don't think I have ever logged into Steam from Firefox in 9 years, lol, not even once.

Do it! Someone on the thread yesterday said "using Enhanced Steam was like putting glasses on for the first time". That's about on par with the general reaction I get from people. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's what I don't want, to ruin my progression, so I think I'll just keep the game as is it!

Thank you to all of you for your answers :D

The tomb doesn't ruin progression in any way; it's just tomb like any other in the game. At 74c you may as well snap it up.

jshackles

jshackles

Wine...I've heard mixed things, but the performance is okay? The only problem is the game is a whopping TEN DOLLARS there, what are they thinking

Yeah, performance is fine. A little bit higher than the original, but hey, the original runs on a toaster.

GOG.com had their sale a few weeks ago, it was $5 then. It comes with the soundtrack too.

jtb

Banned
Wine...I've heard mixed things, but the performance is okay? The only problem is the game is a whopping TEN DOLLARS there, what are they thinking

you just missed their summer sale lol. as for wine, I had no trouble running various apps (including 2D Paradox games, so stuff that can get relatively system intensive, if not necessarily graphical powerhouses) so while ymmv, given how old the games are, I'd say you won't have any trouble.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not to ruin the hilarity of the above giveaway, but I've tweaked ModBot to be more strict about which URLs it can accept as gifts for somewhat obvious reasons. ;)

AlexBasch

Okay, I have an Hotline Miami Owl, TF2 Spy, Chivalry and Football Manager cards.

Anyone wants those? I can't sell them or even know what to do with those anyway. :p

demolitio

Steam works with a prepaid MasterCard correct? I had a normal MC account on there but had to close it and only have a little bit of cash so I thought about buying a small prepaid card so I can get a few $5 games that are replayable over and over again.

If that works, I might have luck getting a few games to hold me over.

Can anyone answer this? I got conflicting answers on a few sites about it needing to be the same company so I'm hesitant to do anything and don't want to miss any of my most-wanted games if they come up.

Hate even having to be in this position after having $4,000 just a month ago...lol

Prophane33

I did it, I bit the bullet and bought FTL with my own money. Saving that card-earned steam wallet money for the next time Euro Truck goes on sale.

jshackles

That reminds me.

MY ES isn't working for some odd reason.

Have you tried restarting your browser and/or clearing the Enhanced Steam cache (in the Enhanced Steam menu at the top of each page)?

ES relies heavily on the Steam Web API - which has occasionally stopped working at various points in the sale. Could be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom