• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to give this thing a try.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Witcher 2 -- MB-428EBCCEFB670BF9 - Taken by scottzorus

Salsa

worth every penny, at this sale price you shouldn't miss it

yea maybe if they're chocolate pennies

avoid like plague, terrible game

run away run run run away dont buy it

im serious tho, I hated it with a passion. Everything I hate about games in 2013 in one neat little package

Flaxh

Guys I really wanna play Borderlands 2 but do you think it's worth half my budget for the sale? Will it get to 5€ soon?

Tomb Raider is a filler game for filler times. It's pretty and practically on-rails action. It's entertaining but far from lasting. I'd avoid it unless you really want a palette cleanser.

AlexBasch

So how's Tomb Raider 2013? Is it more like Uncharted? I'm considering getting it at Amazon for $10.62 with a coupon, but I'm not sure yet.
Also, is the multiplayer still active?
Is there a list with the upcoming Amazon deals or are they price-matching them with the Steam sale?

Silky

Banned
People are buying my steam cards! I'm only a dollar away from BFBC-- *Sees Tomb Raider for 80 cents*

...../FUCK/.

I really wish I knew how to make this steam card shit work in my favor. :c I want to save these summer cards because I know after the sales' over, they'll be pretty rare & I can make a fortune...but...BFBC2....$6

gblues

Banned
I like that I've been able to get 3 games so far (Bastion, Hotline Miami, and Just Cause 2) doing nothing but selling my trading cards. Getting a little harder with the more common cards dropping down into the teens and, y'know, running out of cards to sell. :)

xptoxyz

Only "game" I really want today is RPG Maker, but I'll literally only have five bucks in my bank account if I buy it, so I'm not getting it :'(

Thank you for the giveway, only way I think I'm getting anything out of this sale, not the best of times right now.

Also, just saw ModBot's avatar for the first time, it's fucking terrifying. :|

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah I think we need to sort out that intervention for you sooner than expected.

I hate to think what you've been buying.
Are any guides or PC Gamer mags on sale?

Well...

The Witcher 2 Prima Guide 8.74 USD
Might and Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness 17.46 USD
Tomb Raider Scavenger Executioner 0.24 USD
Age of Empires II 9.99 USD
StarDrive 10.19 USD
Kinetic Void 6.79 USD
Tomb Raider: Multiplayer Map Pack Bundle 2.49 USD

Subtotal: 55.90 USD
Tax: 0.00 USD

Total: 55.90 USD

The_Monk

I hope you guys get and play and enjoy The Witcher 2.

That game is great fellow GAFfers, and the Soundtrack...

So good.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
People are buying my steam cards! I'm only a dollar away from BFBC-- *Sees Tomb Raider for 80 cents*

...../FUCK/.

I really wish I knew how to make this steam card shit work in my favor. :c
Bfbc2 is dead anyways. It used to be a great game. But the single player was always bad

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Salsa that new OP is breaking my heart you handsome bastard

and thanks for the input on DOOM 3 BFG in the last thread guys!! much appriciated. Waiting for a DOOM franchise complete bundle @ 75 % then

Quixzlizx

If I have the Witcher 2 EE, does that mean I have that Director's Cut DLC that's being sold separately? I'm guessing that was for people who bought W2 before the EE came out?

AlexBasch

If you aren't sure, try out Tomb Raider Anniversary first, assuming you don't already have it.
Egh, I never liked the old Tomb Raiders aside from the first one and even with nostalgia glasses it was "decent" for me. :/

That's exactly the reason I'm interested about it. :p

Cheddahz

Banned
Thank you for the giveway, only way I think I'm getting anything out of this sale, not the best of times right now.

Also, just saw ModBot's avatar for the first time, it's fucking terrifying. :|

It's no problem man, TR:A is my favorite TR game on Steam, hope you enjoy it

Fracas

#fuckonami
Seeing as my only chance to get the Witcher 2 was to get a foil from gun monkeys and I failed, who wants :

Gun Monkeys

Jetpack Monkey
Explorer Monkey
Spaaaace Monkey

Surgeon Sim

Tooled Up

Giving away free, my dreams of a new rpg are dead! Quote me.
Is surgeon sim still available?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty awesome deals today.

People need to get in on that Witcher 2.

Valve just keeps adding cards to my favorite games.

I was going through my badge list and installing the necessary games, whilst simultaneously uninstalling superfluous games to make space. I uninstalled Sleeping Dogs and scrolled down to see -- drum roll -- a Sleeping Dogs badge. Woe is me.

Sale has been pretty good to me so far. Still waiting for further drops on the following:

Kentucky Route Zero
Monaco
Receiver
La-Mulana
Star Trek
Rogue Legacy
Penny Arcade 4
Another World
Timeshift
and Pinball FX tables

Komedy

Neo Member
and so todays damage

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW), The Witcher 2, Might and Magic Heroes VI Gold, Age of Empires III + Age of Empires II Bundle

£22.46

The AoE II and III bundle was a good price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom