• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Here's one thing you gotta ask yourself for each game in this sale: Do you see yourself installing and playing this game between now and the autumn sale in November?
Rational decision making has no place in Steam sale threads.

To answer your question, yes if it has cards.

the damage so far:

• Don't Starve
  • The Cave
  • Ninja Blade
  • FEZ
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • Tomb Raider 2013
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary

but I still have games waiting in my wishlist to get daily or flash deals,

• Monaco
  • Gunpoint
  • Rogue Legacy
  • The Swapper

though I still have faith in Gaben

No Time to explain is 75% off.

No controller support though. Im really bad with keyboard.

If I use one of those programs to be able to use a controller, will I be able to play it well or this game requires a lot of precision?

Quoting myself cause this thread goes too damn fast :p

wes-

I already have Legend and Anniversary... now, even though I don't like the older ones, it feels like an incomplete collection that can be filled for very cheap.

damn I've lost it.

I think you gotta ask yourself if you will ever play the old collection. If not, skip.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
(From a few pages back)
Another indie recommendation!

Puddle - $2.99 (70% off)

It's really cool. Each fluid varies in viscosity and other elements. For example playing as nitroglycerin, you have to go slowly so you don't explode but also have to segment yourself to blow up obstacles

The levels are equally varied. In one you might be manipulating rocket fuel in a space ship engine than be in zero gravity once the ship launches.

Or you're cough medicine, moving through the body in fuzzy x ray-style visuals, avoiding needles and controlling peristalsis to move through the digestive tract

Highly recommended
I had my eye on this one. Saw it on Toma's indie gems thread, and it looked cool. Is it good then?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Dark Souls not being the sale. Hopefully it goes on sale later.

Another one. It's Tomb Raider Anniversary (forgot that last part in the PM to ModBot).

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-BBF79EBEBA0241ED - Taken by BadAss2961

RetroMG

So I just gifted myself something, so I could give it away, and it hasn't shown up in my email yet, help?

Have you previously gifted that game to that email address? I had that problem giving away FTL. I had to go through like three different email addresses.

Also - Damn, RE6 is on sale? I've been wanting to grab it to see if it's as bad as everyone says, I'm out of cash until partial payday on Wednesday.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
StarDrive, Endless Space... pretty much any space 4x these days I like to Cheat Engine the hell out of it and cake walk through the game just to see what's possible. StarDrive reminds me a lot of SPAZ as far as graphics go. Wouldn't have got it without the sale but here we go.

Also got the BL2 Psycho, apparently the character has some weird inner conflict going on

mcnarnia

Neo Member
Just realized my goal this sale was to focus on point and clicks. I have bought almost twenty games and none of them are point and clicks. *shakes fist at steam*

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
EDIT. NVM. Wrong topic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's one thing you gotta ask yourself for each game in this sale: Do you see yourself installing and playing this game between now and the autumn sale in November?
I install pretty much everything I buy.

As for playing it... Yeah, nice one.

Crayons

Banned
Thank you so much DECOY-LDN !

fXdxfAY.png

ElFly

StarDrive was on my wishlist but I didn't receive a notification when it entered the Daily.

I feel betrayed, Gaben.

Chojka

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-FCC1B254DFC99285 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I ask myself this regularly. The answer is virtually always "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom