• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I was going through my badge list and installing the necessary games, whilst simultaneously uninstalling superfluous games to make space. I uninstalled Sleeping Dogs and scrolled down to see -- drum roll -- a Sleeping Dogs badge. Woe is me.

Haha easy mistake to make considering how fast they are releasing them.

It is cheering to see people still making good use of Modbot. <3 generous GAFers :).

I have not played The Witcher or its sequel but £3.74 seems like too good a deal to pass up, despite not knowing when I would get to it! :/

Oh and I now see that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is on sale for £1.74?! That is almost indecently cheap for what is clearly a substantial game! :eek:

However, may I seek some advice on the Witcher 2 please? The Steam game page says:

I don't understand what that means or how I would know if my system would run the game, in respect to that aspect. It certainly meets [exceeds actually] the Recommended PC System Requirements but that quoted text above is double dutch to me. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a pc gaming noob :).

It means it wont work on FAT32. Just NTFS. You'll have NTFS

Hilti92

I finally clicked buy to FTL after a month of considering. You win, GAF.
Total haul:
Civ5 GOLD
FTL
I don't want anything else so plz give horrible deals steam!

Sini

However, may I seek some advice on the Witcher 2 please? The Steam game page says:

I don't understand what that means or how I would know if my system would run the game, in respect to that aspect. It certainly meets [exceeds actually] the Recommended PC System Requirements but that quoted text above is double dutch to me. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a pc gaming noob :).
Don't worry about that. I doubt your filesystem is FAT32.

seeing as how recent ff7 came out(on steam) and that it's not even discounted right now makes me think it won't be discounted at all

try back maybe this winter

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
seeing as how recent ff7 came out(on steam) and that it's not even discounted right now makes me think it won't be discounted at all

try back maybe this winter

Shouldn't take that long - this is Square Enix we're talking about...

Tenrius

It is cheering to see people still making good use of Modbot. <3 generous GAFers :).

I have not played The Witcher or its sequel but £3.74 seems like too good a deal to pass up, despite not knowing when I would get to it! :/

Oh and I now see that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is on sale for £1.74?! That is almost indecently cheap for what is clearly a substantial game! :eek:

It's about the file system, FAT32 is not supported. If you have a new PC, your disks are most likely formatted in NTFS (which is supported), so it's all good.

sprinkles

I gather nobody's played Mars War Logs then? A quick peek at in the Steam forums has plenty of favourable opinions of the game.
I played through the first major area of the game, roughly six hours into the game. It it the very definition of Eurojank and had (at the time) hilariously bad voice acting, but I have a weak spot for the setting and enjoyed my time. Will finish it when I have more time.

Tactics

What Assassin's Creed game would you recommend to someone who hasn't played any of them yet? Are they connected story-wise?

Dr Dogg

I was going through my badge list and installing the necessary games, whilst simultaneously uninstalling superfluous games to make space. I uninstalled Sleeping Dogs and scrolled down to see -- drum roll -- a Sleeping Dogs badge. Woe is me.

As if I need an excuse to reinstall Sleepy Dawgs. Might actually be the first game I (re)play for the drops.

Would buying the Steam version of the Witcher 2 for myself be crossing the crazy person line, if I already own, installed and played multiple times, the GoG version? Those stupid cards and achievements have me thinking about it.

ElFly

imtehman

Banned
Would buying the Steam version of the Witcher 2 for myself be crossing the crazy person line, if I already own, installed and played multiple times, the GoG version? Those stupid cards and achievements have me thinking about it.

iono but i i'm a sucker for jus tliking having a huge list of games in my account =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom