• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Anyone a Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 player? I used to avidly play the original with the two expansions way back when. How does #3 compare?

the only reason I'd get RCT3 is if you've always wanted to design waterparks. the Soaked! expansion is pretty decent and offers a facet that was criminally ignored in the first 2 games. also, there seems to be a pretty active community if you're into recreations of parks and that kind of thing.

other than that, I'd stick with the first two (namely 2). the core mechanics didn't translate as well between dev studios + the jump to 3D, imo, and other than 3D graphics, the feature sets are largely the same.

my two cents

Smash88

Banned
MILgBQT.jpg

Anyone know how to see which DLC this is? I can't see the full name, even when I try to slide "acquisition method" over to the right.

Prophane33

with these horrible prices?

Prices are horrible compared to pre-sale; however, I just started yesterday and still have quite a few games to go through. I could not care less about badges (outside of the Steam Summer Sale one), I just want more money to buy games. The market was bound to crash as soon as cards were promoted during a sale. In the free market when there is such a large inflow of supply everyone is going to try and undercut each other.

The price is directly under the picture ($2.50). We'll know when the timer runs down in 4 hours.

Oh sorry. I have not actually gone to the Steam store page in awhile, but thank you for taking the time to answer.

Another question (again sorry I'm such a Steam noob) - but you said the timer will run down in 4 hours, but how long does the flash sale itself last? Will I still be able to buy it first thing in the morning? Say around 9am. (I live in the US on the east coast).

Its just that I can't really wait up 4 more hours as I have two young children to care for who will be up very early, so rest is essential - but System Shock 2 is a game I have heard many great things about and id love to see for myself what all the buzz is about.

Grief.exe

Oh sorry. I have not actually gone to the Steam store page in awhile, but thank you for taking the time to answer.

Another question (again sorry I'm such a Steam noob) - but you said the timer will run down in 4 hours, but how long does the flash sale itself last? Will I still be able to buy it first thing in the morning? Say around 9am. (I live in the US on the east coast).

Its just that I can't really wait up 4 more hours as I have two young children to care for who will be up very early, so rest is essential - but System Shock 2 is a game I have heard many great things about and id love to see for myself what all the buzz is about.

System Shock 2 is one of the best games I've played this year.

Still holds up today.

reddmyst

I tried to confirm all these keys. I'm sorry if you get an invalid one.

WH40K Gold will require additional keys from me, as well as WH40K DOW2.

CaveStory PlusGratuitous Space Battles #2 was already claimed, but not by me.

Oh well, thanks for giving others the opportunity for the other games.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

I think it lasts until the next vote passes, so that's 12pm EST, I think.

Tecl0n

Prices are horrible compared to pre-sale; however, I just started yesterday and still have quite a few games to go through. I could not care less about badges (outside of the Steam Summer Sale one), I just want more money to buy games. The market was bound to crash as soon as cards were promoted during a sale. In the free market when there is such a large inflow of supply everyone is going to try and undercut each other.

I may have phrased that wrongly, i meant with the terrible prices how many cards must you have sold to get to 11.

ss_lemonade

Tomb Raider Collection seems like a pretty good deal. How are the old Tomb Raider ports in terms of compatibility? Can I easily use my 360 controller on all the games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MILgBQT.jpg

Anyone know how to see which DLC this is? I can't see the full name, even when I try to slide "acquisition method" over to the right.

Visit the game's store page and see which DLC lights up (assuming you have Enhanced Steam installed). That, or briefly revert back to the default Steam skin, which will have smaller text, or visit your license/transaction history page.

God damn it, I was trying to get each Tomb Raider at $0.62, but when I was checking my purchase, all their prices were increased!

Will the 91% promotion be back?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Died again on FTL. Got to sector 6, so this was my best run ever.

Managed to find some extra crew members along the way: 1 human, 2 engi and 1 mantis. Ran into some trouble with some mantis too, some of which managed to board my ship while I was on their home sector. I tried to asphyxiate them, but I couldn't, so I had to resort to my loyal crew members to finish them off. I also fought an unmanned vessel, which had some kind of cloaking device, and another one that had 2 shield bars, which was annoying because I had run out out of missiles so I was forced to only use the starting laser (which fires 3 shots at a time). That meant that if I was lucky and didn't miss a shot, only 1 would inflict damage on the ship, since the other 2 were wasted on bringing down the shields. The battle went on a little too long, but I came victorious after all.

Finally I got to the zoltan home sectors, and when trying to aid one of their patrol ships against a pirate one, I was boarded by mantises again and they destroyed my weapons systems. Because of that I was unable fight the enemy ship, and I was being attacked both from the outside and inside. In the end my guys lost the fight, but they died heroically.

Goodbye X Wing and tripulation: Han, Luke, Chewie and other unknown but equally respected allies. You'll always be remembered.

Prophane33

FUCK. THAT.

A.) I have ZERO free spending money (moving across the country blah blah blah)
B.) Temporarily Unemployed (due to said move) thus I literally have all the time in the world, especially since my fiance' is working like 8 days in a row doing crazy overtime.
C.) I just leave games idle and go about my business (a.k.a. posting here).

Prelithe

God damn it, I was trying to get each Tomb Raider at $0.62, but when I was checking my purchase, all their prices were increased!

Will the 91% promotion be back?

Whenever you see 91% on a game you're interested in, don't think, just buy. Although in this case it lasted for quite a while - usually they get fixed quickly.

Papytendo

Was the classic 91% bug, managed to snag 1-3, Legend and Underworld.
Anyway, what do you guys think causes the 91% bug? Is it the promotion accidentally be applied twice by accident? I would have to assume so because I believe that was the percentage for the Bethesda New Year Collection last winter from GamersGate. Gabe will never touch that sale.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
A.) I have ZERO free spending money (moving across the country blah blah blah)
B.) Temporarily Unemployed (due to said move) thus I literally have all the time in the world, especially since my fiance' is working like 8 days in a row doing crazy overtime.
C.) I just leave games idle and go about my business (a.k.a. posting here).

lemme ask you this. do you leave them idle at the menu? does it matter?

kennah

Anyway, what do you guys think causes the 91% bug? Is it the promotion accidentally be applied twice by accident? I would have to assume so because I believe that was the percentage for the Bethesda New Year Collection last winter from GamersGate. Gabe will never touch that sale.

Kinda like when Sleeping Dogs was 94% off. Love things like this. I almost bought the Tomb Raiders, but then remembered that I never liked the series.

Vecks

75% off twice sounds about right.

Prophane33

lemme ask you this. do you leave them idle at the menu? does it matter?

Leave it at the launcher (if it has one) or alt+tab over as soon as the first company name pops up (then turn down the volume of the game only). As long as you show up as in game on Steam you're green (to earn!). I don't do multiple games, it takes about 90-120 minutes to get all drops per game.

Sykotik

I tried to confirm all these keys. I'm sorry if you get an invalid one.

WH40K Gold will require additional keys from me, as well as WH40K DOW2.

I'm sorry for all the people that got invalid keys. I guess they de-activate if they aren't used.

As for the people with DoW Gold, I opened the codes from amazon right before I sent them. I have no idea why they weren't working. I'll send a ticket to Amazon and figure out what can be done, if anything.

Smash88

Banned
C3Ndup2.jpg

Thank you Based Sykotik. You saved me so much money.

For those who don't know he sent me more codes in my PM with all the DLC.

Fucking insane. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom