• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
Man I cannot get multiple card drops to save my life. Opened Universe Sandbox, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Steller Impact all at the same time. Alt+Tabbed (didn't minimize) and went AFK for about 35 minutes. Still no cards.

Most times I get them after 40 or 50 minutes.
Just wait a little more :p

Dr.Acula

Banned
This thread is like a moving train that I'm scared to get out in front of.

tld68tv.gif

Edwardo

Man I cannot get multiple card drops to save my life. Opened Universe Sandbox, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Steller Impact all at the same time. Alt+Tabbed (didn't minimize) and went AFK for about 35 minutes. Still no cards.

Hmm, I've been doing the same thing and got a couple cards from dota 2, civ v, bastion, witcher 2, and binding of isaac.

Maybe try restarting Steam.

Since the sale started it takes way longer then 30 min to get cards now. Needs to be like 40-50 minutes

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Decided to actually play games I owned that drop cards. My god is They Bleed Pixels tough; Super Meatboy hard.

EDIT: And I'm getting a blister on my thumb!

xDEKOIx

Anyone have an extra Torchlight 2 summer sale card they would trade for a Dead Island one? Its the last card i need to make a badge D;

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Most times I get them after 40 or 50 minutes.
Just wait a little more :p

Since the sale started it takes way longer then 30 min to get cards now. Needs to be like 40-50 minutes

Alright I'm gonna leave them all open while I add some of the new profile backgrounds to the Enhanced Steam database. I'll keep you guys informed.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I just crafted the first Saints Row badge and holy crap, that emoticon is small! I can barely make out what it is. I think I'm done with card collecting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Strangely I've seen the "Valve Complete Pack" pop up a few times in search results, but the link just redirects to the home page. It's $49.99 if they decide to make it stay though!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So...Resident Evil 6. If I loved 5, will I like 6 just as much?
Depends on why you did. Seems that people who mostly just loved mercenaries mode can love RE6 for the same reason. If you want to play through the story campaigns, you are strongly advised to enable the automatic QTE option that is now in the game.

Is it cheaper anywhere else?
You can use that one-time-use code at Amazon to get the 15% off on top of matching Steam's deal.

Damn it, looks like I'm going to have to skip this sale completely. I'm outside the country on vacation and the Steam app defaults to the country's currency, which means that I can't make any purchases. I've been waiting for the Witcher to hit $5 for a while, guess I'll just have to wait until the winter sale. Steam needs a better system for making purchases while outside the country.

How is darksiders 2? I don't love the art direction (sue me) but the gameplay as a zelda type appeals to me.

Sorry I couldn't vote system shock, would be bitter if it went on sale after I bought it yesterday. Clearly I need to be more patient.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not entirely, but there are only small publishers who have one.

Maybe those are the ones that existed already before the sale.

I suppose a few of those technically count as publisher packs as they contain one or two titles not developed internally. Thanks to you (and Milamber!) for the list, as it'll allow me to pick up a ton of stuff rather easily on the last day of the sale.

bonesquad

I gave up on the multiple games at once 'trick'. I would always get the multiple cards once after a little while, but then nothing after. I only have two games left at this point anyway.

Damn it, looks like I'm going to have to skip this sale completely. I'm outside the country on vacation and the Steam app defaults to the country's currency, which means that I can't make any purchases. I've been waiting for the Witcher to hit $5 for a while, guess I'll just have to wait until the winter sale. Steam needs a better system for making purchases while outside the country.

Why dont you use paypal to get me or one of the other great forum members in the OP to buy it and gift it to you.

You could also look into setting up a vpn. It may take a little bit of time but you can also contact customer support and they will help you.

jshackles

I gave up on the multiple games at once 'trick'. I would always get the multiple cards once after a little while, but then nothing after. I only have two games left at this point anyway.

Yeah been an hour with no cards - giving up now.

FloatOn

So...Resident Evil 6. If I loved 5, will I like 6 just as much?

I'm only a chapter in RE6 and I'm having a good time in co-op with a friend. Just don't expect a great story.

It feels oddly more like old Resident Evil to me. It feels good to shoot zombies again even if it is in a third person shooter skin.

I have a feeling I'll like this more than 5.

def sim

I'm only a chapter in RE6 and I'm having a good time in co-op with a friend. Just don't expect a great story.

It feels oddly more like old Resident Evil to me. It feels good to shoot zombies again even if it is in a third person shooter skin.

I have a feeling I'll like this more than 5.

Beginning of Leon's campaign?

Things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom