• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Anybody else having an issue with card listings not showing up? At first I thought maybe Valve hid your own, but all the SS Tomb Raider cards are ~30c while mine is listed at about 28c.

It does that the first 2-3 hours after the deals roll over.
Just hold on, eventually someone will see yours and buy it, especially when they think it's so much cheaper than the slice of extra expensive cards they got in the refresh before that!

Kabouter

Man this thing moves fast, I don't think there's anything in there for me today. Either own it or am not interested in it (enough). The only thing that is sort of tempting is Tomb Raider, since people said it's good, but ehhh, €12.49 is still not very little. I'll probably hold off on that until it drops to below €10.

The AOE2 price is disappointing. The game should've been $10 to begin with. Oh well, I guess ill have a day off (Torchlight 2 plz tomorrow thx).

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yeah it's definitely worth waiting for.

Weren't you the one that is doing a visual novel game based on the free version of GM?

I'm doing a visual novel in Ren'Py, but I want to use Game Maker to (hopefully) make a metroidvania style game once I'm done with that one. I tried out the free version and liked it, but there were too many limitations (especially on assets) for me to continue.

Avallon

Steam Sale with cards on Evo Day - Doing it right:

5AmMRSU.jpg

njean777

It didn't improve anything, it's almost identical. It's just bigger.

It did improve the weapons in how the manufacture actually matters. It also has harder bosses, and more raid like experiences then the first. It also fixed a lot of networking problems the first had, at least for me it did.

I started Steam today and there was an indication of a new item in my inventory. I went to check it and it was a gift of Civilization IV. Do we get games now? If so, what for? I want more.

You bought Brave New World and it went on sale. It was a make good for Take 2.

It didn't improve anything, it's almost identical. It's just bigger.

Is it good? I've never played any of them.

I think it's fantastic. I think the new talent trees work a lot better than the old ones did. They're more refined and offer some additional options to change up gameplay compared to the ones in the first.

I also think quest flow in general was improved, as was the UI in many areas. There's also more enemies in vanilla BL2, more variety to the environments, and so far the DLCs have been overall better, since the only good DLC from the first was General Knoxx.

rockx4

Man this thing moves fast, I don't think there's anything in there for me today. Either own it or am not interested in it (enough). The only thing that is sort of tempting is Tomb Raider, since people said it's good, but ehhh, €12.49 is still not very little. I'll probably hold off on that until it drops to below €10.

That's how it is for me for today. Some games I'm sort of interested in, but not at the current price. Hoping on a good batch for the next flash sale.

Ettie

Head's up for anyone who may not know, when a sequel gets a daily, the first game will also. So Darksiders and Witcher Enhanced are suuuuper cheap right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
one of my hitman absolution cards vanished into the ether after I listed it

apparently it may just pop back up later
It does that the first 2-3 hours after the deals roll over.
Just hold on, eventually someone will see yours and buy it, especially when they think it's so much cheaper than the slice of extra expensive cards they got in the refresh before that!

Alrighty then. Cheers. :)

cicero

Looks like the Tomb Raider Prices are the classic GamersGate mistake of

0.34*0.25 = ~0.09

I doubt this is intentional.
I had them in my cart and was ready to go when I realized I already owned them on GOG, and then I hesitated for a couple of seconds before I quickly realized what I was doing and cleared my cart. Steam Sales deal finding highs and the THRILL of an ever growing library creeping in on my good sensibilities, much to my shame.

Damage so far:

FUEL
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider: Underworld
L.A Noire
Hotline Miami
McPixel
FTL
Sleeping Dogs

Now just waiting for Last Light and Natural Selection 2.

Crayons

Banned
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-A4DDF1FD53C9985B - Taken by Saty

My last copy of the Tomb Raider games. Enjoy!

That's how it is for me for today. Some games I'm sort of interested in, but not at the current price. Hoping on a good batch for the next flash sale.
That's me for L.A. Noire right now. 75% off is nice but it seems like it should be less than $10. (It's also the game that caused my PS3 to YLOD back in the day so I feel like Rockstar should give me a free copy to compensate :p).

mclem

I belive HoMM6 Complete is more expensive than HOMM6 Gold + Shades of Darkness, and both contain the same content. Have I missed something?

DirtRiver

You can wait until Amazon matches their price and apply the code GOONCAVE for 15% off (I think that's the code and discount, though I might be wrong)

RedSwirl

Here's one thing you gotta ask yourself for each game in this sale: Do you see yourself installing and playing this game between now and the autumn sale in November?

Aranath

There are only 3 skins and they gost like 40 cents all together? Hrmmmm

There are six in total from what I see - Aviatrix, Guerilla, Hunter, Demolition, Mountaineer and Sure-shot. You can buy them separately, in two outfit packs, or get the first three with some of the skills DLC.

I already have Legend and Anniversary... now, even though I don't like the older ones, it feels like an incomplete collection that can be filled for very cheap.

damn I've lost it.

Tenrius

Hmmm, Mars War Logs is tempting, but it is hard to get a good opinion about it.

For people wondering about Mars War Logs, I created a thread (sort of an |OT|) back when it was released. There are some opinions there, might be helpful. I actually ended up not getting the game (yet), lol, so I unfortunately cannot provide an opinion piece myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom