• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I care about the prices more than the games? Guess it's literally just because how cheap they are.

I don't like any of the Tomb Raider games except the new one. I really need to ignore this.

edit: I didn't even know I already owned Anniversary and Legend WTF

Juice

Is the Borderlands 2 Season Pass worth it?

I think for me the question hinges on how compelling Borderlands 2 itself is. I quit the first game halfway through because of how sparse/level grindy it felt.

(From a few pages back)
Another indie recommendation!

Puddle - $2.99 (70% off)
ss_7ed985ae358c157aa4bea3e905eef2b754f1242c.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222140/

Rotate the environment to maneuver various fluids through obstacles and traps. Awesome fluid physics and innovative level designs ranging from a rocket engine to the human body.

It's really cool. Each fluid varies in viscosity and other elements. For example playing as nitroglycerin, you have to go slowly so you don't explode but also have to segment yourself to blow up obstacles

The levels are equally varied. In one you might be manipulating rocket fuel in a space ship engine than be in zero gravity once the ship launches.

Or you're cough medicine, moving through the body in fuzzy x ray-style visuals, avoiding needles and controlling peristalsis to move through the digestive tract

Highly recommended

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is the Borderlands 2 Season Pass worth it?

I think for me the question hinges on how compelling Borderlands 2 itself is. I quit the first game halfway through because of how sparse/level grindy it felt.

Borderlands 2 is Borderlands 1 Now With Color. YMMV on how much that excites you. I like it for what it is.

KScorp

Are there any good alternatives to PayPal? I wouldn't mind hosting 4 packs for some things but I refuse to use PayPal for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anybody else having an issue with card listings not showing up? At first I thought maybe Valve hid your own, but all the SS Tomb Raider cards are ~30c while mine is listed at about 28c.

Mairu

Anybody else having an issue with card listings not showing up? At first I thought maybe Valve hid your own, but all the SS Tomb Raider cards are ~30c while mine is listed at about 28c.

one of my hitman absolution cards vanished into the ether after I listed it

apparently it may just pop back up later

ngt

I started Steam today and there was an indication of a new item in my inventory. I went to check it and it was a gift of Civilization IV. Do we get games now? If so, what for? I want more.

No Time to explain is 75% off.

No controller support though. Im really bad with keyboard.

If I use one of those programs to be able to use a controller, will I be able to play it well or this game requires a lot of precision?

itschris

Hmm, Age of Empires II is tempting, but I think I'll wait. I'd rather pay under $5 for it. Maybe it'll be 75% off for the winter sale.

Digoman

Hmmm, Mars War Logs is tempting, but it is hard to get a good opinion about it.

And it is not fair.... I own Witcher 2 on gog so I can't collect it's cards (insert joke about Witcher 1 sex cards here).

But if you don't have it and like WRPGs, don't miss the chance. Fantastic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom